Chapter 15: The Attempt Of Letting Go
775 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

R:VCP | Chapter 15: The Attempt of Letting Go

Sometimes things that you don't try to understand.

Will be the one that'll makes everything and everyone misunderstand you.

When I saw her cry like this... I didn't know what to do. My heart hurts seeing her like this. I want to hug her and tell her that everything will be okay.

I want to make her smile, not the fake and empty smiles she puts on all the time, but a smile that shows how touched and happy she is... Instead of this bitter and heartbreaking smile.

I want to see her laugh again.

Even though I've never seen her laughed before, not even once.

"Belle...?" Jacob tried to hold Belle, but before he can even hold her he was pushed away by Belle.

"Let go!!" She shouted and pushed Jacob away. Then seeing a chance, she immediately run away with tears in her eyes, and off to find Luna.

"Belle!" Jacob chased after her who had run off.

But, after chasing Belle non-stop, he found out that he actually still lost her.

He ruffled his hair in annoyance.
'Arghh!! Where did she go!?'

'Where...'

"Where are you Belle?"

•••

After witnessing Belle run off, both of the Villainesses and the Capture Targets was stopped from their own squabbles for a moment.

The Villainess after they saw the Heroine who was in tears, was also starting to tear up, but they immediately shift their gaze away in that way no one will see their own shares of pain.

The Capture Targets on the other hand at first they were captivated by her, Belle, it wasn't just because of her beauty but also there was something about her that made them want to be with her...

But later on after being with her by following Jacob, who was tailing and stalking her non-stop, the Capture Targets seemed to realize something then, that during the time that they were with Belle, they realize that they weren't really into her after all...

And every time they spend their time with Belle by following her and stalking her by the leadership of Jacob, they have actually found out that the other girls, the Villainesses, seems to have drifted away from them. At first they thought that it was just nothing and they thought that later on they, the Villainesses, would just come back.

But, reality proved them wrong, days have gone by but the Villainesses still didn't come back to them again, and they even found out that, the Villainesses have actually started to ignore them.

Walking pass by them, not greeting them, not even following them and annoying them again. It's just like they simply don't care, it was as if from the very start, the girls have never bothered to even care about their existence at all.

And it made them...

Really, really...

Uncomfortable.

And thinking about it. They, the Villainesses, didn't even give them, the Capture Targets, their attention... Even just a little fleeting or even a quick look there wasn't. Actually, even just a mere glance, the Capture Targets did not have the luck to receive it

Even if they did, rather than a glance, the Villainesses would rather gave them a look. That look which is full of indifference, sometimes also an eye full of hurt, and the most common is their frequent blazing glares.

After Belle ran off and Jacob ran after her. The Capture Targets who was in their own thoughts was pulled back to reality.

They immediately look at their own partners, who was also about to run off but unfortunately for the Villainesses the Capture Targets has still some things to ask them.

The first one who break the tense atmosphere was Liam.

He grabbed Ivy's small hands and took her away from the other Villainesses and Capture Targets. Headed to where?

"Young-- young master... Just wait.." Ivy who is being dragged tried to resist and keep trying to pull her hands from being held by Liam's hands, but to no avail.

Liam after seeing Ivy's struggle loosen slightly his hold to Ivy's hands but still didn't let her go.

After arriving to their destination, Liam then let Ivy's hands go. Ivy being freed, immediately made a space between her and Liam.

Liam's expression then slightly darkened after seeing Ivy's not so obvious movements.

"What... What are we doing here... master?" Ivy who just then realized where they are asked.

In the right side of the Grand Ballroom Hall was the Grand Buffet table. Where many main dishes were displayed, and also many kinds of desserts.

Liam didn't answer Ivy, only held both of Ivy's shoulder and pushed her towards the table and let her sit on the table's chair.

"What??--" Ivy started but Liam cut her off.

"Just sit down, I'll be back..." Liam said with a slight smile. Ivy look at him for a second before retracting her gaze and stayed silent again, and head lowered.

Liam looked at Ivy for a moment and let out a sigh. Then went to the buffet table.

"Here..." When he was back he brought back different kinds of desserts. And served it to Ivy.

Ivy's dull eyes, for a moment suddenly brightens after seeing the desserts. But realizing Liam is still here, she the calm herself and immediately shifted her gaze away from the mouthwatering desserts.

Witnessing this, Liam helplessly smiled, he then took a piece of the chocolate swirls that is in front of him with his spoon, and held it towards Ivy.

"Here... Eat~ " He smiled slightly holding a spoon, obviously wants to feed her.

Ivy the one experiencing this unusual phenomenon was slightly confused.

'This... Young Master Liam never feed... anyone before. Only, Belle in the last life...' after thinking this Ivy couldn't help but mock herself for her past wishful thinking.

Arranging her thoughts, she then looked back at Liam who was still looking at her and was still waiting for her to open her mouth so he can feed her.

She then took a breath and abruptly stood up. Liam surprised, was about to ask her what's the problem. When she then said.

