Ch. 78 – Making the weapon and time to go
1.3k 5 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, Fenrir. Tell us more about this world you're going to. I'm really curious why you plan on waging a one man war against an endless demon horde." Hephaestus says as we're taking a short break from our work.

"What can I say about it? It's pretty straightforward. Demons invade earth and kill almost 60% of the human population in the first month. I plan on intervening.

Now let's get back to work."

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Hecate says as Hephaestus and I get to working. I'm supplying an incredible amount of energy, equal to almost five Neutron stars into a liquid metal ball the size of a head. "You two know this is insane, right?"

"Yes we do." Hephaestus says. "Now shut up and help."

As I focus entirely on keeping the energy stable, Hephaestus is using her divine power to give it form, while Hecate uses her divine magic to give my new weapon its functions.

Hephaestus continuously points the palm of her left hand towards the ball as a stream of magic, combined with her divinity flows from the palm of her hand into the ball.

The ball slowly starts to shine a bright golden light.

"Wait for it... Wait for it..." Hephaestus repeats as the ball starts to shrink and expand while it keeps shining.

Suddenly the ball stops expanding back to its original size and remains compressed. "NOW!"

Hephaestus raises Mjolnir, which she managed to borrow from Thor, and she slams it down on the ball as her own fire and Thor's lightning crackle around it.

*KABOOM!!*

A large explosion sends both Hephaestus and Hecate flying through the room as the hammer makes impact.

As I'm barely fazed, I look attentively at the result of over 400 days of brainstorming, experimenting and just non-stop working.

"Damn! That hurt. Did it work?" Hecate asks as she's getting to her feet.

"Yes. It's perfect." I say as that same ball of metallic liquid floats in front of me.

"REALLY?! Then what are you waiting for?" Hephaestus says excitedly as she stands up and runs towards me, eager to see what happens next.

I stick my right hand into the liquid as it immediately reacts and starts to envelop my fist and half my lower arm.

I then focus on the metal and it immediately responds to what I want as it hardens and becomes a gauntlet.

"HAHA! Yes! It works!" Hephaestus yells excitedly.

"Now hold on. Let's not celebrate too early here. Fenrir?" Hecate says.

"You're right." I say as I focus on my weapon again. It immediately turns into liquid again as it starts crawling across my entire body, even my face, before it hardens again, forming a skin-tight armor.

"Oh, damn. That's not right." Hephaestus says, worried about the helmet covering my face as it has no openings whatsoever.

"No, it's fine. I can actually smell, hear and see perfectly in here." I say before the helmet liquefies and retracts.

"Okay, try a weapon." Hecate says.

I focus again as the metal around my right hand liquefies and expands into the form of a spear. As the spear hardens, the liquid detaches from it and settles back around my hand.

I throw the spear into the wall and as I hold out my hand, it comes flying back. In mid-air, it liquefies and becomes part of the armor again.

"Alright. Now let's try durability. Hephaestus, swing Mjolnir at me. Give it all you've got." I say as I hold me arms to the sides, leaving my abdomen wide open.

"Alright." Hephaestus lifts the hammer and without any hesitation she slams it into my stomach.

*BOOM!*

The resulting blast launches Hephaestus to the ground again, while I barely felt anything.

"Ahaha! Hahaha!" Hecate laughs as she watches Hephaestus implanted into the wall, upside-down.

"Hah, that was fun." Hecate says before turning back to me. "One last test. Let's see if it can do it."

As Hephaestus gets back on her feet, Hecate hands me a golden colored clump of Aegis.

I reach out towards it and the armor liquefies entirely, leaving my body. It envelops the Aegis and a few seconds later it comes back to me and forms the armor again.

I focus and immediately the armor takes on the properties of the Aegis metal.

"It works!" Hephaestus yells out happily.

"What will you call it?" Hecate asks.

"That depends." I answer cryptically

"On what?"

"I added a few functions myself. I want to see if one in particular works."

I channel the power of creation through the armor as the small creases shine a white light. I hold out my palm as a small clump of Aegis appears, followed by two more.

"I'll call it Genesis." I say as a white and silver cape forms on my back, while the armor itself turns black. "Now, Hecate, we have one last thing to work on before I leave.

My plans for this world full of demons have changed. I realized that this world provides me with an opportunity to do what you once suggested.

I can create my own army there. I want you and I to figure out how to detach my domain in heaven from heaven and either attach it to my infinite storage space or put it inside."

-----

After two more weeks of working inside Hecate's time barrier, we finally finished every preparation I needed. Now I'm standing outside our mansion only a few days after the emergency Denatus as I'm ready to leave.

"Good luck. Stay as safe as you can please. I love you." Alice says as she's embracing me.

"I love you too. Don't worry. I'll come back to you."

Alice lets me go and I start channeling aura into my claws. I raise my hand and slash it downwards, creating a tear in space-time that turns into a circular portal as it stabilizes.

I step through but this time instead of being sucked towards a distant star, representing the world I'm going to, I'm standing in front of a group of about a dozen stars all arranged in a solar system, revolving around one larger star.

"Hello kid." I turn around and see Rob standing behind me. "We should talk before you go there." He says pointing at the multiverse I'm entering.

"Hi Rob. Are you ever going to stop calling me kid?"

"Hmmm, no. I don't think so.

This world is not as simple as the games you played made it seem.

The two creators of this world both know about me, as do some of their subordinates. If you want to accomplish these goals you have, you need to adjust your plans slightly. You can not fight alongside 'him'.

Go to Mars, before he meets the Seraphim face to face and force the Seraphim to work for you.

Use this." Rob says as he hands me a coin. "So long as you carry that, you have my full authority. You are my proxy. You can tell them I sent you. It won't stop them from going after you but it'll make them think twice."

"Thank you. Is there anything else I should know?"

"Yes. They're far more powerful than the games made them seem."

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you." I say as I leave towards one of the stars.

As I walk, I hear Rob's voice echo in my mind. "It is you they shall fear. Not man or his armies. They will fear the God of Beasts. You are my right hand, their dark messiah, the vengeful one. In the blackest moment of this dying world, against all the evil that hell can conjure, all the wickedness mankind can produce, I send unto them... only you.

Rip and tear untill it is done."

62