1. Hit the ground running!
145 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Claudia Clawinski, I’m a girl in the summer of my twenty third year of life. I hate everything. Vast climate change killed everything, I’ve basically been swimming from floating trash to floating trash to floating trash in filthy water since I was born. No idea what my parent's names were, I killed them and ate them. There is only one thing I like. My claw, cool future tech thing. I found it a long time ago and it saved me for a long time and it used my blood as a hydraulic fluid to rip things open, I also used it as an anchor too since it extends. It got torn off me two days ago and I’m dying of dehydration. I just want my claw back.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE DIED AND BECOME A CONDUIT FOR THE UNRESOLVED KARMA OF YOUR WORLD, YOU WILL BE THE RECEPTACLE FOR POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE AND VALUES! YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN FOR THIS AS A RESULT OF HATING YOUR SINFUL WORLD. YOU WILL BE REBORN WITH TWO CRITERIA OF YOUR CHOOSING!

PLEASE SPECIFY:

I barely know how to read and care even less about what this nonsense is.

“Just give me my claw and get me away from the goddamn human race.” I mewl into the air.

UNDERSTOOD: KARMA RESOLVING. SYSTEM ASSIGNED. SURVIVAL CHANCE LOW. GOOD LUCK.

It is a really annoying voice.

I spin really fast and my vision turns red. I can’t see my hands, but I know the feeling of water, though this is more slippy, like the feces filled water closest to where the big cities used to be. This feels nice though, hard to describe. I guess like a warm water hug? Anyway I’m looking around around and my brain is all switched up and itchy. I know a lot of words I didn’t used to...I think. I’m in a ‘burrow” on a “beach” and that horrible monster towering over me is a “crab.” It’s pretty spooky to me since it is the first time I’ve ever seen anything alive that wasn’t a human. I watched as it reached down and ate something round. It’s own "egg." I gotta get out of here! I struggle as best I can, but then I pass out due to exhaustion. When I wake up I notice a couple of things through this red glass I’m behind, 17 moons in the night sky for one, but more importantly, the big crab seems to be sleeping. Now is the perfect time to escape. I lift my hand and start looking for a way to get out of here...Oh, oh my hand is a claw...MY HAND IS A CLAW! I’M SO HAPPY! Alright, first I need to peace out of my egg I guess.

It is actually pretty goopy so I just cut my way out and I immediately get a headache.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU’VE JUST BEEN BORN!

The voice is annoying so I scream at it “Just shut up, be quiet, sound soft, cute and like a boy!”

It speaks again in a voice that makes my heart throb.

Confirmed. You’ve just been awarded the traits: “premature”, “Runt”, “brutish” and “nocturnal.”
Karma awards title. “Positive karma inheritor of a dead world.”
You’ve gained one level!
You’ve been awarded a name token!
You can check your status by-

"Listen cute voice, I need you to stop completely til I am- Oh."-Oh I am not touching the ground any more. Momma picked me up! She is going to eat me, oh shit! Just as I got a close up of my momma’s horrifying mouth something white fell out of the sky screaming and plucked me out of momma’s hand, before I could get too far in the grip of the white beast momma displayed unreal speed and caught it by the neck. An itch in the back of my head tells me that is “bird.” I don’t much care and dip out while momma starts ripping it apart and eating it, momentarily stopping from the feast of her own children.

I need cover and I see a rocky tide pool! I jumped in as fast as I could, but I was surrounded by baby squishy arm things, spiky things and squishy no arms things. I was scared for a minute and raised my hands defensively...and then I remembered, I don’t have hands, I have claws no one can take from me. I reach out and snip the squishy arms into two four arm squishies so I keep snipping and eventually I get it into pieces small enough to eat. I am so happy about everything, there is so much food in this world! Though it does seem to all be running away, I don’t really care. I found a big rock and picked it up, then I dug a little hole and walked into it and put the rock out front before sleeping. I nuzzled my claws content that no one could take them from me.

After a nice nap I woke up and saw sun light streaming in around the rock through the tide pool, it was nice to see real sunlight, her world was covered in such smog that sunlight was a rare treat. I wanted to finish listening to the cute voice, so I spoke to the air. “Yo. Cute voice. You can talk now.”

-thinking of the words “system: Status open.”

You’ve been hurt for 5 health point by Mors Lithodidae!
You’ve attacked venenum polypus for 1 health point!
You’ve attacked venenum polypus for 1 health point!
You’ve attacked venenum polypus for 1 health point!
You’ve attacked venenum polypus for 1 health point!
You’ve attacked venenum polypus for 1 health point!
Venenum polypus has died!
10 experience points awarded!
You’ve consumed venenum polypus!
You’ve received minor poison, disease and degradation damage of 3 hp!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
You’ve received minor poison, disease and degradation damage of 3 hp!
You’ve gained the minor biological resistance trait!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
Digestion restores 1 hp!
Rest restores you to full health!

Whoa, that was a lot for the little guy to tell me, okay, “System: Status open”?

 

Name: N/A. Please Choose. Species: Brachyura inanis
Titles: Positive karma inheritor of a dead world. Traits: premature, Runt, brutish, minor resistance, nocturnal.
Health(HP): 15/15 Magic(MP): 0
Exhaustion: 0/25 Attribute points: 1
Trait points: 1 Name tokens: 1
Strength (STR): 1 [+0.25] Dexterity (DEX): 1
Endurance (END): 1 Intelligence (INT): 1 [-0.25]

"Cool! I can pick my name? No brainer! Clawdia! Ehh, ehh? Get it cute voice!?" I say to CV.

Understood!

 

8