Chapter 6: The Soul Remembers
587 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A moment earlier when after 'Douma' sent Shin flying.

"Tsk" 'Douma' was annoyed, looking into the distance.

He was looking at 'something' for a long time with a thoughtful expression.

'How much time have left?' He asked.

'I can only hope that he would learn more and accept–…'

He was brought out of his thought when he saw a blue dome created from where Shin was buried. 

"Keh~" He grinned. 

'It might not actually take that long ~'

He prepared his sword.

Then…

*Shing* a high-pitched sound was heard as Shin teleported in front of him replacing the pebble near his front. 

Shin delivers a punch through his face which 'Douma' counter-attacked with a swing:

"Getsuga Tenshou" (Moon-Fang Piercer of the Heavens) in a calm tone.

Shin saw it coming, arm half extended, palm facing down "Room" and did a hand sign "Shumbles" avoiding the power wave Douma released.

*Shing* Shin teleported to the top of a building about one kilometer away from 'Douma'. 

"This doesn't feel right." He said feeling odd. Something was missing.

He focus his attention and imagined a sword in his hand.

A blinding light was generated as a plain straight sword with a cross motif on the tsuka and sported with a cloud-like handle guard.

"KEKEKEKE" He laugh.

'Was this the power I wished from before' He thought as he remembered what the man with a crown on his head said before he fell unconscious?

One of the powers he wished was OP-OP fruit and some of Ichigo's.

'?' Now that he remembers it, did he reincarnate into this world? Because if that was true then…

'It's too lonely.'

There was only him and a man who for some reason he hate very much even though he knew that he was just a fictional character.

'I don't like—'

*Shing* 'Douma' appeared and Shin met a sword on his face but quickly guarded as a ting was heard, putting his sword horizontally holding over the head, hand on the edgeless side of the sword. 

In a sword lock, 'Douma' spoke, amused. "Your grinning ~" 

"I don't know. It's strange." Shin replied.

.

.

.

"Keh ~" 'Douma' released the hold landing a rapid spinning kick which sent Shin away once again.

"Ugh. Room" Thrown away, Shin evokes his power.

"Shambles" 

And slashed his sword, appearing at 'Douma's' back.

*Ting* 

'Douma' blocked by placing his sword on the back. 

Shin appeared on the side which produced another loud metals colliding as swords kept clashing. 

.

.

.

Hack, slash, slice Shin kept on appearing all over the place switching pebbles after pebbles while,

'Douma blocked, parried, and countered a sword strike following Shin's rhythm.

It happened for a while and then Shin broke out of the series of strikes.

.

.

.

He composed himself.

Then started a conversation…

"Listen to this… I extremely abhor you to the core."

.

.

.

"I was confused why at first. But when I found out the reason I can't help but laugh at it."

"It was silly because you were just a fictional character 'there'." 

"But it seems you're real."

"Now can I have revenge and let me kill you myself one time? No, five times? Or Make it a hundred?" Shin spoke cupping his chin in a dilemma.

"KEKEKEKEKEKE" He laughed loudly, holding his stomach and his shoulders were heaving up and down.

"Fuck that. I'll kill you forever!"

"Kekekekekeke" Shin laughed.

And so was Douma,

"Kekekekekeke"

"How are you gonna do that?" 'Douma' asked in a mocking tone closing an eye and tilting his head.

"Keh ~" Shin smiled wryly. 

He might know a way. He believed he felt something earlier. When he was clashing with 'Douma', he felt odd and limited. That he can do something more. 

Shin looked at his sword. He felt that it could still be enhanced.

"!"

And his eyes widened in realization.

"KEKEKEKEKE" 

"What was it again?"

"... 'Laugh in the face of danger' you say?" 

"That's…"

"Cringe…"

.

.

.

"…" There was a long pause. 

.

.

.

""Kekekekekekeke"" Until two people's laugh was heard.

"Right? Kekekekeke" 'Douma' affirmed.

"Kekekeke I know. But it sounds cool though." Shin said.

"So let me in on that." He continued.

He was saying he wanted to act cool too.

Even if it felt like he was playing an 8th-grade syndrome, he wanted to try it. He felt anger, hate, and despise towards the man but he was for some reason enjoying it. 

Thinking about how he would butcher this guy in this world that was so empty; no people, no animals, no other beings. Just he and 'him', Shin imagined how fun it was to listen to 'Douma's despairing noises when he delivers torture.

He liked that. 

Now currently, Shin looking at the sword thought it was plain and weak but he felt there was more to it. And he remembered he wished for a 'Zanpakuto'. 

More precisely the wish was something 'similar to Ichigo's power. He did thought 'various' things about that. It was his one of his desires.

So he realized, the sword was weak. After all, the sword wasn't in Shikai form yet.

.

.

.

Shin extended his arm pointing the sword at 'Douma' 

"!" 'Douma' knew what was going to happen so he too pointed the sword at Shin.

Shin 'just' knew how to release it.

""Get crazy, Joker."" They spoke in a  hush tone.

Shin didn't know where he learned the chant. He said that instinctively.

*Kekekekeke* A creepy laugh was heard as the sword in Shin's hand transformed into a black blade with a cross-like handle and a dark chain was hanging on its base.

.

.

.

They both dashed towards each other and collided with the sword creating a loud *Ting* and *Ting* as the swords kept on clashing. 

They fought and fought, sword clashing, sparks from metals colliding was seen all over the place.

.

.

.

Shin didn't know how much time has passed. He just continued to fight with the determination to kill as he was laughing enjoying the process. 

He learned some movement skills. 

He found out how to use his power more efficiently. 

For some reason, the dude was mirroring him.

'Douma' could do what Shin could do but his was superior. 

