Arc 1 – Now or Never: Chapter 35
255 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Now or Never: Chapter 35

A few days later*

"Why are we here again?" I ask Karen, where Juvia and I are tagging along to meet up with Mirajane from the Fairy Tail Guild. Funny how she is still part of Fairy Tail Guild while Erza isn't.

"Because we're here to invite Mirajane to join up for a group photoshoot. Mirajane is a friend of mine and also a huge fan of Juvia, and she has been dying to meet Juvia once she found out about her joining the Blue Pegasus Guild." Karen looks at me with a bright smile.

Juvia, next to me, smile as well. Mostly because she might have another female friend to hang out with.

"Alright, but I'll say this now. If that pink-headed guy comes over to attack me. I will fight back instead of letting Juvia drown him until he becomes unconscious." I made a promise to Karen, who let out a nervous laugh.

"If he does, then after you deal with him. I'm going to make it so he will fear water so much he wouldn't dare touch water other than drinking it when he needs to." Juvia said coldly, causing the temperature to drop.

"Yeah, let's not go that far yet." I pull Juvia in for a quick kiss, solving the cold temperature problem again. "If anything, I'll just make it so he will temporarily be afraid of his own shadow when we're here." I smile at Juvia, who smiles back.

"Uh, please don't do that unless he does attack you. I don't think Mirajane would like to see her guild member be in an awful position." Karen said to me, sweating a little.

Soon, we enter through the doors of the guild building that belongs to the Fairy Tail Guild.

Yup, it's exactly like I would expect. A group of people drink and eat with their friends. On the side, where some Mages are searching for jobs to take on. Near that area is the bar, where I can see Mirajane in the appearance of her canon version. So, even without Erza's existence in the guild didn't change much.

Unless something isn't what it seems from appearance alone. I may need to use the Beyond Card soon. In hindsight, I should have used the Beyond Card to gather more information about all the important characters in this world more often, but at the same time, it turns into a boring job that becomes dull over time.

At least, I know that Gray is only curious about Juvia from what the Beyond Card explains to me. Although, that doesn't mean I will let my guard down with him near Juvia.

Sure, I could use my cheat to prevent ever trying to be with Juvia; however, I trust Juvia. This is why I'd only use my cheat to make it so that if Gray ever has any romantic feelings toward Juvia. Something would distract him before the seed of love could be planted. Lucky for me, the cheat works its effect as Gray didn't have such feelings towards Juvia after seeing her for the first time.

Sorry Gray, but not sorry. You had so many chances to be with Juvia in the canon. I'm keeping her for myself and making sure she is happy, instead of pushing her away.

"Fight me!" Natsu lunged at me with his right fist on fire.

I pull out one of the Magic Cards from the Joke Cards Deck that should deal with Natsu with no problem. Activating and it causes my right fist to glow in unknown symbols.

Teleporting in front of Natsu in midair to punch him in the face, sending him flying back to where he came from.

Handicapped One-Hit K.O. Card makes it, so the wielder can reduce the target's health to 0%, then instantly heal the target by 1% straight away via a melee attack.

Simply, this Magic Card CAN'T kill at all and will just leave the target just a step away from death. Of course, a follow-up attack can still kill them. Besides that, the Magic Card will keep healing the target to stay at 1% until then.

Everyone looks at the badly injured Natsu, that is so close to death that no one can breathe for a few seconds, especially those that know how endurance the Fire Dragon Slayer Mage is most of the time.

"Uh, Juvia, you may want to heal Natsu, or else there might be a guild war." Karen said nervously as her eyes darted around where one could see the unfriendly look on most of these Fairy Tail Mages.

"I could, but he just attacked Renato-sama without any warning." Juvia stares at the Fairy Tail Mages coldly, with a dozen Magic Circles of various sizes behind her. "They need to apologize to Renato-sama first."

"Karen, what's going on?!" Mirajane quickly walks over to Karen, whispering in a harsh tone.

"Didn't I warn you ahead of time to make sure Natsu doesn't cause problems for the two?" Karen whispers back, staring at Juvia and me with worry and a hint of fear.

"I did! But, you should know Natsu's personality by now. You've come here more than enough time to understand what kind of a person he is." Mirajane replied in the same whisper voice. "What about the guy with Miss Juvia? Didn't you ask him just to avoid Natsu instead of countering?"

Karen gives Mirajane a wry smile, "He's Phantom Bullet."

"Oh..." Mirajane became speechless. "I was wondering why someone would be so close to Miss Juvia. I've heard rumors Miss Juvia has a boyfriend, but not many know his appearance and if he is a Mage. Not many people even thought that Phantom Bullet would be on the same team as Miss Juvia. Most of the fans rejected this rumor even to this day."

