Temple
85 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saibus and Yennefer enter the temple of the Isus. They pass the door of the temple, which is closed behind them. Saibus walks up to the latter and examines it. He looks attentively at the outline of the door and the walls connected to it. He ends up coming back to Yennefer after ten minutes of searching.

"The door is locked, and there is no way to open it. However, I think we can open it when we have access to the heart of the temple."  Saibus tells Yennefer.

"I hope we don't run to our death."  Said Yennefer noticing the dire situation they are in.

"No, don't worry; if there is any danger, I will protect you."  Saibus retorts.

"I don't need you to protect me. I'm strong enough for that, but thanks for trying to reassure me."  Yennefer said smiling at Saibus.

"Okay, let's continue then."  Saibus starts the march in the temple halls, followed by Yennefer. The blue lights of the corridors lit up the walls of the plain walls of the temple. Finally, the assassin and the sorceress arrived in front of a vast door formed by two interlocking triangles. The gate is closed, blocking the road to Saibus and Yennefer.

"What are we doing? There doesn't seem to be a switch or anything that can activate the port,"  asks Yennefer.

Saibus watches the door intently, not responding to Yennefer, who sees him captivated with something on the door. She follows her assassin's line of sight and notices a circular hole with a recess in its center.

"In the diary, Hecate wrote that the sanctuary only opens its doors to those who have the seal of Isus. I have always wondered what this seal is. Is it a key, an artifact, a sentence I remembered before I left an object my father kept protected? A thing that he said belonged to my grandfather, Nésis, the first Auditore. "

Saibus sings a few words in the ancient language, making a small object appear between him and Yennefer. This object is a round seal that has a hole in its center. The seal is made of an old stone, so its color is that of the earth. Several inscriptions in a language that Saibus and Yennefer do not know are engraved on the seal.

"I once wondered what this object was before I forgot about it. But when I read the diary, I remembered this ancient seal. So I now think this seal is the key to  'entering the temple. "  Saibus said after taking the seal in his hand.

"I have to say that there are a lot of defenses to prevent anyone who is not an Auditore from entering the island and the temple. First, you have to have a journal. Then it takes a drop of blood from an Auditore. Then it takes a way to break the fog spell. And finally, the seal that your family has protected. So there was little chance that anyone outside of your family could get here e, especially if your family didn't know about this island. "  Yennefer says, ending with a teasing little smile.

"You're right but don't make fun of my family because I can do the same because you're a Vengerberg but don't know anything about your family history, which is very ironic. I didn't know who the first Auditore was. And his wife, but I still know my family history, unlike a particular person I love. "  Saibus retorts with a mocking smile.

Yennefer looks away and blushes a bit, according to Saibus, but Saibus doesn't know if that's not what she's embarrassed about her family or that he said he loves her around the corner. Of a conversation.

Saibus then goes to the door and places the seal on the empty slot, which fits perfectly—putting this seal on produces a creaking sound that triggers the door mechanism. The bottom triangle goes down, while the top one goes up, which opens the door. Saibus and Yennefer enter a large room lit by cold lights. There are stairs on the left that lead to another floor. In the center of the room, an enormous monolith made of white stone with blue lines resembling veins.

"This room is huge and very noble. It looks like a mixture of magic and rune with a little bit of technology."  declares Yennefer subjugated before continuing dubiously. "Do you think this monolith is the heart of the sanctuary?"

"I don't know, but we'll find out."

Saibus walks up to the monolith and puts his hand on it, trying to see if he can feel any magic from this monument. At the touch of Saibus, the monolith illuminates with white light before a golden ray descends from his head to his feet.

The ray passes through Saibus several times so that a voice resonates from the monolith.

"Scan completed, member of the Auditore family and descendant of the Isus confirmed. Launch of the Sage program."  declares a monotonous, cold voice from the monolith.

"Beep beep" High-pitched sounds emerge from the monolith before the image of a woman with white hair.

The woman looks around, then turns her gaze to Saibus.

"Hello, young man, I am Hecate Auditore, your ancestor. I guess you are here to discover your heritage," Hecate said softly with a soft voice.

"Yes, Madam."  respectfully replies Saibus.

"Good, but first of all, let's introduce ourselves. My name is Hecate. I guess you already knew that as well as my story because if you're here, it means you've read my husband and I's diary. Your name, and what's your story? "

Saibus takes a glance at Yennefer and then tells his story.

"My name is Di vine Saibus. Di Vine was my mother's name, Di Vine Elana an elf while my father was Blood Altair or Auditore."  begins Saibus.

"Was? Sorry for that."  gently declares Hecate.

"It's nothing. I have mourned my mourning. My parents were killed by members of the wild hunt, elves living in another world. My uncle brought me to the League of Assassins, including the Auditore. They are members and one of the founding members. I became an assassin after several years of training. I returned home to see Seaea, who imparted his magic and knowledge to me. Then I found your journal, and we came here. "  Saibus finished by turning his head towards Yennefer.

Yennefer walks up. "Hello, Mrs. Hecate. My name is Vengerberg Yennefer. I am a quart-elf magician. I am a childhood friend of Saibus and his wife."  Yennefer pronounces the word woman with force. Hecate raises her eyebrows, surprised at Yennefer's will, as Saibus smiles at Yennefer's comments.

"I learned magic at the Aretuza school. Then after graduating, I walked around La Temeria, Cintra, and some small provinces of the Nilfgaard empire a bit. After that, I joined Saibus in his adventures. "  Yennefer finished with a proud smile.

"Well, there's a lot you have to tell me about what's been going on in all these years."

"Wait, ma'am, before you tell us the story of this place, I would like to know how you can converse with us while you are dead."  interrupts Saibus.

Hecate is not offended by the interruption of Saibus; on the contrary, she is happy that Saibus is thinking.

"I am beautiful and very dead, but I have implanted my mind in this monolith which is the central heart of this temple, allowing me to manipulate the technology present here, which is for your light guidance years from that of this world. "

"But let me start by explaining to you what this place is. This island, Eden, is the island where my fellows landed after the Conjunction of the Spheres. Magic was blocking them on this island for some reason. We still don't know. No. They then built buildings to live there but lost the will to live and committed suicide. This sanctuary is the fruit of their labor and is divided into several zones. First, there is the central hall, the room we are in. Then the Observatory includes a large star observation room, a library, and a world map—the Elysee, which reinforces the remains of my deceased brothers and sisters.

Atlantis comes next, which is a great place to manipulate magic, thanks to its abundance. This place is also great for train or rest, thanks to its highly realistic simulation.

"Finally, deep down, the forge of Hephaestus is like its name, a forge, although particular. The forge is divided into two parts, the Vault and the forge. The Vault is a highly secure place that protects materials and materials. Blueprints created by my people allow for the forging of artifacts bearing the name Fragments of Eden. The second part, the forge, is where we made these artifacts, mainly Hephaestus, hence the forge's name. There are other sections, but they are less critical and more minor. "

Hécate finished his explanatory monologue, leaving Saibus and Yennefer captivated by the immensity of this installation.

"You have questions?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN:

I am looking for a publisher, if you are interested tell me.

0