Yet, Shin didn't envy. He fought, absorb, and learned.

He was getting better but he didn't know that. He was so focused on the task at hand. 

Shin fought nonstop. He didn't feel exhausted.

[Timeskip]

In an inverted world, with a wind that was strangely animated blowing in random directions, structures of buildings that were devastated and wrecked pebbles all over the place; two people were present. 

Shin was lying on his back looking at the sky in melancholy. 

'It's strange. I'm still not satisfied.' 

He was thinking about what those people who got their revenge felt.

'Why am I not feeling empty?'

Well, he learned about it through movies. He believed that he should be feeling empty inside. Somehow, there was still more.

It was like he hadn't achieved genuine closure.

The 'Douma' guy was fake, he speculated.

The other guy in question was mutilated, brain matter coming from his head, intestines were choked onto his neck, and the limbs were cut and stabbed on his disfigured body, it was a total gore.

Suddenly, the pieces of flesh moved in a single direction forming a humanoid figure.

It was 'Douma' back into pieces as good as new. 

"?!" Shin was alerted. 

But later…

"Keh~" He grinned.

Shin summoned his sword and dashed to 'Douma'.

*Stab* 

.

.

.

Shin was stabbed deep in the chest. 

Douma suddenly appearing in his front laughed,

"Kekekekeke. I've still got a lot to teach but… Ding time's up." Said, 'Douma' disappointed.

His face slowly changed and what become was a face that has a skull mask, eye sockets slanted on an upward crescent, and bare teeth that were formed into a creepy smile. 

He looked like a visored.

"Truly fascinating… The memories were completely deleted but…"

"… The soul seemed to remember." He looked at Shin's grinning face.

There was a hint of disappointment, hope, and excitement on Shin's face. 

"I can't tell you more… but NEVER forget that feeling… EVER!!!"

"…Joker ~" The man looked at the distance and slowly disappeared. 

'Joker? What does he–' 

*Crack* *Crack* *Crack* 

Shin couldn't continue as cracking noises were heard and the world seemed to break.

In the forest, filled with trees and a verdant environment, there was a black dome just enough to fit a human-sized figure.

*Crack Crack* 

It suddenly cracked and broke. There was a handsome young man, lying on the ground. He was wearing black priest clothing and no stole. 

He had unkempt black hair, perfectly lined facial features, and a keen look. On his waist was a straight sword. It had crucifix motifs painted all over the sheathe, a cloud-like handle guard, and a red hanging cord. 

.

.

.

Three hours earlier…

A portal suddenly opened and came a floating wisp and two orbs.

The wisp entered the man's body. 

Same as the black orb which speedily descended passing the other and penetrated the heart and disappeared. 

The mechanical orb too descended on the man's head but it was held back by something. 

It was struggling to enter. It tried to force its way but a dark barrier suddenly formed covering the man.

The metallic orb fought, it happened for hours.

It was clashing on it, but it slowly lost its color and the penetration pressure weakened.

Hours later, it was slowly absorbed by the black mass it was only left with a tiny wisp that escaped somewhere.

Which brought the situation now…

*Gasp* 

The man woke up abruptly.

>> Shin's POV <<

"What was that?" 

I asked no one in particular as I remembered I was fighting the man and he suddenly was fixed.

I am jumping and dashing from tree to tree. 

When I woke up, I suddenly found myself here in the forest.

I felt the atmosphere and the wind was back to normal, with no inverse buildings so I got excited thinking this might be the real world I was reincarnated into.

And there was something I found out, I tell you. 

I was looking at myself in the reflection on the sword, strangely when I smile my right canine tooth glowed accompanied by a sharp 'ting' sound. 

I was amused. Haha, I repeated it a couple of times. 

I look like a weirdo, flicking my hair and did some strange poses. 

And it didn't fail me, as I smiled it always had the flash and sound effect going on. 

.

.

.

"This is boring." I got bored as I was jumping from tree to tree for approximately half an hour.

While on air, I said:

"Room" I half-extended my arm.

There was a blue dome created below my palm and it continued to grow.

Sensing something to switch in the distance:

"Shambles"

I repeated doing that a lot of times.

.

.

.

*Shing* (A/N: This will be my teleport SFX and may use it sometimes for sword clashes)

I appeared on a cliff overlooking a village that seemed to have primitive structures of houses. 

But more importantly…

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT FOREST?!"

That's too fucking big. 

I'm angry that it made me cuss which made me feel guilty, maybe?

I'm supposed to be a priest.

No precisely, I'm wearing a fucking cool priest-like clothing.

I'm a holy fuc— No. I'm holy. I'm not supposed to cuss.

That's evil.

.

.

.

"Fuck that forest. Kekekekeke" I chuckled. 

>> 3rd POV << 

== Demonslayer HQ ==

In a hall, a girl(about 17 yrs old) of slender build, was kneeling on the ground. 

She was tall for her age and had notably red lips in contrast to her complexion. Her hair was long straight and black. They reached below her waist, worn down with two shorter clumps over her shoulders, and arched, ear-length bangs on the other side of her face. 

Her eyes were a pale violet and slanted towards the sides of her face, bright and bug-like, with many notable white sparkles reflecting light off of them.

She also has–...

"Kanae." A man spoke. 

(Tsk!)

"I've received reports about girls missing in a village of 'Your-Resting-Place'. It is likely a demon's work." He spoke in a tender tone.

"I want to send you to investigate this matter and if possible proceed to eliminate it. If…"

And so he goes on and on about the specifics.

He has… well, a scar on his face.

Father-figure-like aura, perhaps?

A mob… 

Meh~

"Yes. Oyakata-sama" The beautiful, sexy, hot, charming, I'm getting ho— girl, Kanae replied. 

.

10