Arc 3 – Choices We’ve Made: Chapter 3
166 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 3 - Choices We've Made: Chapter 3

The next day*

Standing before me at the Blue Pegasus Guild's backyard training ground are Karen, Lucy, Jenny, and two other additions I found out are among that who joined the guild while Juvia and I were gone.

Of course, these two would be from other series and shouldn't be part of this world, but then again, this is a crossover AU Fairy Tail as the main setting.

Jenny Realight is already a canon character of Fairy Tail world and a Mage from Blue Pegasus Guild, who was introduced after the time skip, so she joined the guild after Juvia and I left for our vacation.

Moving on with the two other characters.

Going for the first is Misa Amane from the series Death Note who would do anything for the man she loves, aka the main character: Light Yagami. Hopefully, he isn't in this world; if so, I better make sure to plan ahead of time if the two know each other.

Lastly, Seras Victoria from Hellsing. Her eyes are red, so most likely being a vampire or just has the same appearance as her canon vampire in looks. Damn, it is going to be a crazy fight if Alucard is in this world.

Overall, I want to ask Guild Master Bob so many questions related to these two ladies; however, I honestly don't have the mental strength to deal with that set of problems when I already got the Sekirei to deal with. Eleven of them, which is a whole lot more than these two before me, not including Karen, Lucy, and Jenny. I already know how to deal with the first two somewhat. Jenny, no idea, but it won't make much of a difference.

"So, I'm Renato, for those that don't know me." I introduce myself to the chosen members to join the Grand Magic Games.

"I'm pretty sure everyone here knows exactly who you are, Renato—OW!" Lucy said dryly, then flinched as something smacked against her forehead.

"So, Guild Master Bob had requested me to train you, ladies, for the incoming Grand Magic Games." I pretend I didn't shoot Lucy with an Invisible Bullet, non-lethal, and continue with the important matter. "Other than Karen and Lucy, since I know them. Tell me who you are and what kind of magic you ladies use."

"I'm Jenny Realight, and I use Take Over Magic: Machina Soul. It's nice to meet the legendary Phantom Bullet." Jenny looks at me with her pupils changed to bright star-like glitters in awe.

I nod at Jenny, then look at Misa to go next.

"Hi, Misa is Misa Amane!" Misa said happily. "Misa use Death God Slayer Magic~!" She did a small hop, then posed with a big smile. "Nice to meet you!"

Death God Slayer Magic... I kind of expect that, knowing Misa's canon background, but I'm a little disturbed by how much chaos she would do with that kind of powerful magic. Plus, who knows what kind of things she has done before joining the Blue Pegasus Guild? Using the Beyond Card would be accessible to that problem, maybe later.

"Likewise." I replied, then stared at Seras.

Seras salute me, "Greetings; I'm Seras Victoria! I use True Vampire Magic and Requip Magic: The Gunner! I'm honored to be trained by the legendary Phantom Bullet!"

"Right. So I have a rough idea of what everyone's magic could do and how to improve them." I said to everyone. "But first, we will train everyone's awareness because you can't use your magic if you're caught off guard, like so."

Without any warning, all of them are on the ground holding the back of their heads in pain.

"Now, if this were a fight in a 10 Year Job, you girls would be dead. All because of the sneak attacks and with enough pain to make one's concentration unstable, preventing the usage of magic and allowing the attackers to deal the finishing blow. So we'll continue this part of the training until all of you manage to dodge any sneak attacks and be able to counter right away with or without using your magic." I give everyone a bright smile, which, no doubt in their eyes, is the smile of pure evil.

Then, throw a Dispel Card at them, removing their pain instantly and the head injuries I've caused.

"So, I'm going to teach you how to dodge better. The first step is to be able to detect the sneak attacks." I continued to smile as I formed more invisible Magic Circles everywhere, but this time, I made a slight change so they would make some noise while spinning. "For a handicap, I'll make it so you can at least hear where the attacks might be coming from. Otherwise, it would be impossible for anyone to detect the invisible attacks."

I take joy in seeing the fears in their eyes. Sure, they are beautiful, but since Guild Master Bob asked me to train them when I could have done so many jobs to gain more money to spoil Juvia and the Sekirei, even with Juvia and I have infinite money coming from our pockets. It's the meaning behind my action that matters.

"In any case, before we work on your magic, let's continue developing that awareness for everyone, kay?" I'm sure I'm downright smiling like crazy because everyone is becoming paler by the seconds in fear. "And don't worry about injuries... I'll fix you right up in no time, and no need to worry about getting tired. I'll also fix that. All you ladies need to do is dodge with all your might. You'll learn to ignore the pain in no time. Trust me; I'll ensure it will happen."

"M-M-Mercy...!" Misa stuttered in fear for her life.

