Ch. 113 – Plans and a fleet
971 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alice and I are lying in bed as I'm watching her sleep with her head resting on my chest. I focus on her breathing and her heartbeat.

I keep watching for about half an hour, feeling like I could stay like this forever, until a little drool escapes her mouth.

'Aaand that's enough for today.' I think to myself before I gently rest her head on her own pillow and get out of bed.

I raise my left wrist in front of my face and look at Genesis in the form of a bracelet.

"Blue suit." Is all I have to say, before the bracelet melts and cool liquid metal starts covering my whole body before it turns into a blue suit with a white vest.

"Thank you Genny." I say before I make my way to our dining room to prepare breakfast for the family.

"Good morning, sir. Can I make you some breakfast?" A beautiful Elvish woman, standing two meters tall says as she sees me walking into the dining room.

"Good morning Winky. No thanks, today is a special day. It's our last day in this world. I want to surprise everyone by making everyone's favorites."

"Very well sir, if you won't be needing Winky today, perhaps you could send Winky ahead to your realm so Winky can get settled into the palace?"

"Of course Winky." I say before I drag a single claw through the air, creating a portal.

Once Winky steps through and the portal closes, I snap my fingers, conjuring a table full of food.

There's hummus with pita bread, eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, croissants and much, much more.

Using telekinesis, I open the doors and using a little aerokinesis, I spread the scent of the food towards the family.

"3, 2, 1." Just as I'm done counting down, I hear the first person scrambling to get out of bed and get dressed as fast as possible.

About two minutes later, Duke, Beowulf and Falgar rush into the room.

"Morning dad." Falgar says as he sits down.

""Morning Fenrir."" Beowulf and Duke say simultaneously.

"Morning boys." I respond, before I send a small zap of lightning to Duke's hand as he grabs for a croissant.

"Ow! Damn, was that necessary?" Duke asks.

"Wait for the others... and yes, it was."

After about half an hour the whole family was sitting at the table, eating breakfast.

"Sho, dad, whea ae we goih?" Anakitty asks with a mouth full of chicken and waffles.

"Ugh, don't talk with your mouth full, you disgusting little.." Falgar starts before Anakitty glares at him, saying 'Finish that sentence, I dare you.'

"..Never mind. You do you." Falgar says as he continues eating quietly.

"I'm taking you to a paradise. Your mom and I decided we'll all be staying there for a few years, before you guys are going to my realm while she and I continue our travels together."

"Paradise? What kind?" Iris asks

"The idyllic kind." I respond, earning me some blank stares, so I continue. " It's a beautiful planet. Ninety percent ocean. One large continent, surrounded by smaller islands.

Its people are peaceful by nature. They are highly empathetic and incredibly intelligent.

Their technology is pre bronze age in comparison to humanity, only because they don't need anything, not because they are incompetent.

They live in perfect harmony with their world."

"Okay, so what's your interest?" Luna asks.

"Like I said, these people are highly intelligent. Humans destroy their home world and the survivors are forced to adapt and learn about the galaxy around them.

Within three decades they learn thousands of languages, sciences and surpass humanity in technological advancements." I explain, as everyone's eyes widen in surprise.

"Yet instead of using it for vengeance, they choose to use it to recreate their home world on the outer edge of the Milky Way, out of humanity's reach."

"Whoa. That is impressive." Lagertha says. "So what do you have planned for them? Are you going to recruit them for your plans in that super dangerous Multiverse you want to settle down in?"

"No, I just want to observe them and learn more about their species while we kick it on some of the most beautiful beaches in existence.

You all get to relax and unwind, while I get to do something I wanna do. I also want to go off planet sometime to see what else is out there in that universe, maybe see what the United Human Federation has to offer."

"Well, they're humans, so probably not much." Iris says matter of factly as she devours her omelettes.

"Jesus Iris. You may have a point, but damn, you realize I was human right?" Lagertha says.

"Right, you were. Tell me honestly, would you ever want to go back to that? Or do you like being a werewolf?" Iris asks, putting down her fork, looking Lagertha in her eyes.

"That's besides the point. I understand your dislike for humans. Trust me, I get it. But they're not all bad. Most of 'em just wanna get through their day.

They're all born innocent.

It's the world around them that fucks them up.

It twists them, chews them up and spits them out.

They start out as these cute little things filled with wonder, curiosity, fascination and imagination and the more they learn about what they percieve to be reality, the society they live in and the world around them, the more their hearts are corrupted by a little piece of darkness.