"Yeah, that's great and all. But, I think Natsu may have pissed off him and Miss Juvia." Karen whispered in a panic.

"You got some nerve for harming a Fairy Tail member." Gray stood up without his shirt and pants, left with only his boxer.

"Wear some clothes." Juvia said in disgust, looking everywhere but Gray's direction.

"Okay, enough!" Guild Master Makarov shouted, causing everyone to quiet down.

Makarov is an extremely short, elderly man. He has black eyes and is growing bald, with only the outer rims of his head containing white hair. He also has a thick white mustache. He wears a white tunic with the Fairy Tail symbol on the left collar and black pants.

"I apology on Natsu's behalf for attacking you, but did you have to hurt him that badly?" Guild Master Makarov glared at me in rage.

"Tell me that again after thinking if he would stop attacking me if I don't take him down straight away." I said to Makarov, secretly using my cheat to make him see my reason without influencing him too much. Just mostly increasing that one thought negatively related to Natsu.

"Be as it may. You could have just stopped him and let me handle it." Makarov sighs, causing many of the other Fairy Tail Mages to frown. "So, why are you and the other two ladies visiting Fairy Tail?"

I didn't say anything and glanced at Karen, causing her to laugh as she walked closer to Makarov nervously.

"Um, I came here to invite Mirajane for a group photoshoot and have Miss Juvia here to tag along. As Mirajane is a fan of hers." Karen carefully explains the reason why the sudden visit.

Makarov hums, "That does explain why Mirajane was so excited this morning and lectured Natsu longer than usual." He glances over to Natsu, who is still out cold. "If one of you could heal him back to health. I'll let this slide and make Natsu learn how it's important not to attack anyone coming here without hostile intentions. As well as learns that there are people that aren't in the mood for a fight."

"And promise to make sure he doesn't attack us once he wakes up." Juvia said to Makarov coldly, causing the old man to sigh and nod in agreement.

Seeing this, Juvia snaps her fingers, covering Natsu's body with multiple Magic Circles, then in a matter of seconds. Natsu is completely healed, as if he was never harmed. Other than there is some bloodstain to show proof of Natsu's previous injured state.

"Master Makarov-" Gray starts but is cut off by having his clothes thrown into his face. "Hey-" Again, he was cut off, but he kept his mouth shut immediately upon seeing an angry-looking Mirajane glaring at him to say another word.

"Well, Mirajane. You can go ahead and leave. I'll watch over the bar." Makarov said to Mirajane, snapping her out of her trance of trying to frighten Gray into submission. "You better leave now before Natsu wakes up and causes problems for everyone."

I raise an eyebrow on hearing this.

So this is his plan to stop Natsu from attacking us, or am I missing something here?

Then again, if Makarov is anything like his canon counterpart. I'm not surprised if that is his solution.

"Come on, Renato-sama. I don't want anyone attacking you again here." Juvia snorts as she drags me out of there and gives Karen a glance to signal her to leave with us.

"Crap, let's go." Karen grabs Mirajane's hand and drags her away as well, not before saying sorry to Makarov, who waves her off.


Hours later*

"I feel like I'm forgetting something here. Something very important." I said in a serious tone.

"Did you forget to bring something to keep yourself from being bored?" Karen asks as she waits for her turn to model the next take with Juvia.

"Nope." I replied as I kept my eyes on Juvia, where she is wearing a white bikini with wave patterns to go with the blue background.

"Hey, Karen. I'm going to have to leave early. I have to meet up with my little brother to get ready to head out to the church since it's close to the anniversary of Lisanna's death." Mirajane walks over in a bikini similar to Juvia's.

However, I didn't even pay for not a second to the bikini as I realized what I had forgotten.

No time to waste. If I have a counterpart in Edolas, I use my cheat to make it so he can't affect me in any way. Who knows if he has a cheat of his own like mine unless I wasn't in those cliches of Fairy Tail fanfiction where the main character, aka self-insert/oc have their own Edolas counterparts.

I think about it more and go full force. I use my cheat with all ideas I could think of to make it so my counterparts, including any future meetings with parallel versions of myself, cannot meet at all, and in no way should they cause any influence in my life whatsoever. This includes being unable to touch Juvia and those I care about.

I secretly sigh in relief once I realize a very high possibility of dealing with a dangerous foe. It's a good thing Mirajane reminded me.

Well, back to staring at Juvia doing poses for a magazine. Also, I do hope they let Juvia keep that bikini because, hot damn, she looks sexy in it.

14