Ch. 6 – Council meeting part 2
2.9k 1 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Daamn Fenris. That was loud...and AWESOME!" Paul says with a certain amount of admiration clearly plastered on his face, while Sam and Jared stand next to him nodding in agreement to his statement. Which looks kinda weird right now, because of the blood running from their ears.

'Thank god, only the wolves ruptured their eardrums because of their heightened senses. They'll heal within minutes.'

"Right...well thanks guys. I think. Sit down and let your ears heal. I'll prove to the others that the story is true."

Not really feeling like losing my current clothes or stripping completely naked in front of everyone, I simply take off my shirt and jacket and start a partial transformation.

Suddenly I grow an entire foot taller and slightly more muscular and hair starts growing all along my arms, my entire back and the sides of my torso. The only places that have no hair, are my packs, pecs and my face of course.

It kinda looks like I'm wearing a fur coat. My facial features are also sharper, especially my eyes, where my pupils became small vertical slits. My teeth have all sharpened as well, especially my fangs which elongated an inch (2.5cm) or so.

Everyone who did not yet know the truth, gasped in surprise, they all looked at me in awe and amazement. Even those who did know, because they had never seen a partial transformation before.

"Here you have irrefutable proof. Billy spoke the truth."

As soon as I start talking their eyes widen in surprise again at the sound of my voice. To them it somehow changed into a strange mix of a beautiful soothing voice, you could listen to for hours, that could only be called angelic and a harsh and cold voice that could only be described as demonic. At this point all they knew was.. It totally works.

"Werewolves are real, and so are vampires. You were all called here today because each and every one of you has the potential to become a werewolf, and for those who are interested I can teach you how to unleash that potential."

"Are you saying everyone here can become a werewolf regardless of the presence of vampires?" Billy asked in surprise.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. There used to be a time when everyone born with the potential to be a werewolf, actually became one. They were taught how to do this as children and they practiced for years until they were teenagers and the wolf within them awoke from its slumber.

The way to do this is through meditation. When a normal person meditates, the best they could really hope for is a sense of peace and calmness to go through their minds. But our minds are a little different.

When I just mentioned the 'inner wolf' I meant that literally. When we meditate we can enter our own mindspace, in our case this is usually a forest of some kind. Here we would then come face to face with the wolf inside us.

The moment you succeed in doing so, you have become a werewolf. But then comes the tricky part, and this could take years to accomplish. At your first meeting with your wolf, it won't like you very much. In fact it may even be hostile. But if you manage to make peace with it over time, and accept it completely as a part of yourself. You will gain full, absolute and complete control over yourself. That means no more anger outbursts or a sense of heightened aggression. In fact, you will feel a sense of peace within yourself. And then you will find out what it truly means to be a werewolf. To be free."

When I started talking about self control I noticed Sam hanging on my every word, he had recently started to notice that everytime he had even the slightest argument with his girlfriend Emily, he'd get the urge to tear her apart.

Then he started remembering about how he had to leave Leah for Emily when he imprinted on her and he started thinking.

"Hey Fenris? What about imprinting? Can that be controled as well?"

"Good question Sam, the answer is NO.

Imrinting is a privilege unique to us. And it is a privilege because everyone else in the world always has to guess whether they really belong with a person or not. To them even marriage is just a gamble really.

But for us? Not so much. We are the only creatures on the face of the earth who can be absolutely 100% certain who we are meant to be with.

Any other questions?"

"Yes, one. Can we also get a transformation like this one?" Sam asks while pointing at me.

"Yes, that's what 'absolute' control means Sam, you decide how you transform.

The only thing you can't do is turn into a 16 foot tall wolf like I showed you yesterday.

So people, the choice is yours. If you want to become a werewolf, go ahead. My purpose here tonight was to teach you how."

After that I left them so they could digest all the information I've just given them. From the looks on their faces though, I could tell most of the younger ones looked enthusiastic, while most of the older ones among them were reluctant.

Not that it really matters much to me though, because like I said earlier, my purpose here tonight was to give them the chance. Whether they take it or not is entirely up to them.

Reaching my home I go to bed because tomorrow is the first day of school and in the evening I'm expected at the Cullen residence.

That's going to be another long day.

87