"Master, please mind your manners... There are many people here, it might cause you a big misunderstanding. " She said. With a pause she confirmed.

"So, if there's nothing else... I will be on my way then." She curtsy and immediately left. Liam slightly frowned and put down the spoon he was holding and grabbed Ivy's arm"

"What happened Ivy? Why are you-"

"Not myself?" She cut Liam and continued. "How so? " Bitterly laughs and looked back at Liam.

"Young Master Liam, how sure you are that I am not myself?" She looked at him disappointingly sad "When the fact that, you never even know who I really am from the start."

Liam was speechless, and could only look at Ivy lost for words. But, even after facing Ivy's words head on. He still didn't let his hold on her hands go.

Which made Ivy's irritation swelled to the next level.

In the past when she needed Liam the most he wasn't there. When every time she follows Liam everywhere like a tail, Liam would always insist in telling her to try and go out and experience the world.

It's his polite way of him telling her that he doesn't need a nanny on his side.

Even he never say it out loud in the past, but for me I know that he's always trying his utmost best, just so to let me leave him so he can be with his beloved person, Belle.

Now she decided to finally let go, and move on. She's even trying her best to let herself and Liam not to meet that much than they already are. Especially since they are both living in the same roof.

Her as his maid, and his loyal follower...

And him as her Young Master to follow, and her sky she hails and adore...

Him as her whole world...

And that whole world, that had abandoned her in that life.

So how can she just forget about that?

That pain she felt...

When she was all alone...

And been abandoned.

She tried to hope...

And tried to wait...

Hoping that maybe,

Maybe he will come,

And he will appear in front of her...

Will held his hand to her...

And pull her out of this suffocating darkness...

To pull her out, of this...

... depression...

But in the end even how much she waited...

And waited...

And waited...

He...

Never came.

But I reasoned to myself...

'Maybe he's busy...?'

'Maybe he just have forgotten due to school work...?'

'Maybe...'

'Maybe....'

Who am I kidding? *Smiled bitterly*

What busy?

What school work?

He... *Struggle not to cry*

He just didn't come...

Just that simple...

No reason needed.

Besides who am I to compare?

...To that person who was lucky enough

to occupy his heart...

And so that little flimsy flame of hope inside of me have finally...

...disappeared.

Without a trace...

Without a trace he entered my lonesome world...

Without a trace he made me smile...

Without a trace he made me feel what is happiness...

And,

Without a trace he silently entered my guarded heart...

And so he became the reason for me to continue to live...

But, in the end I found out that...

Without a trace he left me in my own lonesome world...

Without a trace he made me miserably cry...

Without a trace he made me feel what is a real sadness feels like...

And,

Without a trace he silently walked out from my torn and broken heart...

And so, my reason of living has finally left and abandoned me...

All alone...

Without a trace he became my world...

And also,

Without a trace this world, he, has abandoned me...

So tell me... Is it my fault that now I want to let go and forget about the past? To forget him and that misleading feelings that lead me to my bitter end that time?

So tell me please?

Because I... I don't want to hold on to those misleading and false hope anymore... *Bitterly crying*

Tears have fallen from Ivy's eyes endlessly that it made Liam panicked.

'Did I hold her to tight? Is she hurt??' he panicked and he loosen his hold on Ivy's hand. Then he heard Ivy say.

"Just leave *chokes* me alone... *Cries* Please. *Chokes* I... I don't want to---"

Not finishing what she wanted to say. Ivy then pushed Liam away from her and she run off, eyes with endless tears.

'foolishly fall for you...

...ever again...'

"Ivy!!!" Liam who was pushed back by Ivy can only then look at Ivy's retreating back...

But deep inside in his heart an oath was made.

'This will be the last time.' A glint of light pass through his eyes 'You'll be able to run away from me,' "Ivy."

On the other side.

"What do you want? Haven't you have enough already?" She looked at Damon coldly.

Damon who always had everything controlled in his hands, and always have the answers to each and every question that is thrown to him was now in dilemma, for he did not know how to answer Dahlia.

It's not that he doesn't have an answer, the truth is he already know what to say to her, but it's just he... After seeing Dahlia looked at him with that cold and dull look, has resulted him to unable to utter even a single word.

Seeing this Dahlia sneered and was about to walk out when Damon suddenly pulled her back and say.

"I just... *grunt* *troubled* sigh... I just, wanted to ask you to a dance... Will you---" just even before he can say everything he wanted to say, he was then cut by Dahlia's word.

"Dance? " She bitterly laughs, tears was once again threatening to fall from her eyes. She shifted her eyes away from his eyes and she took a breath to calm her stuffy chest, and says.

"No. thanks." After saying her piece she then slapped away Damon's hand that was holding her and walked out without looking back.

"Dahlia!" Just like what Jacob did, Damon also chased after Dahlia.

"Dahlia wait!!"

"Dahlia!"

Out of the Ballroom Hall Dahlia was again grabbed by Damon.

"Dahlia please we need to talk..." Damon plead

"What's there to talk?" Dahlia looked at him coldly.

