Chapter 29: At Kanae’s House
147 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>> 3rd POV <<

Arriving at the front gate of Kanae's house Shin entered the premises as if he owned the home. 

He had walked a considerable distance away from the village as of now.

'Did she mean that her house was on the outskirts of the village?'

Shin thought that this area was not a part of the village anymore.

Kanae's house was situated about 3.5 kilometers away from that village of Your-Resting-Place.

"Are you living here alone?" Shin asked. His tone had a hint of guilt and sadness.

'She must be feeling lonely all those times.' 

He assumed. He didn't wait for Kanae's reply. His thoughts wandered on their own.

"Yes," Kanae confirmed it with a nod. She climbed down from Shin's back the moment he entered the gate.

'Temporarily though.' She left that thought unsaid about her staying at this place.

Kanae had been living in this pre-assigned house for the mission, for about a month already, which was owned by a demon slayer who had died. 

Shin wandered his gaze to look around and observe the house.

There was a garden that only had a single type of plant displayed in it. 

He looked at the gorgeous vining shrub, with lavender-colored flower petals growing from its lush. It was beautiful. The scene that registers from his peripheral vision was like — creating a mysterious ambiance.

Shin recognizes this plant.

'Is that a Wisteria flower?' 

It was a flower native to North America back in his previous world. It wasn't that uncommon in that place so, he just marveled at it for a while and move on. 

They hadn't entered the roof yet so Shin had time to admire the house.

Kanae's house, compared to the infrastructures from the village of Your-Resting-Place if Shin could be honest —

'It's luxurious.'

Not only it had a personal garden but its walls, roof — everything was new, polished, and had that well-defined, mystic-looking varnished smeared all over the wooden materials of the house.

'Kana must be new here.'

He was guessing that Kanae had just recently transferred and built her house in this place.

Shin who stopped walking and admired the house was brought back to his thoughts when he heard Kanae speak.

"Come on, get inside." 

Kanae pushed Shin's back, nudging him to enter the house.

"Okay ~ okay. Stop pushing me." 

Then, the moment Shin entered the house and heard the sliding door closed, Kanae with quick movement hugged Shin from his back.

Shin had a surprised expression on his face.

He thought Kanae was done feeling him up.

Kanae reached for the opening in Shin's chest and starting from that place, she tried to undress him but stopped, just inches away, of Shin's upper cloth, falling from his shoulders.

Kanae knew that Syri would fall if she continued to undress him. 

She didn't want to wake up the cute little creature.

"Put Syri in my room and let's take a bath together, pretty please?" 

Kanae was playful and confident about her teasing Shin earlier.

But her attitude had a 180 turn from before. She was humble and the result was that she acted like a kid who wants to be pampered.

She knew that Shin would be reserved about what she'll propose because it would be the first time they'll share a bath.

"Aww, what should I do about you? I guess it can't be helped. I'll go with you then." Shin pretended to be bothered about it.

The truth was that his heart went 'doki-doki' from Kanae's cutesy act. He almost lost himself and wanted to kiss the girl at the moment. 

But just in time for his flustered self to act automatically which saves him from stealing their very first union of lips.

He didn't want to rough Kanae up, and also believed that their first kiss should be romantic.

So, he was thankful and imagined patting his back for the timely save. 

"Hehehe ~" Kanae giggled. He knew the man was flustered. 

He was acting out of place.

Kanae knew the man very well. He was bipolar and she was very well knowledgeable about when and what Shin's reactions vary. 

Like sometimes, he chuckles to himself like a maniac. Kanae would conclude that Shin was thinking of something absurd or complicated stuff and when that happened, in the end, he would just laugh or chuckle finding something funny about it.

Or even sometimes get suddenly emotional at the wrong time. There was a time back on earth when Shin and Kanae found an old man working so hard, struggling to push a heavy cart filled with something. 

Shin offered to help but was rudely rejected. He just smiled it off and still politely greeted the old man and then went away.

But after they went home, Shin had tears in his eyes as he was observing the ants working. He goes, "These insects are so admirable even though they are little, their determination to work is unhindered." 

When Kanae asked him what he thought about the old man they saw earlier, he replied: "Nah, that prick doesn't deserve my praise." He was being salty. 

Kanae felt that Shin wasn't bothered by it at the time he had been rejected and it was true, because he still managed to show genuine kindness by how humble and polite he was as he handled the man's rejection.

"I'll just put Syri in the room first. Now, where is it?" Shin asked where Kanae's room was.

"Just go straight, starting from that side and the last room is mine."

Kanae pointed to the left corner which had a path that led to her sleeping quarters.

She then pointed to the right path, and said, "The bathroom is this way. I'll go inside first and heat the water."

Kanae wanted to warm the water first.

Living in this world that had obvious Japanese-like traditions, Kanae became used to taking a bath at night.

She especially liked dipping in the hot spring but since there wasn't any in this house, she just made do with using coal to heat the waters.

"..." Shin nodded and then started walking towards Kanae's room.

Arriving at the end of the path, he opened the sliding door.

Shin saw a plain-looking room. There was no decoration whatsoever but just a bed, a wooden wardrobe, and a study table. There were also lamps near the walls. 

It was dark, the lamps weren't ignited but he could still see clearly from his eyes. 

This was what he was confident about when he drank that water from the spring back then — he had keen eyesight that could see even at night.

It wasn't night vision since from his perspective, he can see the normal colors of the surroundings but not in green.

The bed was slightly bigger though, which could fit about two people and could still leave a bit of space as he imagined if he and Kanae were to sleep here together.

"Kekeke ~" He chuckled at his thoughts since that would likely, going to happen, considering how clingy Kanae was now. 

He then shook his head and moved closer to the bed and took Syri from inside his cloth and gently put the sleeping fox in the bed.

He patted the little creature in the head one last time before he went outside the room.

(A/N: Wazzup Homies? I'm feeling bored today. I want to play a game with you, a game called --- Tell me honestly about what you feel about the fic. Anything is fine, good or bad. 

For you to have a guide, I will post these questions, but you can also choose to write what's on your thoughts:

"What do you feel about the pacing of the story?" 

"Is it slice of life or not?"

"It's boring isn't?"

"Do you have a girlfr --- no, that's out."

Anyways, there's a catch. If someone can satisfy me with their comment or whatever it is, (much better if it is funny) then, I will post extra chapter today. 

If you make me cry, I'll give you 2 

or 

If I laugh then I'll also post 2 chapters. 

P.S.: Only to those interested though. )

7