Arc 1 – Now or Never: Chapter 21
395 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Now or Never: Chapter 21

"So did you girls find Wendy and Carla?" I look around once more to see if I accidentally ignore the two for Juvia and Erza.

"Not yet." Erza shook her head.

"Juvia sorry for failing Renato-sama." Juvia give me a sad look, which changed to a shy one when I gave her a quick kiss on the lip. "Renato-sama! Not in public...!"

"Yeah, wait until we return home before we do any bedroom activities." Erza nods in agreement with Juvia.

"There is a private master bedroom that's still in decent condition, so if Master Renato, Mistress Juvia, and Mistress Erza want to go. I can lead the way." Bari reported, causing Juvia to let go of me and Erza to blush.

"We're good." I spoke up before either Juvia or Erza could even consider the idea. "Right now, we're trying to find our guild members."

"Understood, Master Renato." Bari starts leading us to where Wendy and Carla should be. Unless it could be someone else that's somehow still alive in this haunted place.

"So your not going to ask Bari and any of the Phantom Maidens to have sex, are you?" Erza asks me.

"No." I said with a hint of annoyance in my tone, yet I made sure no one noticed via Failure Manipulation.

"That's right. Why would Renato-sama need to ask others for sex when I'm here and willing to do all kinds of things for him." Juvia spoke up in a calm voice.

Lucky for me, Bari didn't say anything and kept quiet while both Juvia and Erza start arguing. Again.


30 minutes later*

I'm speechless right now.

Before us is Wendy, who looks exactly like her canon Earth Land version and not her canon Edolas version, and Carla sleeping on a huge worn-down queen-size bed.

"So these two have been sleeping this entire time due to someone using Sleep Magic on them?" I ask Bari. "And you've overhead how they are going to use them as hostages?"

"Yes, Master Renato. In addition, they should be coming here soon. As I can sense the familiar soul of the Mage that used Sleep Magic on these two." Bari reported.

Well, instead of hunting down potential powerful ghosts. It leads to me having them as my servants or whatever. And discovering the job that Wendy and Carla took is a fake one.

It's not common but it's still a rare case of this happening in many guilds. Including other guilds that aren't a guild filled with Mages. Making many people avoid taking certain jobs alone or with a small team due to the hidden danger behind the fake jobs.

"Weird. I thought the guild master would make sure to check the background of the job before allowing someone like Wendy and Carla to do it." I mumble my thoughts out loud, but actually, I knew that the guild master would make a mistake here and there due to having to run a guild on his own.

"Well, our guild master is pretty old. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he would consider retiring by now." Erza looks around, checking for any hidden dangers.

"Juvia doesn't remember when, but Juvia overheard how the guild master has been around for a long time since the creation of the guild and is the first guild master." Juvia continues to stare at Bari, barely blinking this entire time.

"Well, hopefully after this. He will put extra effort into checking the background of these jobs." I carefully look at Wendy and Carla then use my cheat to make certain possible outcomes nonexistent. "Look like whoever did this wasn't into little girls."

This caused all the women in the room to suddenly have icy gazes. Luckily not aimed at me.

Ignoring the sudden change in the room temperature. I use my cheat to create a new Magic Card with one specific feature in no time.

With a flick of the wrist. The new Magic Card: Dispel Magic land right on top of Wendy. The Magic card itself burst into white particles and cover both Wendy and Carla.

In a matter of seconds, both Wendy and Carla started to wake up while the white particles slowly disappear.

I look to my right instantly as I felt someone trying to spy on me. As my previous usage of the Failure Manipulation has been triggered.

"Bari, capture whoever is watching us." I order Bari, who didn't even say anything, and disappear.

"The Sleep Mage return?" Erza has one of her magical swords out, ready for the incoming battle.

Bari reappears before I could answer Erza's question and in her left hand is the unconscious Sleep Mage that should be the one that held Wendy and Carla captive for an entire day by now.

Just to be sure, I made use of my cheat to make it so Bari caught the right one that is behind this whole thing and not a decoy.

I look at the Sleep Mage in more detail to see if the person is a canon character in Fairy Tail or from another series.

Nope. Nothing. Just a random man wearing a purple robe.

"Juvia like to ask how should we get the Sleep Mage to confess?" Juvia asks everyone.

"I got that cover." I create another new Magic Card, then throw it at the unconscious Sleep Mage. "Alright, Bari wake him up."

Bari did so by slapping the Sleep Mage across the face with enough force to not only wake the guy up but also cause the guy's right face to swell up like a balloon instantly.

"Ow!" The Sleep Mage cried out in pain.

"Reveal everything: your reason for this whole thing. is there other that are doing the same things as you? What's the end goal to all this?" I throw the new Magic Card at the Sleep Magic which I name simply for its effect. Full Truth: there is no half-truth nor one could lie.

