Ch. 119 – Fenris vs. Darkseid
989 0 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we step through, into the DC Multiverse, I hadn't yet specified a time or location. We step out into a large, bright hall of pristinely white marble floors and walls, and golden pillars.

"What is this?" Alice asks, looking at some sort of holographical image of a sphere with many spheres within it. A gathering of many smaller ones in the middle and bigger ones surrounding them.

"It's a representation of the DC Multiverse. That's the Orrery of Worlds in the center. Those are all the regular universes in the Multiverse. It's surrounded by a wall and beyond that is the Sphere of the Gods that contains the realms of the godlike beings in the Multiverse.

Beyond that, surrounding it all is the Source Wall," I explain, leaving out a few of the finer details that would take a while to explain, "It is the source of the creation of everything in this Multiverse. And I'm pretty sure that's where we are right now."

I approach the Multiverse in front of me and with handsignals I enlarge the image and focus on the Orrery of Worlds. Within it, I see an incredible number of spheres. Way more than 52.

I find the DCEU quite easily and look at some of the spheres around it. I quickly find one version where most of the heroes and other 'good guys' have the strength and abilities of their movie and tv-show versions, but somehow most of the villains and other 'bad guys' have the strength and abilities of their comic book counterparts.

"Ooh, that one's pretty interesting." I say out loud. I focus on it and open a new portal, to a random place, at a random point in time within the universe I've chosen.

-----

Amazons, Atlanteans, humans and even Gods all stand united against the invading forces of Apokolips, led by Darkseid. An armada of spaceships hovering over the Earth.

The largest ship descends first, followed by the others. Hovering a hundred meters above the ground, the ramp opens up, revealing Darkseid himself standing with a spear in hand.

He steps forward and jumps down to the ground. As he lands, he puts his hand on the soil and quickly comes to a realization. "It is here. The Anti-Life Equation... I have found it."

He raises the spear above his head and slams it down on the ground, causing a large shockwave to spread around, rustling up dust.

As the dust settles, a large image is revealed, carved into the ground with lava. The Anti-Life Equation itself.

The warriors, gathered against Darkseid and his army, all take a step back in caution as Darkseid calls down three of his ships.

From the ship directly behind him, three Apokoliptian priests emerge, carrying the three Mother Boxes.

As they gather behind Darkseid and attempt to begin The Unity, his Parademons descend from the other ships, all gathering around their master and the priests.

Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, is about to give her warriors the signal to attack, when suddenly, out of nowhere, a portal appears right between the two armies, causing confusion on both sides.

-----

As Alice and I walk through the portal we're immediately met with two armies. On our left a combination of different cultures of Earth and on our right an army of strange creatures from far away, that I recognize as Darkseid's forces.

"A war right out the gate? Are you kidding me?" Alice says, slapping me on the shoulder.

"I just picked a random place at a random time."

"Fine, whatever. Who do you wanna fight? Them?" Alice asks, pointing to the Gods of Olympus on Earth's side.

I recognize Zeus, Ares, Athena, Artemis and Apollo. A different line-up from what I remember.

"Nah, not today." I say as we both turn towards Darkseid's army. The moment I lock eyes with the God of evil himself, the first thing I notice is his power. It feels... almost overbearing.

"AMAZONS!" Hippolyta yells as she rides her horse towards us, spurring the rest of Earth's champions to action as well.

Immediately, the Parademons start charging as well, while Darkseid doesn't move an inch as he keeps staring at me.

"Remember those swords I made for you?" I ask before I summon seven blood red swords in front of us, hovering in the air. "Pick two, fill each with one hundred souls simply by killing them. Then combine both swords into one and its capacity will increase to ten thousand."

Alice picks two of the swords and swings them around to get a feel for their weight.

"I'll take the big guy in the middle, you fight everything else." I say before I start walking in Darkseid's direction.

A few flying Parademons try to attack me, only to be swatted to a bloody paste like flies in an instant.

Almost halfway to Darkseid, I jump towards him, fist raised. As I'm about to land fist first on his face, a large figure drops from the sky and raises an axe like a shield in front of me.

