Arc 1 – Now or Never: Chapter 7
692 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Now or Never: Chapter 7

20 minutes later*

I am speechless right now. Completely speechless. As I watch Machio somehow develop his Muscle Speak to make it so he could compress his muscle mass, giving him more explosive power and speed. Hell, I'm willing to bet that if it wasn't for my cheat. I wouldn't have a chance in facing Machio as he is right now.

For fuck sake, the dude's body is releasing so much Magic Power that he is forming a large crater just by standing there with each second passing by, increasing the size of the crater.

The only reason neither Juvia nor me are flying off from this. Is due to Juvia using her own Magic Power to counter the pressure, preventing it from affecting her. And I'm doing the same thing.

"Any idea how long until he stops?" I ask Juvia.

Before Juvia could answer. The shockwaves caused by Machio stop instantly. As if the guy was waiting for me to ask that question.

"Alright, I need one of you to fight me!" Machio said to Juvia and me, giving us a bright smile that just seem to shine.

No really, his teeth are all shiny and stuff. Nearly blinding me and making me squint to barely see Machio.

How in the world is he doing that? I know for a fact, that this isn't magic since I don't feel any Magic Power coming from him right now.

"Does Renato-sama want to fight or should Juvia?" Juvia asks me while not looking in Machio's direction, saving herself from the fate of being nearly blinded.

I give Juvia a side glance, for asking such a question. However, this also gives me a good idea of Juvia's fighting ability. Since she isn't intimidated by Machio and the way she reacted under the presence of Machio's Magic Power a few seconds ago.

"I will." I give Juvia a smile, trying my best not to show how nervous I am. After all, this is the first time for me to face a fellow Mage and one that trained their body to the limit.

"You can do it, Renato-sama!" Juvia cheered for me, which make me feel a bit better.

However, the moment I lay my eyes on Machio. My confidence begins to crumble with each step I take closer to Machio, who is still in his huge muscular form. And holy cow, is it just me or the guy's muscles larger than before?

"Ah, so you'll be my sparring partner!" Machio changed his pose and continue to grin at me, but at least it was no longer shining like before.

"Yup..." I'm already regretting this, but at the same time, I need to do this. Better in a safe...

Machio began speaking in an unknown language, mostly chanting he created to use his Muscle Speak. Going by how his size is becoming larger, making him almost 15 meters in height now.

Oh, fuck me sideways! This is not safe at all! What the fuck?! Is this really Muscle Speak and not Giant Magic?! Like the latter is what allows the caster to enlarge their body to gigantic proportions! Holy shit! He is pretty much a titan from Attack on Titan!

Just remove his speedo and not have a dick, then he would be a legit titan. Still doesn't change the fact, that I'm kinda facing someone that could be a titan and much worst with magic at hand!

"I am ready!" Machio shouted in a deeper voice that shake the land. "This is my experimental fusing Giant Magic with Muscle Speak! Come, Renato! We shall have a legendary battle!"

Fucking call it!

100% of failing to die from facing Machio!

100% of failing to become a cripple from facing Machio!

100% of failing to lose any limbs from facing Machio!

100% of failing to have broken ANYTHING from facing Machio!

Hopefully, this would be enough.

"Muscle Wind Punch!" Machio shouted, throwing a right punch in my direction. A white Magic Circle appears on top of his right fist and without moving from his spot. The wind picked up and formed what looks like a large fist made out of compressed air.

"Bullets, deploy!" I begin firing multiple magic bullets toward the giant wind fist that is already halfway to landing on me.

To my relief, the magic bullets manage to destroy it and more magic bullets begin to land on Machio's giant body; however, it seems to do nothing.

What the fuck? Is the guy heatproof or something?

"Haha! You got to do better than that my friend!" Machio let out a deep chuckle. "I have trained my body in all elements that are possible, and I've long by then develop my body to be resistant to fire!"

It's possible to do that?!

I look at Machio in complete shock, then I let out a frustrated sigh.

Right, anime world and anime logic. Of course, he can make his body resistant to fire.

I throw my Binding Card at Machio, who didn't bother to dodge and allows the Magic Card to take into effect.

100% of Machio fails to resist the Binding Card's effects.

The Binding Card glows in white bright light, then expand its size and shape into a white Magic Circle to appear above Machio, where it shines its light over him. As it slowly spin in midair.

