Ch. 56 – A day with family and making plans
1.4k 0 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Woah, that was different. If anyone ever doubts it, I can confirm with absolute certainty that you are the god of beasts."

Alice and I are lying in bed, in each other's arms as I'm telling her everything that happened in the Monsterverse.

"So many awesome fights. I'm guessing you enjoyed every minute?" Alice says, her head resting on my chest.

"Well I wouldn't have fought them all the way I did if it felt like a chore. I usually tried to put limitations on myself, mostly using physical abilities rather than special ones."

"Of course you did, why wouldn't you? You were only facing giant, lethal monsters looking to rip you apart." Alice says sarcastically. 

"Hey, I'm here aren't I? Everything went fine."

"Right. Except for the part where you spent a quarter of a billion years in another world without me."

"Fair point. But the fights went well enough. I got every single one of my targets so far."

"So far? You're going back to the same world? I thought you were going to look for a way to get rid of your anger." Alice says, clearly worried.

"I will, eventually. But I can't just leave that world's people at the mercy of a bunch of ruthless, giant monsters.

Besides, I forgot to bring the Kongs and I made a promise to a guy to go raiding together and help him defeat his enemy. You know I keep my promises."

"I understand. Just come back to me as soon as you can." Alice says as she comes closer and kisses me.

"I will. I already have an idea on where I might be able to gain control of, or perhaps even get rid of the anger."

"Seriously? Then why aren't you going there now?"

"The anger is not so great if I want to raise a child or be a good husband to you, but it's not like I'm going to destroy a world or anything.

Usually my common sense remains in charge of my actions, not my anger."

"Alright. If you say so. This world you mentioned, what's it like?" Alice asks curiously.

"It's a rather spiritual world. Lots of spiritual people there. There's even a parallel dimension called the spirit world.

Hopefully I can find some answers there, but I chose it because even if I don't find answers, I can still gain something else there."

"What's that?"

"You know these abilities I got from the Titans? They allow me to create natural disasters there aren't even names for. Especially the ones that allow me to manipulate elements.

I can control these powers for the most part but the problem is finer control.

I can easily wipe out a continent with a wave of the hand or a snap of the fingers because that's how these abilities developed themselves within these Titans, to fight against each other, which requires that kind of power.

But if I want to wipe out one person standing in front of me, I could do it, but I'd also wipe out an entire town along with them at least.

It's like wanting to hammer a nail in drywall by using a wrecking ball. I can turn that wrecking ball into a sledgehammer but it'll still punch a big hole through the drywall."

"You want to be able to control these abilities on a smaller scale."

"Yes, exactly."

"How is that particular world going to help with that?"

"The people there have the ability to manipulate the elements in ways I find very interesting. They incorporate martial arts into it. They're called benders. Earth, water, fire and air benders.

So even if I can't learn how to control or get rid of my anger, I'm sure I'll learn a great deal there."

"Sounds pretty cool. If you do manage to control your anger perhaps we can go there together." Alice says while drawing circles on my chest with her finger.

"You want to bend the elements, huh?"

"I've always wanted to. Closest I ever got was when you gave me the ability to control blood. That's why I got so excited in the dungeon."

"Alright then, if I manage to control the anger I'll take you with me. But if I don't, I'll teach you how to bend the elements myself once I'm back."

"Great!" Alice says as she gets up and starts walking to the bathroom. "I'll go make some breakfast after washing up."

'Oh shit. Can't have Lagertha die of food poisoning.' I think to myself as I stop watching Alice and begin dressing myself.

"Let's make it together." I suggest.

"Hmm... Okay."

'Phew, crisis averted.'

I walk out of our bedroom while Alice is washing up. I go to check on Lagertha but find her bedroom empty.

I listen and find her heartbeat downstairs. I walk towards her down the stairs and surprisingly I find her dressed in her little armor, hiding under the windowsill, sneakily glancing outside.

I sneak up on her quietly and look outside for myself where I can only see Duke, Beowulf, Athena, Twilight and Luna all sleeping, bundled up together in their wolf forms.

"Watcha lookin at?"

"AAAH! You scared me!" realizing she was being loud, she puts her hand in front of her mouth and gets down. "Fenrir, there's a pack of wolves outside. Can you kill them like you did the pack that was hunting me?"

"Kill them? I didn't kill them. They were just hungry so I sent them to a different part of the forest I knew was better suited for hunting." I say as I crouch down next to her. "But you know what, these wolves do look very dangerous.

Here, take this." I say as I give her a baseball bat. "Let's see how well your training has progressed."

"What is this?" Lagertha asks as she's examining the bat.

"It's a powerful weapon called a bat. Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to sneak up on that wolf and beat him up. specifically that black one. Leave the other four alone." I say, pointing at Duke.

"Right, go after the strongest. Smart."

"Sure, that's why." I say, barely holding my laughter.

Without hesitation, Lagertha starts sneaking outside and carefully approaches Duke.

She looks back toward me and I give her a thumbs-up.

'Oh man, I gotta film this.'

"Haha! That was hilarious!" I say as I'm showing Alice the video of Lagertha hammering Duke again and again.

Duke begged her to stop but hearing a wolf talk, she thought he was some kind of monster and started swinging even harder.

"No it wasn't funny! It hurt." Duke whines as he rubs a big bump on his head.

"So, when are you leaving?" Alice asks as we're all eating.

"I was thinking tonight. That way we can spend the day together."

After spending a relaxing day with Alice, the wolves and Lagertha along with the animals I brought over from the Monsterverse, I'm just about to walk back through the portal when Lagertha latches her arms and legs around my leg.

"Don't go without me. Is it because of what happened in the boat? I won't do it again."

"Lagertha, you did nothing wrong. This place is safer for you and I'll be back before you even notice I'm gone." I say as I pry her off my leg.

Alice takes her and kisses me.

"Be safe and come back soon."

"I will."

After walking through the portal I appear back in the longhouse seconds after I left.

I walk outside and order my beast men to help prepare the village for winter.

During the winter I would train my men and prepare them for the summer raids. Every now and then, the men in the village would join us.

We never turned anyone away. If they wanted to learn, I'd be happy to teach.

I also taught the farmers better methods and gave them better equipment.

A few days after the spring equinox we set sail with four ships including my own, totalling about ninety men and women.

"Let's go A-Viking!"

50