As my fist meets the axe, it shatters to pieces, greatly surprising its wielder as he's pushed back on the ground.

Taking a good look, I notice it's Steppenwolf lying next to Darkseid who looks down on him in disgust. "Pathetic." Is all he says before he thrusts his spear into the ground and readies himself to fight me.

We both raise our fists, step forward and punch each other. An enormous shockwave launches everyone around us in all directions, clearing a large opening right in the middle of the battlefield.

We're both forced to take a step back as I immediately recover and step forward again, I punch him in the stomach and this time, launch him back and on the ground.

As I approach Darkseid, lying on the ground, I notice someone jumping at me from behind. I turn around, duck down and grab them by the ankle before I slam them into the ground with so much force, it causes an earthquake.

As the dust settles, I see a bloodied figure of a large, hairy man, dressed like a gladiator. 'Isn't that Kalibak, Darkseid's son?' I think to myself before I notice Darkseid getting up.

Ignoring Kalibak, I approach Darkseid again, walking towards him with my arms folded behind my back.

Down on one knee, he notices the lifeless figure of his son next to me as an even deeper frown forms on his face. "Who are you?" He asks as he stands up.

Keeping my arms behind my back, I float a few meters into the air as I gather a large amount of energy behind my eyes as they light up bright blue. "Fenrir, God of Beasts and Monsters." I say before launching Godzilla's nuclear breath through my eyes in highly concentrated beams.

The nuclear blast impacts Darkseid's chest with enough force to launch him through the ground, burying him over a hundred meters deep below the ground.

With Darkseid burried, I look around and watch the fighting. Zeus and Ares are fighting hordes of Parademons as they work their way towards the Mother Boxes.

Alice is fighting alongside the Amazons, Athena and Artemis as she keeps cutting down Parademons like she's possessed while the two goddesses and the Amazons back her up.

They cut through the Parademons faster than the others.

I then notice a Green Lantern fighting Steppenwolf. He slams the Lantern into the ground and raises his broken axe as he's about to stab him through the chest.

I quickly fire off another nuclear blast from my eyes. Without charging it properly, it is only capable of knocking him down on the ground but I quickly fly towards him at an insane speed.

I put my foot on his lower back and grab him by his horns as I start to pull, tearing his head off, with half his spine dangling beneath it, ripped from his back.

Suddenly the ground starts trembling more and more until a bright red beam of light rises from the ground as it bursts open, launching a few Amazons across the battlefield.

Darkseid hovers a dozen meters above the hole, looking disheveled. His helmet is cracked and the armor covering his chest is melted into his skin. His eyes now shine an ominous red glow as he looks much angrier than before.

He looks around the battlefield for a second before he finds me, still holding his uncle's severed head.

I hold up Steppenwolf's head and crush it to pieces before I ready myself for round two against Darkseid.

Darkseid's eyes start to glow brighter red while I charge my body with Mothra's light and combine it with the nuclear energy, turning it into the more volatile and way more powerful thermonuclear energy from Godzilla's burning mode.

The veins on my face and the lines along my armor start glowing bright orange as smoke rises from my whole body and everything within ten meters around me starts melting.

Darkseid fires his Omega Beams towards me as they meet with my Thermonuclear Beams halfway between us.

As we both increase the intensity of our attacks, a large sphere of energy forms between us until it suddenly releases in a large explosion.

The Green Lantern creates a large dome construct to try and contain the blast, protecting everyone on the battlefield.

As cracks form along the construct, he has to focus on maintaining it. All the Parademons around him immediately use the distraction to attack him.

Two dozen Parademons grab onto him and start pulling in all directions and just as the dome construct cracks open and a residual shockwave washes over the battlefield launching everyone to the ground, Yalan Gur, the Green Lantern, is torn to pieces.

As the green glow fades from his body, the ring on his right middle finger starts to glow and floats up in the air.

It immediately floats straight towards me as it hovers in front of me. I grab the ring and put it on my right middle finger.

"In brightest day..."

35