Chapter 24: Kanae (2)
217 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>> Kanae POV <<

Several months once again passed, and my mom was starting to like anime. She became an Otaku like me. 

We were talking about traveling to Japan and attending a cosplay event and so we went. I was a bit mellowed down so, after the trip, I was planning to visit Shin's grave. 

But I didn't know that we, me and my mother would meet our end that day. The plane we rode on had an engine failure and we came crashing down.

My mom at that time, as we spent our last moments told me the shocking news. She said that she had breast cancer which was hereditary and was expected to die within the next 4 years. She told me about the possibility of myself getting that disease. 

She also talk to me about how happy and proud she was as she raised me by herself. She also bitched my dad once last time. 

At that time, knowing what kind of fate I would meet in the future, to which I would likely spend my time alone since my mom wouldn't live for long and I am confident that no one could fill the hole Shin left in my heart, I was relieved.

Well, I regret that I couldn't visit his grave but whatever I was going to die anyways and follow after him.

My mom stopped talking and just hugged me and I for the last time tried to think about the happy moments I spent with Shin but for some reason, I couldn't remember his face. The image of his face in my mind was strangely blurred. I couldn't think more of this because that's when the plane crashed and boom, the end of my and mom's life. 

Then I reincarnated in this world and live another life. 

But that's a story for next time.

The gist is that, this man here with me, which I had forgotten or more like a censored face in my memories was the man I loved back in my past life.

The first time I saw his face in this world, all those blurred faces of his in my memories were cleared out. I then started to remember it.

I am born with a special kind of appraisal power that could detect someone's name, age and some kind of tag which had something to do with how I perceive my relationship with that person.

Looking at my side, I used my power and this is what I saw at that time: 

[Shin Roah Tensei]

[Age 17??]

[Relationship: Crush / Soul Mate] 

Seeing this earlier, I was stunned for a while, but let it go since it might have just been a coincidence.

However, he spoke a word that seemed to be filled with irritation, and then that just strengthen my belief that this man was Shin, the man I love. 

I remember he hated blonde just because of a certain anime where his favorite character wasn't chosen but instead, the tsundere heroine who had blonde hair.

No one does hate a blonde girl for a petty reason like that right? But of course there was, and it's only him.

So, I figured out it was Shin. I was shocked and happy but I didn't show it on my face.

I still hate him because he died without even consulting me, so I was about to extort him for payment earlier.

Yet it became a show for everybody. He decided to play like a smartass and grabbed the people's attention to him. 

 

However, truthfully I was the one who grabbed their attention since my voice was loud. I shouted earlier. I released my anger at him and just masked it off as being pissed about him for not paying the Dango.

Since he decided to play a fool, I reacted. So I got him to work for me. 

But I regret making him work because many girls swoon at him after he showed some cool skills. I forgot that girls in this world were more attracted to capable men. 

Since it happened already, there is nothing I can do about it.

I'll just be more proactive then…

.

.

.

"Hey, Shin," I called out. 

"What?" He asked with a neutral tone.

"I'll help you hold that," I said. But I didn't specify anything.

"This?" He presumed and signaled his head to the bag he was carrying and continued saying,

"Nah. I'm good. I can carry it." 

He insisted.

"Is that so? Then I'll just hold this then." 

I took his right hand which wasn't holding the bag and clasped my left hand with his in a lover's hold. 

So what if I'm being creepy right now? 

It's better than regretting once again by being passive. 

What if he rejects me?

Nah, that won't happen. I'm confident. He is my Shin after all.

"Heeeh ~ Why are you holding my hands like that?" He asked with a neutral tone. But I can feel that he wasn't repulsed by it. 

"My hand is cold ~ " I replied with a merry tone. 

"Is that so? Well, whatever." He shrugged his shoulders. I can feel his hands clasped with mine tightly. 

'Hehehe ~' 

Right. I'm 101% sure that he is my Shin ❤. 

He is the only one who can make me feel comfortable and safe when holding hands.

(A/N: I am not suggesting that she has held other men's hands. Just take it as it is. It is a woman's biased opinion.)

'Should I tell him that I'm Erica? Right now?'

'Wait…'

It's strange. I know that Shin wasn't a playboy. He is only intimate with me.

"..."

He better knew or felt that I am Erica. 

Or else if I find out that he is reciprocating my advances without being conscious that I am me, his pseudo lover back on Earth, then I will punish him. 

It's unreasonable but so what? I am a petty person.

'Am I assuming things?' 

Let's try something out.

"Hey Shin…" I called out to him once again while facing the front. I didn't look in his direction.

"Yes?" He asked.

Now, I faced him and saw he had a raised brow, curious about my sudden question.

"Do you know someone grogeous, pretty and well endowed body who has scarlet hair back in YOUR HOME?" I asked emphasizing the last two words. 

"..." He dropped the bag and his eyes opened widely at my question. 

He stopped walking, looked down and clutched his face with his left arm, and chuckled:

"Kekekekeke ~" 

"I see. Now that explains it. I think I might have a super ultra instinct or something." He spoke under his breath. I could hear it.

He then raised his head and look at me, there was a glint of clarity in his eyes, and asked, "MY HOME, huh?"

"Hn." I nodded.

"I do. I like her." He answered and smiled lovingly at me.

It felt like he was confused and just now had to find an answer to his doubts or whatever it was. 

Anyways, I don't know his story of how he ended up here but yeah once again, I am confident that this is the Shin, whom I love. 

It's not a coincidence and I'm not wrong about it.

'Hehehe ~ Wait… Did he say he liked her — No, me?' 

"Shin… L-like what kind of 'like' is it?" I asked a question while stuttering.

I want to know what 'like' he was talking about. 

I continued, "I-Is that 'like' for her — No, for this scarlet-haired girl back in your home in such a romantic way?"

"... What like? Ah, Yes. I do romantically like her." He said while looking at my eyes intently.

I can feel that he once again clutched my hand tightly.

"Oh ~" I am shocked.

'I thought he was a dense bastard'.

And yep, it's legit he knew that I am Erica or had some inkling that it was me. 

Well, no punishment for him then.

I'll find out more about his story at a later date.

I'll just enjoy this moment with him first.

'Hmm. Hmm. Comfy ~ ❤' His hand is warm.

We continued to walk.

I guided him towards the streets, going to a corner of the village where a ramen shop was situated.

"Hehehe ~" I released a giggle.

At the same time, I heard him chuckle.

"Kekeke ~" 

'As usual, he chuckles like a sick bastard.' 

I still love him despite that though. Hmm. Hmm.

(A/N: Kanae didn't react to Shin's age being '17??'. The reason: The moment she knew that it was Shin then it was just logical that his age is undetermined since he too had live a past life.

Her ability would have something to do with appraising the soul. Though I'll have think more about it in the future. If you have any ideas, dropped it down.) 

7