Chapter 1: Knowing the non-God
1.3k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Well well well, look what I have around here, brat, do you have any idea of the situation you find yourself in?- A loud, deep and funny voice came from a strange creature, it was almost 3 meters tall, had 2 large horns on the sides of his forehead and 2 smaller ones near the middle, his skin was blood red, and from the waist down his body resembled that of a goat.

-I... I died... right?- I said calmly after looking around me a few times, everything was black, it was like being in the middle of absolute nowhere, and taking into account the last memories I had, thinking that my life was over was the most logical option.

-You seem terribly calm with this, brat, normally the first thing everyone does is scream, ask who I am, or start crying- He commented, his tone became more and more amused as he gave a smile showing his teeth like blades in a row that seemed capable of slicing through skin, flesh and bone as if they were nothing.

-Tell me, aren't you afraid?- He said, taking another step forward with each word, the tail that I hadn't noticed until now snaking behind him until with his last word he was in front of me.

I knew I should be nervous, I knew I should be afraid, I knew that I did not represent the slightest threat to this guy, that if he wanted he could use me as a chew toy and I would not be able to oppose him, almost everything about him told me that he was threatening me, from his appearance, to his voice, his attitude and even the way he stood, I had been in similar situations enough times to understand it well, and that was precisely why I was able to give my answer.

-You don't want to hurt me- I said.

-What?-

-Your eyes- I continued as I pointed at his face.

-I've seen it before, many times, no matter what he did or how much he hid it, my uncle always had that look when he wanted to hit me, you ... You don't have that look- I clarified while I looked at him, everything was silent for a few seconds after my words.

-Ha… haha… HAHAHAHAHAHA!- He laughed hysterically as his shape began to change, his size was reduced from 3 meters to my height, about 170 centimeters, his nudity was replaced by an elegant black suit like that of an important businessman, his horns sank into his forehead until disappear, his tail disappeared in a multitude of fiery red particles, in the end, he went from looking like what one would believe was a demon to a well dressed man in the first half of his twenties.

-It's been a long time since nobody caught me and made me laugh like that, boy, I like you- He said, still somewhat amusing as he wiped away an imaginary tear -Now that I had fun, and more than I had expected, it is time to move on to the important things- He said looking at me directly.

-You… are you God?- I asked him.

-Interesting question, God, huh? Tell me brat, do you believe in God?-

-Which god?-

-Excuse me?-

-What God are you asking me about? The Christian God? A Hindu God? Nordic one? An Olympian? An Egyptian? Yawe, Shiva, Vishnu, Odin, Zeus, Amon, Coatlicue, Dagda, The Jade Emperor, Huiracocha, Hunab Ku, Amaterasu, Shamash?-

-There are some important names that you just said, do you like mythology?-

-A bit, I always found it entertaining to read about fantasy stories-

-Fantasy stories, eh? So you don't believe in any of them?-

-No-

-And what if you were wrong? If I remember correctly, there are people in your world who say that even if there is no god, it is better to believe and be wrong than not do it so and suffer the consequences later-

-If there was a "good" God then I don't think he would care if I believe in him or not, just if I lived as it should be, if God exists and he doesn't like me for not believing in he, then I don't like him either and I don't I would like to be in his "paradise"-

-You say you're not afraid to anger God?-

-I'm scared to do it, but even so, if I didn't choose the right one, wouldn't he be angry anyway? And if I believe in him because of fear, would it not be sincere, and if he is God would he know, would that not make him angry too? No matter the answer, I will end up bothering him, the best proof of respect I can offer is my sincerity-

A smile of amusement made its way into his expression -You are definitely entertaining, brat, it makes me want to have you here for a while just to hear your opinions on different topics, I know that at least it would be better than listening to most idiots who end up here, some are boring religious, others, atheists just as closed as the religious they hate so much, the annoying ones who think they are unique and are confident, and above all those idiots with a "unique" sense of humor irritate me- He said as his expression told me that he remembered something that was bothering him.

-But the line behind you is long and I promised myself that even if I found someone interesting I would not stretch their time of stay too much, so let's move on, for now I have found you "worthy" to move on to the next phase- He said snapping my fingers, I instantly felt a surge of feelings rush through my being and I found myself gasping because the burden.

-You ... what ... did you ... do to me- I said between breaths as I felt somewhat annoyed and nervous.

-Don't worry, I just released the restriction you had, the thing is that to prevent the minds of those who come to this place from turning to mush I put a small insurance, it reduces emotions a little and helps to understand and accept the situation for those who arrive, although that only to the extent that the person is capable, after all, as you will see, I cannot wait half an hour for those who come to calm down to exchange words and evaluate them-

-Who… No, what are you?- I corrected myself.

-I'm just a random higher entity- He replied with a smile.

-So, are you God?-

-No, you said it yourself, you don't believe in any God, besides, I don't like the title either, after all, what really makes someone a "God"? Higher entity sounds much better, don't you think?-

-Something like an inhabitant of the fourth dimension?-

-Close enough, although the fourth is to fall a little short-

My mind drifted as I thought of the man's words, in my mind the silhouette of a certain goblin belonging to the fifth dimension was formed.

-It's quite rude to think of other dimensional entities while you're already talking to one-

-"I ... did I say that?"- I thought, my eyes widened in surprise at what I thought might have happened.

-You didn't, but what kind of superior being would I be if I couldn't at least read minds?- He said confirming my assumption -And to answer your question comparing me to that midget, we are not the same, putting him as an equal is a little insulting to me and takes you away some points that you won before-

-Points?-

-To put it in a way that you can understand, everything that exists is simply the reflection of something in a higher dimension- He explained ignoring my question -In the same way that a square is simply a section of a cube, the triangle of a pyramid or the circle of a sphere, you seem intelligent so you will understand that the cube, the sphere and the pyramid are…- He stopped, looked at me and made a signal with his hand for me to continue the idea.