And whenever they see a person who doesn't have that darkness, or simply doesn't let it keep them from living their best life, they all gang up on them and make sure to put a little darkness in there."

"Wow, you really take after dad. Adores the little ones, despises the adults. And you're not even related by blood. Well, not to brush past the red flags you both just raised, but mind if I change the subject?" Falgar says, before he turns to me. "Dad, what the hell have you been doing in that workshop of yours?"

"Yeah, that light that shines from that room when you enter and exit has been getting brighter over the last few weeks." Anakitty says.

"Kinda looks like you've made a blue sun in there at this point." Lagertha adds.

"Well, I am pretty much finished, and it's no longer dangerous. You guys wanna see?" I ask, getting some excited looks from the boys and Iris and curious ones from the others.

A few minutes later, after finishing breakfast, I'm leading everyone into my 'workshop'.

As they walk through the door, the first thing they notice is how futuristic and high-tech everything looks.

We're in an incredibly large, dome shaped room more than five kilometers in diameter.

There are robots going about, working very fast and efficiently as they're apparently building an enormous ship.

"A ship? You've been building a spaceship? That's been so dangerous we couldn't set foot in here for the last seven years?" Alice asks.

"Oh, no. We've only started building a few days ago. The last seven years have been mostly research and development." I explain.

"We? Who's we?" Falgar asks.

"Me and him." I say, pointing to a man sitting on a throne.

"Flynn?" Alice asks, recognizing the man as the Doom Slayer.

"No, that's Davoth. He's also a friend, and a god of creation."

"Wait, is he the guy who made hell in that world?" Alice asks, recognizing the name Davoth from the tales of my travels through the Doom world.

"Hey, don't forget I also made heaven." Davoth says as he rises from the throne and all the robots immediately shut down, since they were being controlled by Davoth through the throne like a hive-mind.

"Your 'heaven' was promptly taken over by a race of evil sentient robots, so I don't think you're winning any points with that." I say jokingly.

"Haha, yeah, fair enough." Davoth says as he approaches us. "You must be the family. I've heard a lot about you all. It's a pleasure to meet you."

After everyone's introduced themselves, we all refocus our attention on the ship.

"She's a beauty, isn't she?" Davoth asks. "From the bridge in the front to the cargo bay in the back, it's exactly a kilometer. Wingspan is also a kilometer."

"How fast is it?" Falgar asks excitedly.

"As fast as you want it to be." I answer. "It propels itself by manipulating gravity around it. Within seconds, you can travel from one end of the Milky Way Galaxy, to the other."

"You could also make it instantaneous with teleportation of course." Davoth adds. "A single one of these ships can annihilate an entire planetary system in an instant."

"Jesus Christ. Wait a second. Ships, as in plural?" Lagertha asks.

"Yes." I say before I snap my fingers and the solid metal shielding surrounding us folds away, revealing an enormous space station with hundreds of ships identical to the one still being built. "A fleet of 1200 ships."

"Why do you need so many ships?" Alice asks me as she looks at the fleet outside.

"I didn't build them because I need them, I built them in case I might one day possibly need them." I explain.

"Need them for what?" Alice asks.

"Your protection." I say, matter of factly. "When I came to this world, it was to cleanse my soul of corruption, remember?"

Alice nods in confirmation, telling me to continue.

"Well, before I came here I could destroy a single Galaxy. But now, it's like this incredible weight's been lifted off my shoulders and I actually feel limitless. Like I could reach out and destroy anything within this universe.

I'm pretty sure I can now go toe to toe with some Multiversal Entities. So, if one of them comes for me, you will all be safe inside these ships, while I fight outside.

They're extremely resistant, almost immune in fact, to reality warping, chaos magic, divine magic and even the pure power of destruction.

You can fly these into a black hole and you'll be perfectly fine."

"So then what was that blue light we kept seeing?" Falgar asks.

"Oh, right. Carry on Davoth." I say as Davoth sits back on the throne and starts controlling the robot army again. I then snap my fingers again, and we immediately appear inside a different room.

In the middle of the room is an altar and on top of it lies a book, opened as blue light escapes its pages, practically oozing pure magic.

"It's called the Magic Book of Magic by Fenrir. Anyone who reads it can learn anything there is to know about magic as long as they can comprehend it.

I made it for you all, to continue your magical training."

""More training?!"" The kids all yell in fear.

"Ahh, but first, VACATION!" I say as I swipe my hand through the air, creating a portal.

As we leave the world of Harry Potter, the office and attached compound I had made disappear and revert back to a broom closet.

45