chapter 17
58 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in the infirmary of the school with a major headache.

"Are you okay sweetie," the nurse asked me.

"yes ma'am, sorry for wasting your time. by the way, do you have spare glasses," I asked her while controlling the mist to make her give them to me.

"oh yes we do, wait here while I grab them," she said getting up from her chair and grabbing them from the cabinet.

"thank you ma'am and have a good day," I said leaving the nurse's office.

while walking I started putting enchantments to help me with my dyslexia. I want to do my best so I could make my mom proud.

I went to the first period and got many weird looks for my white hair, which I couldn't care about.

seems like my first class was English, and I also had Grover in this class, so that's a plus.

I sat next to him and Introduced myself, "hey I'm Percy."

his nose started twitching before he reluctantly responded, "Grover underwood."

that's how my life started again. Chiron came two days later but I was busy exercising and building up muscles because my old body is weak.

another fact is that Hestia's blessing was bonded to my soul, so even in this lifetime I could use my fire, and time powers.

miss Dodds also made an appearance at our school, but just like Chiron, they treated her like she was always there.

Nancy bobofit was not as bad as she was last time so that's a plus. I also stole one of the swords in Chiron's office so I could kill monsters easier.

when the day of the museum came I was prepared. I had a sword, my glasses, and my dignity.

we were eating lunch when M.s Dodds approached us and called me back to the museum.

I didn't give her time to transform and stabbed her straight in the back and whispered, "I didn't take it."

would that make me a prime suspect? yes. would that get hades attention toward me? yes. was that what I wanted? yes.

I joined my classmates outside and I could feel Chiron's gaze on me. I just ignored it to the best of my abilities and went on with lunch.

the weather was getting worse and I had to take control of the storm on a couple of occasions to avoid innocents death.

now that I'm redoing this I began to notice I was really irritated about this whole ordeal. after all, Poseidon could have just sworn on the Styx.

speaking of Styx, I was going to have to go visit my old friend when I go to the underworld.

"Are you okay," Grover asked me.

"I'm perfect, too bad I'm going to miss this place," I said looking at the class.

Grover probably sensed my emotions and he looked over at me.

"Are you okay? you've been acting strange lately. you always look like you're remembering something unpleasant," he said as he grabbed my shoulder.

"Don't worry G-man I'm fine, I just have a lot of things going on right now in life. now come on let's see how many pull-ups I could do before we have to leave," I said as I jumped on a pole.

a couple of the boys joined me trying to impress the girls however they weren't a match for me who has been doing this all the time.

I stopped when I felt an unpleasant gaze on me. I turned towards where I felt the gaze but I couldn't see anything.

"you alright man, you seemed like you saw a ghost," one of the guys asked me.

"what I sensed is much worst than a ghost," I said jokingly.

however, Grover picked up on this and sent a glance to Chiron. I pretended to not notice this exchange as we had to go back to the dorms.

the next morning was our Latin exam, and I got a 98% because I purposely misspelled Heracles. much to the surprise of my classmates.

on the last day of term, I had everything packed and I put the money that I had gotten away to. I was getting paid for being a bodyguard on occasion so I racked up almost 7k.

Grover and I took the same bus however this time it was different. I could feel a gaze on me from the woods.

I reached out my senses and saw Artemis tailing our bus. she appeared to be alone, but something felt off about her.

"Percy, if you need me for anything please call me," he said handing me the card.

"I will G-man. however, I'm pretty sure we will meet sooner than you think," I said.

"let me walk you home Percy, just in case," he said and I could see his pleading eyes.

"of course, you only got to worry about smelly Gabe, but then again I could get rid of him," I said thinking about what to do.

once we got off and Grover emptied his bladder, we made our way to my apartment.

the place was still messier than the last time, I ignored Gabe and grabbed him by his throat, and released some of my bloodlust.

"I want this place clean in ten minutes flat," I growled out and you could see the terror in his eyes.

"that goes for you too," I snared at his friends.

"sorry you had to see this Grover, some people are just scum," I said leading him to my room.

"is it always like that," he said looking back into the living room.

"usually but not anymore," I said cleaning my room.

Grover helped for the most part but I can feel my mom coming towards the house and I sat up and waited next to the door.

"Percy," my mom said opening the door.

"mother," I said appearing next to her and giving her a big hug.

a couple of years flew out of my eye but I told them to get back in there and they returned to my eye.

"I missed you," I said giving her one last hug before putting her back down on the floor.

I put her down and she noticed Grover sitting on the bed next to me.

"Hello, I'm Sally, Percy's mother," my mother said raising her hand.

"i- I'm Grover," he said nervously as he shook her hand.

"don't worry she's nice, so you have to worry about her judging you," I told him as I unpacked my stuff.

"Miss Jackson, may I speak to you, please," Grover asked nervously as he sent a glance toward me.

she seemed to catch on to what he was implying and led him outside of the room.

now that they were gone I looked outside directly at Artemis and sent her a wave. I knew that would mess with her for a while.

"Percy," my mom called out to me.

"yes mom," I said as I left my room.

Gabe who was sitting on the couch was visibly shaking and trying not to look at me, but he was lucky I don't do worse.

"pack your things sweetie, we are going to Montauk," she said as she looked pale.

"Really," I said excitedly and used my wand and packed some clothes.

after packing, Grover, my mom, and I made our way to Montauk. I felt the Minotaur a mile away from our position and my instincts kicked in.

I unfastened my mom's seatbelt and put her carefully but quickly in the back and I hopped into the driver's seat.

'can't even have a trip with my mother in peace,' I thought as I took control of the car and ignored the yells of my mother.

'let's see how this plays out,' I thought as I stepped on the gas.

4