My mind raced, I knew the concepts that this "man" was talking about from my readings about Lovecraft -The cube, the sphere and the pyramid with their 3 dimensions correspond to simple sections of other four-dimensional figures, and these in turn, they are also simple sections of five-dimensional figures, but…. if the scales keep rising like that, then they would reach archetypal infinity- I said the last part in almost a whisper trying to think if that could be true or not.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

The slow applause rang out -Good, pretty good, kid-

-But there is a problem with that-

-Oh? Then surprise me with your reasoning-

-An entity of a higher dimension cannot interact directly with one of a smaller scale, that's why someone from the third dimension cannot do something like touch their shadow, and if you say that you are from a higher dimension then...- I said while he was looking directly at him, his smile started to grow even more.

-You are an avatar- It seemed that every word I said pleased him more and more until his smile threatened to split his face.

-Now it's a fact, kid, you just entered my top 5 of the most entertaining just for this conversation, although I won't tell you what position you occupy- He said quite satisfied -Everything you said is correct, you are not really in front of "me", this…- He said pointing to his body -It´s just an avatar-

-But then, if the dimensions are infinite, which one do you belong to?-

-Who knows?- He said while shrugging -What I am is not really what is important here but what I offer you, don't you think your life was a bit short? I mean, you were barely going to turn 17 in a couple of months, what would you say if I offered you the opportunity to start over? To live again, to-

-I want to do it- I said interrupting him, he just stopped and looked at me something curious so I continued -I want to live a life in which I do not leave regrets, where even if I fail, know that I did everything possible to be happy, I ... I wasn´t able to do it last time, so if there is a chance that I will try again, I want to take it-

The man looked at me thoughtfully for a few seconds -That's a very impulsive and sentimental decision for someone who seems so smart- He said as he crossed his arms -But it's that kind of thing that makes you human- He finished with a smile.

-Well, kid, since you've decided then let's do it, and since you've entertained me so much, I'll give you an extra- He said aloud as he raised his hands and a kind of undulating portal appeared in front of me.

-Put your hand there and take one of the options, once you do, give it to me, that will be the world where you will go-

With a slight tremor due to nerves I nodded and my hand moved to the portal, when it went through it was like putting my hand in a pool of warm water, I felt that I was touching some round things the size of a tennis ball and then moving my fingers between some I taked one.

When my hand came out with the ball the portal closed, looking at the object in my hand, it was a transparent ball that in its center seemed to have several swirling lights of different colors, after seeing it for a few seconds I could not identify anything so I threw it at the man.

-Interesting option, I almost expected you to get the usual one- He said as the sphere vanished in his hand -Now the next thing, this will be your main ability, by which your body will be governed-

-Main skill?- I asked a little confused.

-Have you seen all those isekai novels, movies and series?- He answered my question with another, and in response I simply nodded -Well, this is more or less the same, you will go to a magical world to live your new life, incredible, don´t you think?-

-Will I have to fight some kind of demon king?- I was a little nervous if that was the case.

-Who knows? Maybe yes, maybe no, the answers to that type of question you will have to find out yourself, now your power, you will take one among the great multitude that exist throughout the omniverse, I would recommend crossing your fingers- He pointed when a new portal opened to my right.

Swallowing nervously I pushed my hand through the portal and the sensation was similar to the previous one, warm water covering my limb and balls dancing between my fingers, after a particularly long breath I took one from the crowd and pulled it quickly, just like the previous one, this one was also transparent with different colors dancing in the center.

After looking at it for a few seconds hoping to recognize something of it, I gave up and threw it at the man.

-Not bad, definitely a pretty versatile one, if you use your head and put in effort you could do some pretty crazy things- He said after looking it, a second later it vanished like the first.

-And finally, normally only those who get a golden ball can use this portal, but for having entertained me more than the last millions, take it as a small bonus, the house invites, this will be a secondary benefit, it can be something without a lot of importance like the ability to tell the exact temperature of the water, something useful like night vision, or something really OP like total precognition in battle- He explained as he waved me to continue.

Without waiting a second I reached into the last portal and took the first one that touched my hand, giving a quick glance at the ball when it came out of the portal in case it was different, I threw it to the man after not noticing a difference with the previous.

-And we haaaaaave…- He said lengthening the word -Something much more useful than I expected- He said something astonished -For a starter pack it is something quite good, you will not be a power from the beginning, but with some work nobody in that world could take you lightly-

-Are you not going to tell me what my abilities are?- I asked, waiting for an explanation of them.

-Now, where would the fun be in that? Don't worry, once you wake them up and use them for the first time, you will know exactly what they are and where they come from-

-That's kind of unfair, but I guess I don't have a choice, right?-

-You are correct- He said with a somewhat mocking tone before getting serious again -Now let me give you a little warning, you know the world you will go to, or normally you would, but as a small fee all your memories associated with that world will be removed-

-What? Why's that?-

-As I said, it's a small fee, and lest you hammer your brain thinking about what you may or may not remember, this part of the conversation will also disappear from your mind, believe me, in the long run it will make your life easier, after all you cannot live a full life if you are only thinking about what will happen tomorrow, but even without your memories I am sure that you will prepare the best possible, you will only remember what I said until the part about awakening your abilities- He said smiling.

-Wait a moment I w-

I wanted to say something else when his index finger pushed my forehead interrupting me, everything began to blur and the last I heard was -Live your life as you want Julian, nobody can decide for you from now-

30