Soon, we got our answers and I have no idea if I should be glad that we arrived in time or angry at the guild master for allowing this to happen.

So the Sleep Mage didn't even have any intention of releasing Wendy whatsoever. Instead, the guy is sick in the mind for wanting to keep Wendy as a sex slave. Yup, a sex slave.

Once the effects of the Full Truth Card are gone. The Sleep Mage looks at us in absolute fear.

"We should make him bleed to death." Juvia said coldly. "No. That would be a mercy. I should cause his blood to rupture slowly."

"I say we should cut him piece by piece. While making sure to keep him alive until the end we deliver the finishing blow." Erza looks at the Sleep Mage in disgust and rage.

"Would you like me to trap this Mage's soul into the deepest part of the Ghost Realm to be tortured for all eternally? I'm sure there are many ghosts who would love to have a new resident to play with. The last one has long by now been converted into the other ghosts, waiting for the next victim to join their numbers." Bari didn't seem to care about what the Sleep Mage was planning to do with Wendy and just follow Juvia and Erza's trance of thoughts.

"How about all the above?" I throw a Binding Card at the Sleep Mage and use my cheat to make him unable to break free and not able to use his magic either. "You girls do it while I help Wendy and Carla over there catch up on what's going on." I point at the now awaken Wendy and Carla, both looking at us with a guarded look while looking ready to fight us too at that.

"With pleasure." Juvia snaps her fingers, creating a Magic Circle.

Erza already has her own weapon out, which happens to be a peeling knife.

Bari didn't join them and followed by my side.

"Hello, you two must be Wendy and Carla. I'm Renato and those two behind me are Juvia being the blue hair one and Erza being the redhead." I introduce myself and the others. "This is Bari, my..." I look at Bari, unsure what to say.

"I'm your servant, Master Renato." Bari said calmly.

"PLEASE HAVE MERCY!" The Sleep Mage cried out, as his blood begin to rupture around his left arm while having his eye plucked by Erza personally.

Wendy and Carla pale at this sight, making me sigh inside and step in front of their line of sight.

"Ignore what's going behind me." I said to the two, while secretly making use of my cheat to prevent them from making unwanted questions. "Going back to before. We're here to check up on you two under the request of Sol." I reveal my guild's mark. "We're new members, but it seems like Sol trusts us enough to come to check on you two since neither of you reported back when he tried to contact you guys."

"Shoul-Shouldn't you do something about that?" Wendy shakingly points over me.

Hm. Guess this wasn't an unwanted question.

"Not really. Trust me. You'll thank us for this." I find it funny how Wendy and Carla took their time waking up right after the Sleep Mage confessed what plans he had in store for them. Yup, even the female magical cat, Carla.

"HELP! SOMEONE! PLEASE!" The Sleep Mage cried out in agony, for he now is missing both his arms and parts of his right leg.

Neither Juvia nor Erza said a single word during the entire torture. Making this more frightening to many, especially going by the way Wendy and Carla embraced each other in comfort.

"Uh...?" Wendy continues to point behind me.

"Don't worry about it." As the last word left my mouth. The Sleep Mage went silent.

I'm honestly surprising myself to be able to keep calm. Then again, my mental state has lately been going downhill ever since I came into this world and have a powerful cheat. I wouldn't be surprised if I've somehow gone slightly insane by now. Though I could change that real quick with my cheat by making it so I can't go insane, I feel like that route would lead to unimagine things that would happen to me on a level that's beyond my comprehension.

"So, with that said. We're here to check on you two before taking you guys back to the guild or helping you complete the job." I pause for a moment, to look at Bari before focusing back on Wendy and Carla. "Although the second option is impossible to do since the job was fake; we'll go with the first option to help bring you two back to the guild. Everyone, including the guild master himself, is worried about your safety."

"Renato-sama, we're finished and have made sure to clean up ourselves." Juvia hug me from behind, allowing me to feel her lovely breasts on my back again. "We can go whenever you want."

"Right..." I continue to stare at Wendy and Carla. "Bari, go out and start the car. We should be leaving soon and if there is anything else you want to take from here. Do it now while you have the chance since there is a very low chance of us returning here after leaving."

"As you command, Master Renato." Bari bowed to me before disappearing before everyone's eyes.

"Now, that the trash is taken care of. I hope this doesn't consider a failure for the job, fake or not." Erza said to everyone in the room. "Well, I'm sure the guild master will make sure this doesn't get recorded onto your history of jobs done over the years as a member of the guild."

Wendy let out a quiet whine, tears appearing in the corner of her eyes. Carla trying to keep a cool front, but the way her body is shaking entirely shows everyone that she wasn't anything but calm.

I just know this is going to be a very awkward drive back home.

17