Ch. 99 – Resurrection and the origins of the dungeon
990 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi everyone, I hope this chapter helps clear up any confusion people had in the last chapter.

Also, people seem to be unaware, but Webnovel now automatically deletes any comments that uses cuss words, like f* ck and b* tch etcetera.

Hope you have and will continue to enjoy my work.

-----

Seeing the carnage and all the corpses around me, I close my eyes, take a deep breath and push the anger to the furthest reaches in the back of my mind.

My enhancement immediately ceases to work as the blue fiery energy that engulfed my body fades away.

Having regained full, absolute control over every aspect of my being, I take another look around and notice Hephaestus, Hecate, Ganesha, Njord and Miach lying side by side on the other side of the arena.

I get to them practically instantly as I'm still in my Demonic transformation.

*Cough*

Ganesha coughs up a mouthful of blood as his body and face are covered in lacerations. I use my healing abilities to close the wounds and then heal his internal injuries.

As he's slowly regaining consciousness, I then move on to Miach as he can help me save the others as a god of medicine and healing.

Miach, however, is not injured, he's dead. So I put my palms on his chest as I forcefully manipulate my divinity for death to achieve the opposite effect as I aid it by also using the highest level resurrection spells in unison.

"Haaah" Miach's eyes suddenly pop open as he gasps for air and starts breathing heavily. He looks at me in fear for a few seconds until he recognizes me. "Fenrir? What happened? We were... they killed us." Suddenly Miach comes to a realization as he looks around and notices the others lying dead beside him. "No no no, this isn't happening." Miach says as he crawls over to Hecate's side and assesses her wounds. "How did you bring me back?"

"I just did, does it matter?" I say as I get down in between Hecate and Hephaestus as I place one palm on their chest and do the same I did with Miach.

As they're both slowly waking up, I hear the flutter of bat wings quickly approaching.

Alice flies into the Arena in a swarm of bats that transforms into Alice as she lands in front of me. She immediately wraps her arms around me.

"I'm glad you're alright." Alice whispers as she presses her head to my chest.

She lets go and takes a quick look at my demon form. "Not that it's not cool and all, but do you mind?"

"Alright." I respond, before I revert back to my normal form, except the horns. I hold out my arm and Genesis flies into my hand as it reshapes and starts to crawl across my body, forming a set of white robes lined with gold.

"Horns? I thought you told me they were a liability in combat?" Alice asks confused as she stares at them.

"They are.." I respond as I resurrect Njord. "But these horns serve a purpose. They're not solid horns, they're filled with extra brain matter, which sole purpose is to enhance my mental abilities, like Telekinesis, Telepathy etcetera."

Hecate and Hephaestus both regain their consciousness as Hephaestus immediately starts looking around until she sees Hestia lying on the floor in a large pool of blood. She crawls over to her with much effort as she hasn't regained her strength yet. "Hestia? Come on, wake up!"

Looking around at all the corpses, I realize that there must be many among them just like Hestia. Innocent, but roped in by Ouranos with half truths or blatant lies.

I spread my aura to cover all of them as I identify them all and take a quick look at their recent memories.

I then begin resurrecting the ones who had no ill will towards me but were just doing what they thought was right, while I leave the ones who needed no excuse to come kill someone and the ones who were just straight up evil to remain dead.

My normally blue aura takes on a golden glow as 28 out of the 48 Gods are being resurrected while I also return their divinities to them.

After a few minutes they all start to wake up and I retract my aura. I then approach one of the Gods who was doing what he believed right. In his memories I saw one of the reasons for Ouranos' attack.

The god opens his eyes and as he sees me, he crawls back in fear.

"Wait, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you again. I need to talk to you about the dungeon."

The God looks at the others slowly waking around us and then looks at Hecate who walked up beside me. "Tell him what he wants to know, Olorun. He possesses the divine authority over divinity itself. He's the new God of the Heavens. If he is to lead us, he must know everything." Hecate says

"What about the dungeon?" The God replies hesitantly.

"Is it really the physical manifestation of a Titaness?"

"Yes, it was before my time, when the Titans ruled both heaven and the world below. They were led by an immensely powerful Titaness." Olorun starts explaining. "She had some sort of relationship with Ouranos until the Gods came to be. She saw them as a threat, he saw in them a hope for a better future.

They fought until Ouranos defeated her and imprisoned her as deep as he could, exactly halfway between the surface and the core of the planet.

Even though she has always remained unconscious to this day, her subconscious hatred manifested the dungeon and aims to destroy everything the gods hold dear.

She is trapped in the lowest level of the dungeon. But you using your divinities openly and to such an extent has started to awaken her. It won't be long before she's fully awake and rises to the surface to take her vengeance. Especially now that Ouranos is gone."

"Who is she?" I ask.

"Her name is Gaea."

47