Ch. 14 – Birth and Bella
2.1k 2 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I came home a few days later. That day Luna went into labor and gave birth to 4 beautiful little cubs.

I hold up the cutest little one among them, and I pretty much fell in love with all the cuteness.

"Luna, look. They're so beautiful."

...

Getting no response from her, I turn around and look at her but I quickly notice that she's not breathing anymore.

I decide quickly that I'm not just going to let this happen, I approach her neck and bite her while using the power of the Sun & Moon Devourer to devour the aspect of death from her body.

At first I didn't notice much other than the metallic taste of her blood but soon the taste changed, it's not something I can describe but it's the most unpleasant thing I've ever tasted.

After the taste just became blood again, I used my fangs to grant her a portion of my power.

I notice a lot of energy flowing through me, into Luna's body.

Minutes later she started breathing again and after an hour she woke up.

"Are they healthy?"

"Yes Luna, all 4 of them are beautiful, healthy little cubs.

But you didn't make it. You died, I had to bring you back using my power. I also made you stronger by granting you some of my power. I've never given a wolf power like this before so we'll have to wait and see what you'll be capable of.

But at the very least your strength and speed should be enhanced and you will heal faster."

"Thank you for saving my life again."

"You're welcome. I couldn't just let these cubs grow up without you."

Luna's postpartum recovery took only a few hours because of her new healing ability.

I helped her take care of the cubs for a few days and taught her how to control her abilities. I took at least a thousand pictures and videos of every adorable moment with the cubs, so I can show it to Alice later.

Before I go to Anchorage I decide to check up on Bella, I walk up to her house and introduce myself to her father.

"Hello sir, I'm Fenris. A friend of your daughter's, is she home?"

"Hello Fenris, I'm Charlie. She mentioned you a few times. Please come in.

Her mother and I have been very worried about her recent behavior, so it's good to see she still has friends. Up the stairs, first door on the left."

"Thank you sir, if you'll excuse me."

I walk up the stairs to Bella's room and knock but I get no answer. I can clearly hear her inside, doing nothing. So I open the door.

What I find is pretty much what I expected to find. Bella looking out of her window in a seemingly catatonic state.

I see her computer has her email open and I can see she's been sending emails to an address that doesn't exist anymore, belonging to Alice.

"Bella, what are you doing? This isn't healthy."

"Fenris? I thought you went with them. What are you doing here? Did you break up with Alice?"

"Of course I didnt break up with her, I imprinted on her."

"Right, but then why aren't you with her?"

"Because I have family here.

Hmm, you know what? We're going to a party on the reservation tomorrow. You've gotten an introduction to vampires, now it's time you get to know the wolf pack and the histories of our species."

"Sure, why not."

"Good,I'll pick you up tomorrow night at 7."

Not even an hour later I was in Alaska at the Denali residence where the Cullens will be staying for a while.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Looking at the vampire I recognize her as one of the Denali sisters Irina, the one who will betray the Cullens by telling the Volturi that Renesmee is an immortal child.

"It's alright Irina this is Fenris, he's with me."

Alice walks out of the house towards me and gives me a hug and a kiss.

"So, did you find them?"

"Of course I did. And Luna has given birth as well. I've got pictures of the little ones."

"Ooooh let me see."

"Haha sure, they're all in my phone, here you go."

I give her my phone and she immediately goes through the pictures.

While all this happened Irina was curiously watching our interaction. Which I couldn't help but notice.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just weird to see a vampire with a werewolf is all."

"What does that matter?"

"Well, we have been natural enemies for over two thousand years."

"I know, we were created for the purpose of wiping out the other species. But does that mean we should? Alice and I are living proof that we can live in peace.

Now, enough of this. Alice, where is Edward? I need to speak with him."

Finally looking up from my phone she says..

"He left, he said he wanted to be alone and that he would call in now and then."

'Right, forgot about that'

"Why did you want to speak to him?"

"Bella isn't doing so well, she took the breakup harder than I think he expected she would."

After spending the day with Alice and getting to know the Denali coven, the next day I went to Bella's house to pick her up at 7 pm exactly.

"Are you ready?"

"yeah, are you sure it's okay for me to crash the party?"

"Council meeting, you're crashing a council meeting. And besides me, you're the first paleface ever invited to one. A few of the younger kids have a decision to make after tonight, whether they want to become a werewolf or not, but first they need to be told the history of our species."

"If you had told me that I would have dressed nicer."

"Why? It's not some formal event. First time I came to one of these, I came in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and halfway through the t-shirt came off."

"Came off?"

"Long story, I'll tell you on the way."

We got into my car and 10 minutes later we made it to the council meeting behind Billy's house.

After the council meeting where Bella listened to all the stories of Taha Aki, the creation of me the first werewolf and how I was betrayed and the following persecution of werewolves, Bella had a lot of questions on the way back to her house.

"So you're really 2700 years old?"

"Yes, I was born in 720 BC, in Sparta."

"You were a Spartan warrior?"

"Yeah, pretty much. But I got a very different education because of my mother being a witch. She wouldn't allow me to be brainwashed into being a tool for the state. She also taught me some magic. I was especially talented in creating and enchanting items like armor, weapons and jewelry. I also participated in quite a few wars during my 200 years. I helped the Spartans rise to power."

After 10 more minutes giving Bella a history lesson we arrived at her house.

"Hey Fenris?"

"Yeah?"

"Could we hang out again sometime? Around you I don't think about Edward so much."

"Yeah sure, we just gotta find something to do together then."

"Okay, goodnight Fenris."

"Night Bella."

79