"Ah?!" Machio let out a surprised shout, where chains made out of Magic Power appear around his body and instantly suppress his magic. His body shrinks rapidly until he is back to his normal non-muscular form and wrapped in magical clear blue chains. Furthermore, everyone can sense Machio's Magic Power being rapidly drained into the chains too, making it so he couldn't use his magic to help him break free. Also, one could tell that his strength is also being drained as well with how he can no longer stand up on his own and lay on the ground in a weakened state.

I watch this in relief, that I have my cheat to fall back on. Because I don't think I can do anything else. Since the Snap Bullet Spell didn't work out and I didn't recreate the other two types of magic bullets yet. Just the first one for the time being. Not to mention, I've only created one Binding Card and don't have any more to use if the first one failed to stop Machio.

"Huh, I thought I found the strongest chains to train to break out of already." Machio said in a calm but tired voice, yet I can see on his face that he wasn't a bit bothered by his current state. "Even cursed ones too, but this one is completely different."

I am not even surprised by that comment from Machio. After hearing him about being fire resisted, then it should be a given that he would do other dangerous things in the name of training his body. I just didn't expect him to even use cursed objects as training gears.

"It's not really a chain, but the default form I picked out for my Magic Card." I said to Machio, "I'm not going too deep into detail. Until I release you from those chains. It's impossible for you to break free." And this is the truth, with the Failure Manipulation making sure Machio is unable to resist the Binding Card's effects unless I release him.

Still doesn't the fact, that Machio could easily kill me if I didn't rely on my cheat to make it so my Binding Card would affect without any problem. In addition, I don't even have to rely on my own Magic Power to support the Binding Card as use Machio's Magic Power instead.

"Anyway, you want to call this my win, or do you want to keep trying your luck breaking free?" I said to Machio, then thought about it for a few seconds. "I don't mind just standing here while waiting until then."

And this would give me enough time to come up with further plans to deal with Machio in the future if he turns on Juvia and me for whatever reason there is.

"I'm willing to keep paying you guys by the hours until I break free from this chain..." Machio said weakly, but the smile on his face didn't drop for even a second.

I walk over to Juvia, who is looking at me in absolute awe. Which would have made me blush under her gaze, but thanks to using my cheat from before. That won't be happening anytime soon.

Also, please stop at me like that Juvia. I can't develop a big ego. I need to keep a cautious awareness of this world that's filled with dangers. Both in the public and in the background.

"So, while we wait for Machio to break free." Which he won't, but I'm not going to say that. "How about we talk about if we should go back to that place we stayed before we left for our first job, or should we check the Phantom Lord Guild, to see if it's worth joining?"

"Oh! Juvia forgot about that!" Juvia smiled at me, not even having any thoughts about her canon's first Magic Guild. "Should we check it out today or tomorrow? Juvia doesn't mind either way."

"Hm." I glance at Machio, who is still struggling to get free and failing at it for the past few minutes now. "We can do it today if we got the time after the duration of the job is over."

Plus, this should give me more time to develop my magic. Mainly Spinning Magic, for I have further ideas on how to use this magic beyond what was shown in the canon. As well as the Bullet Magic too and among my other two magic.


5 hours later*

"Renato, was it?" Machio looks at me dead in the eyes. "I'll double the payment for the two of you for the job. As long you provide me the Magic Card of those chains every day."

I stare at him dully, finding this a headache that my Binding Card is being treated as a piece of training equipment by this guy. Not one bit concerned that I could have robbed his place and he couldn't have done anything due to being tied up with Binding Card.

Machio is a lucky man, that I have my morals that are still intact. For now.

"Make it triple, then you got yourself a deal." I said calmly, while I know for a fact that I'm technically ripping this guy off. Since neither Juvia nor I completed the job as was stated in the job description.

Not to mention, the cost of creating the Binding Card isn't that much. As it just cost me around 5% of my Magic Power to create, less if I use Failure Manipulation to reduce the cost further. So it's not that hard for me to provide Machio with the Binding Card.

Easy money.

"No problem! I'll make sure to notify the guilds to take off my job for the public and make it exclusive for you two!" Machio gives Juvia and me a bright smile.

This time I was ready and just close my eyes and nodded.

"Well, thank you for your help! I can't wait to see you two tomorrow!" Machio bowed to us, then close the front door.

Leaving Juvia and me to stand outside his front house.

"Want to rent a room first before checking out the Phantom Lord Guild?" I ask Juvia since we got nothing else to do.

"Sure! Juvia doesn't mind! Juvia will go anywhere with Renato-sama!" Juvia said cheerfully, giving me a bright smile as well. However, instead of blinding white light. She now has a pinkish background filled with hearts. And it's somehow spread around me as well, giving me this warm feeling just by being 'in' this pinkish background.

How...?

34