Chapter 9: The Toad Caravan
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My schedule is sorta packed right now so most of the chapters will be pretty short.

-----------------

Greetings my friend. I have traveled through treacherous mountains and swam in the darkest of depths, but never would I have imagined what would happen on that fateful day. When myself, a humble yet devilishly handsome toad would be summoned.

 

 

My summoner is a powerful and illustrious man, almost as handsome as myself. He wields an incomprehensible power that I daresay, even the wisest of Mount Myoboku would not be able to… Comprehend. Shut up Larry! My respiratory of vocabulary is absolutely flawless! You shall not sully mine reputation!

 

 

You mere frog in a well! 

 

 

Do you wish to die! My blade is the finest of blades! Forged with steel from steel! I will cut you down with a mighty cut of my blade!

 

 

Please do not mind Larry. He is but a pure and innocent tadpole who has only very recently left his puddle. To be more precise, he is an idiotic idiot. Tadpoles have not yet matured you see.

 

 

Oh yes? Thank you, Larry. You might not be as much of an idiot as I first thought you were. That is indeed a compliment! You are welcome! Now shut up! Greetings my friend, the name is Gamahana, the everlasting and beautiful flower of the holy mountains of Myoboku! Praise me! Praise me!

 

 

At the moment our caravan makes haste towards the Drowned Earth, a treacherous land filled with dangers beyond the compre- Give me a second…. Wait… Grasp! The grasp of any mere humans. Of course, us as toads, we know all about it!

 

 

It is obviously a snowy wonderland filled with giant furry bears and giant menacing penguins that eat men alive!

 

 

Currently, we are making haste, for an evil Cult is hot on our heels! From what I’ve heard from our Summoner and such, they have some fine delicious bugs inside and around them. What more could one ask for! I hope they arrive soon.

 

 

Thank you so much for your time. Goodbye.

 

 

===

 

He Gengxin was questioning existence at the moment. He hadn’t expected to get out of the tavern intact and safe…. Yet now he was inside of the stomach of a frog dining on green tea and mooncakes.

 

 

Stuffing his mouth unbefitting of the young master of a clan, he smoothed out his disheveled robes and stared about. It was strange to think that it was the inside of a frog. Around him, were rows upon rows of cabinets stuffed to the brim with wine jars, burlap sacks, and an assortment of other things.

 

 

A low-hanging lantern burned with a bright orange light, and the wet floor below him seemed to shake from time to time. He sat at a small wooden table along with his sister, who seemed to be deep in thought, having not yet touched the soothing cup of green tea.

 

 

Despite the weirdness of it all, he was still very much relieved. 

 

 

After a while, he got up from his seat, feeling his straw shoes squish into the floor beneath. Surprisingly, he didn’t really feel disgusted that he was inside of a frog… Strange. He Gengxin made his way towards an opposite wall, where an open wall of bulbous fat poorly veiled by a velvet curtain sat.

 

 

Reaching out with a strange expression on his face, he knocked on it twice.

 

 

*Breecgk…*

 

 

A foul smell of insects and wine burst into his face as the frog gagged, opening its mouth. Immediately, a blast of wind slammed into He Gengxin’s face, causing him to wince a little. 

 

 

Somewhat bleary-eyed, he stabilized himself as the caravan continued on forwards. Well, “continuing on” was an understatement. Gengxin watched the landscape below him blur as the caravan of frogs sped straight ahead in a disorderly manner, the jars and such bound to the backs of the frogs and carts shaking haphazardly as oil spilled and packages fell right and left.

 

 

Turning his attention to the corner of his eye, he noticed two figures adjacent to him, seemingly undisturbed by the speed- Which He Gengxin was pretty sure dwarfed his own top movement techniques.. Dressed in clean white robes, the feminine Yu Tian was deep in concentration, feet and hands in a serene lotus position atop a rickety constantly shaking cart. Quite some concentration.

 

 

Meanwhile… Their eccentric Senior Yun Xie was sitting atop one of the other frogs…. Fishing inside of a clay pot? Huh?

 

4