Ch. 28 – Gods, language and magic
1.9k 1 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am Fenrir, God of Animals." I immediately prove my claim by releasing my divine aura which is a beautiful Deep Sky Blue.

"Well, that explains the wolves. What about the woman?"

"She's Alice, my wife. Who are you?"

"I am Zeus."

'Isn't he supposed to be... exiled or something? What the hell is going on?'

"uhm quick question, exactly how many years ago did Ouranos descend to the lower world?"

"That's an odd question. 980 years ago."

'Crap, I should have been more specific about the time as well. I suck at interdimensional traveling.

So, five years from now the Zeus and Hera familias will attempt to slay the Black dragon and fail. Subsequently the Loki and Freya familias will kick them out of Orario.

Bell won't even be born for years, along with some other characters who haven't been born yet.'

"Fenrir, was it? You need to know that we're not very flexible when it comes to the rules down here so you're going to have to seal your Arcanum right away. You can show your divine aura to identify yourself as a god but if you use your divine powers you'll be forcibly sent to heaven, although there are exceptions like the charms of goddesses of beauty.

For now just go to the ground floor of this tower, there you'll find the guild. They'll take care of your registration and sealing your Arcanum if you can't do it yourself."

The next moment before I can even respond to Zeus, a weird buff guy with tanned skin, long black hair, wearing a red elephant mask appears before me and shakes my right hand.

"Hello Fenrir, welcome to Orario. I AM GANESHA. Don't worry about interrupting the Denatus, I forgive you."

"Uhm, thank you Ganesha, I don't recall asking for forgiveness though."

"I'll forgive you for that too. You said you're the god of animals right?"

"Right."

"Good! Can you control animals without using a divine ability?"

"Yes."

"GOOD! What about monsters?"

"As long as they're part animal, I can control them. Even mythological animals like Dragons and Pheonixes bend to my will. But where is this going?"

"OOOOH! Dragons and Pheonixes, very impressive! In a few weeks there is an anual festival called the Monster Feria, it is organized by my Familia. I want your help. Of course I'll make it worth your while. If you're interested come find me tomorrow at the I Am Ganesha." the guy then takes some weird pose and continues. "And by the way, I am Ganesha!"

"Yeah, you said that. I'll, uh, see you tomorrow then, I guess..."

I quickly grab Alice's hand and signal the wolves to follow, we walk out of the room before Ganesha tries to remind me of his name again. 'Damn, that guy must really like himself.'

"Uhm, Fenris? We have a small problem."

"Really? What's that?"

"I couldn't understand a single word that was spoken in there. Although it sounded like Japanese."

"Oh right, my bad. Sorry honey." I guickly take a ruby the size of a golfball out of the storage space and elongate one of my nails. Then I engrave a few small runes in the stone and fill it with magic and hand it to her.

"Crush it in your fist."

Alice does exactly that, and the next moment the crushed ruby liquefies and enters her mouth.

*COUGH COUGH* "What the hell was that?!"

"From now on, you can comprehend every language spoken to you and respond in it as well."

"Really? That's awesome. Quick, speak in a language I don't know."

"I already did, and I still am. This is Doric Greek."

"Cool, it sounds like English to me."

"I know, it's magic."

"So... why did you never do this before?"

"I could have, two thousand years ago, but the ambient magic in our world is not enough for this kind of magic anymore. At most I could perform petty parlor tricks there. But this world is full of magic. I can smell it, feel it and even see it. It's good to have access to real magic again. Remind me to teach you as well."

"Teach me magic?"

"Yes. You can see the future, remember. Vampires who have special abilities all have magic ancestry. You're descendant from witches and warlocks. Now that we're in a world full of magic I can teach you how to properly use it."

"Awesome! I can't wait. What are we going to do now?"

"We need to register with the guild downstairs..." after explaining all that was said in the room with the gods, and telling her most of what I know about this world, we went down to the guild.

----------

Unbeknownst to all the gods in the tower, including our MC himself, the moment he unleashed his divinity to prove his godhood, outside the tower something... peculiar happened.

All throughout Orario and even miles beyond, every single beast human turned their head towards the tower. Those inside a building, rushed outside just to try and catch a glimpse of whatever it was that made them feel so... happy. Like they just regained something precious they never knew was missing.

When Fenris suppressed his divinity again, the beast humans all snapped out of it, but at the same time they wanted that feeling back very badly.

Meanwhile Fenris went about his day in blissful ignorance to the very special personal hell he just unleashed upon himself.

----------

Back in the room with the gods, Zeus was deep in thought. "Thanatos, did you notice something strange about that woman?"

"Yes, she's somehow alive and dead at the same time. But somehow she's not completely undead either. I don't know what she is. It's very confusing."

"Exactly. Maybe someone should keep an eye on them, just to be sure. Any volunteers?"

65