"Name's Renato. There's no one here name's Mercy." I give Misa a cheerful smile while making a small joke.

No one laughs.


A week later*

"How is everyone's training going?" Guild Master Bob asked the five girls he picked for the Grand Magic Games. "Renato isn't holding back anything in teaching you five, right?"

"G-Guild Master Bob!" Lucy cried out, tears going down her cheeks. "Why did you let that monster train us?!"

Karen didn't say anything, too busy looking at her surroundings with dark circles eyes as a sign of lack of sleep. Standing beside her, Leo tries to calm her down but fails and is partially ignored if she wasn't holding his hand in an iron-like grip that would have crushed someone's hands if they weren't strong and/or had Magic Power coursing through their veins to enhance their physical aspects passively.

"Not the face!" Misa screamed in terror, ducking underneath the counter for comfort and grabbing nearby chairs to be pulled closer to her to act as a barrier while shivering in fear.

Seras bolted from her chair, rushing towards the front entrance to escape with eyes filled with horror.

Jenny fainted in her chair with a sad smile as if she had given up on life.

I appear next to Seras, with my right hand holding her face as I calmly drag her back to the counter as she struggles to get out of my grip for dear life. She even elbowed me in the ribs but failed to cause me any harm as I've strengthened my physical beyond its limit already with Magic Power without causing my body to blow up.

"Hello, everyone." I gave everyone on the way a smile, causing them to turn away and make sure to evade eye contact with me.

I toss Seras to the chair she was sitting in a moment ago, striking the back of her neck to knock her out cold before she could run off again.

Lucy began sobbing, but it didn't look like she would move anytime soon. Just like Jenny, she seems to have given up on life.

Karen threw a punch at my face, and Leo did the same with a furious rage, but both were pushed away with a simple tap and counter with two well-placed Invisible Bullets to knock them out.

Only the sobbing Lucy and the frightened Misa are conscious among the five.

"What did you do?" Guild Master Bob stared at me in horror, but that only lasted for a second, and sighed loudly. "Wait, don't tell me. I can think up a good idea why these five lovely flowers are so shaken upon hearing my question."

"I taught them how to dodge and survive." I said, joyfully seeing Guild Master Bob's twitchy eyebrow to show how frustrated he was with me.

"Renato." Guild Master Bob started slowly. "I ask you to train them for the Grand Magic Games. Not prepared to take on a 100-Year Job. There's a massive difference between the two. In fact, I wouldn't even permit them to take on such a dangerous task. Unlike you, they're considered normal for the most part."

I raise an eyebrow at him, then glance at Misa, who cringes upon being stared at.

"I said most part, Renato. I know her magic isn't normal; however, if we were to use you as a standard. She is normal." Guild Master Bob said dryly. "Although, she might not even be counted as normal compared to you."

"Thanks." I replied.

"Sadly, that wasn't a compliment." Guild Master Bob let out another sigh. "I guess I got my answer if the training is going well or not. By the way, those little love birds have done many jobs, so I can see why all of you got together in the first place. Many guild members are complaining about the lack of high-paying jobs once again."

"Should I tell them to slow down or something?" I asked, thinking about a few ideas to make sure none of the Sekirei become upset in not being able to do any jobs, or at least the higher paying ones, of which 90% are exterminating monsters.

"No, it's fine. I can replace the ones your little love birds had taken with newer ones." Guild Master Bob winked. "It's just the fact the others are complaining out of jealousy because they're being hit by the fact that the newcomers are stronger and faster than them, who had years under their belts as a Guild Mage."

"Right." I nod.

I wonder what everyone's reactions would be if they were to find out that the Sekirei don't use magic, other than Matsu using the Archive Card, to complete the jobs faster than they could. Not to mention, I couldn't tell most of the Mages here that the Sekriei is beyond stronger in physical feats.

"I mean, it was like you and Juvia in the past." Guild Master Bob shakes his head in disappointment. "Luckily, the many 100-Year Jobs you've completed shut those that badmouthed you right away before things could get ugly."

I shrugged my shoulders, "What can I say? I wanted to show everyone that Juvia and I can do many jobs with just the two of us or on our own."

"Speaking of Juvia, she and Miya have gone off to do an S-Class Job recently. They should be back soon if the client doesn't hold them back to reward them more than what was listed on the job." Guild Master Bob places a pillow underneath Seras' head and covers her with a blanket. He did the same to Jenny. "Mind seeing if Juvia could train the loverly flowers here? I know I've asked you before, but I didn't factor in how you train them. Hopefully, they have an easier time under Juvia's hands."

"Sure." I agreed as I wasn't that motivated in training these five much other than being asked to and a hint of curiosity about who was picked for the Grand Magic Games.

10