Dahlia couldn't be blame for being like this to Damon, because, she herself knows how the original Dahlia's end will be. Especially she witnessed it, well actually she played it.

What is the most painful thing for a girl, who only wants to be love, to experience for her to end up hurt and broken miserably?

Well? For me that'll be when a person who only just needed even tiny bit of love, received love and will love the person back in return...

Thinking that person really loves her. Because of that she will follow all that person's request unconditionally.

But in the end, the person who just foolishly believed that she was finally loved by someone. Was not and never will be love after all...

Because all the while...

She was just actually...

...used.

Used by the person she cares for the most...

Used by the person she trusted the most...

Used and play by the person,

she unconditionally loved the most...

In the game the original Dahlia, was used by her beloved Damon from the very start...

All the care,

Attention,

Affection he have shown to her was all just an act...

To win over her gullible heart.

And she, was too blinded to even realize it.

Too blinded to see that he, Damon, the one she loved have never actually love her even from the very start...

She was a total fool...

Being blinded for so long...

...by this so called 'love'...

But this Dahlia here now, is different from that Dahlia from the game...

Yes, they both have many similarities, from personality and even their experiences in life...

That's more the reason, after being transmigrated into this body...

She, have decided to change this little ones fate...

Not only for the Original Dahlia's sake.

But also,

For her own...

A second life to live...

A new opportunity to hope...

A chance to feel that she belong...

And to finally experience...

That she is not...

...alone...

Damon frustratedly sigh and he tried to explain "Dahlia... What happened there---"

"--Has nothing to do with me." Dahlia cut frostily. And continued. "And you, yourself has nothing to do with me."

She then again pulled her hands back from Damon's hold and stated with indifference and resoluteness "From today onwards you and I are nothing but a stranger..."

And with a whisper she continued.
"And will never ever again have an intersection in each of others life."

Damon couldn't believe what he just heard. And he was anxious and afraid, afraid of what?

Afraid of losing her...

Really her?

Or just afraid of losing the benefits that he'll receive when he's with her?

And so he found himself saying suddenly.

"We are engage! Are we not.?" He refuted. When looking at him he seems calm, but his tone when saying it betrayed his real feeling at that moment, that anxiousness and a moment of... Desperation?

"We 'were' engage. But not anymore." Dahlia answered back calmly. Which result in Damon's face darkening.

"Can you please enlighten me by answering me... Since when?" The area's temperature suddenly went down as Damon asked Dahlia with that low tone of him.

Dahlia didn't care about the changes of the surrounding, she looked at him and answered. "Since (the beginning) a minute ago..." She wanted to say since the beginning, the beginning when she have arrived and became the new Dahlia.

Everything was silent when suddenly, Damon said something that made Dahlia stunned.

"What?" Dahlia looked at Damon weirdly and unsurely.

"I said..." a sudden glint of resoluteness and firmness pass through his eyes "I do not agree."

•••

"You know that this will happen, didn't you?" Spade broke the silent between Camille and him, who both was left by the others due to the confrontations.

Camille only spared him a glance, then before walking away her voice was heard.

"You all seemed to be having fun accusing people." She didn't look back but how her voice sounded was obviously a sneer. Then she continued.

"First was Luna..."

"Then,

...me..."

"Now, "

she paused for a moment then continue.

"I'm really looking forward to know"

she smiled

"who'll be the next unlucky person"

"Who would be luckily enough..."

"To have an honor of being accused..."

"By a 'perfect' guys like you..."

She looked back at him and gave him a cold smile.

And, then she continued to walk away.

Her step was light,

but the heart was heavy...

Making an oath to herself and to the system.

"Duze, please remember to remind me...

In the future...

That I,

shouldn't fall in love...

... with that kind of guy.

Okay?"

[...]

['It seems that this will be a problem'(T▽T)・']

•Chapter 15 Ends•

Vote please~~

----------------

WhiteSunflowerS2: Hi Dezu!

Dezu: Hi author~~

WhiteSunflowerS2: Come here for a moment.

Dezu: ?? What is it?

WhiteSunflowerS2: I'll ask you a question and you must answer me truthfully. Since this is for the sake of your future. Your answer will make a big impact to your future and to my decision for this book. So answer me honestly, okay?

Dezu: *serious* Okay.

WhiteSunflowerS2: ......How old are you? Or are you already at a legal age or what?

Dezu: Ah?

WhiteSunflowerS2: Since you know~ you look like a child right now~

Dezu: *speechless* Excuse me, author! But I am already an adult! For your information I only look like this, because
1. I thought Sis, Camilla will remember me in my younger form.
2. This form is convenient. And,
3. In this way it's convenient to ask for free snacks at Granny Meng Po's stall.
Understand now?

WhiteSunflowerS2: *repeatedly nods* Hn. Hn. *Scribble²×* Now I know... Okay, I have decided! You shall be the bottom/ uke/ shou/ receiver. And you will meet your partner in the future chapters~

Dezu: ...........Excuse me!?

-----------------

11