Back
437 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up in a soft bed after 5 years made me almost want to stay asleep forever, but same as in my past life, once I woke up, I couldn't go back to sleep. It was both a gift and a curse, but in this case definitely a curse.

'Oh, how I missed you, soft mattress, you seductress. Still, I must leave your embrace but fear not I will return again.' I thought to myself as I got up to wash up.

Looking in the bathroom mirror at myself, my magnificent beard was gone, my height was gone, and my ruggedness was gone as well.

'All those gains, gone. The worst part is definitely my beard, it was so magnificent and beautiful. Oh well, I can grow the beard again, and at least my training didn't reverse itself. Boy, talk about gains.' I thought before washing up. As I was in the shower, I realized that I hadn't checked the Status page in almost 5 years, so I opened it up.

[Status]

Name: Matt Garetty

Gender: Male

Race: Human/Mutate (Expand)

Bloodline: N/A

Age: 18

Title: Genius, Youngest Doctor Ever, Doctor, Blood Axe, Owl

DGC Pts: 23,230

~

Character Tokens

- Dr. Gregory House (Expand)

~

Skills/Abilities/Talents

- Telekinesis (Expand)

- Omega-1 Nanite (Expand)

- Perspective Minimum +

- Nen (Expand)

  - Mind Palace (Expand)

~

Assets

-  49% of Shinomiya Zaibatsu (Expand)

~

Inventory

-  ~$90,000 USD

- Rare Item Voucher

- Clothes (Expand)

- Steel Axe (Skyrim)

- Yautja Ship (Expand)

- God-King Axe

- Coins (Expand)

'I have five titles? How long has it been since I opened my Status page, that I didn't even see the first three? But Blood Axe and Owl, huh? Nice. I love that title. Owl. One word conveys so many different meanings.

That asset sub-tab is also new, and I can expand it to see everything under the shares I own. Talk about convenience. I'm also glad the clothes and coins all fall under expandable items, I would hate to have a cluttered inventory. That item voucher is still burning a hole in my inventory, but I don't want to waste it.

I was thinking of using it to get an item or ability that lets me speak all types of languages, and I still might, but Cyberpunk has auto-translation items I could mimic with my nanites. I'll save it, for now, might come in handy.'

After showering and grooming, I exited the shower and went downstairs to the restaurant within the hotel to eat some breakfast. But after seeing the menu, I realized it was too fancy for my tastes, so I left to find a good old-fashion diner.

~~

Entering my room after a very delicious breakfast, I sat down on the couch and began to go over my future plans.

'Okay, loose plans for the future. Being a doctor, it feels like I haven't been a doctor at all because of how busy the days have been since I got to New York and then being in Guts' world for so long. Being a traveling doctor is a little tougher than I expected. One option I can think of is to open a clinic in the poorer areas of the city and treat people there for free.

The other is for me to go to a hospital, get hired, and treat people that way, but then I'll most likely only treat people who can afford it which is the opposite of what I want. A free clinic seems to be the best option right now, so I'll think up some plans and ideas for that.

Starting a tech company with the technology from Cyberpunk would allow me to help more people than by doing the first one, or I can do both. But before I create a tech company, I need to find someone who can help me run the company when I'm not there and I would like to go to Scholar's world. I can use the World Travel function to go over, "borrow" some information real quick, and then come back.

Once I start the company, the first thing I'll create will be a phone and operating system. Both of these will generate a revenue stream that is both steady and large in amount, especially if I make it better than anything on the market. Then I can venture into the computer sector before I decide to slowly and steadily lay my grasp on every important aspect of society. I'll create the megacorporation of my world but not one like in Cyberpunk. I want to create a megacorporation to help the world as a whole.

One of the things that I hated about living in such a normal world in my past life is how helpless I felt when I read the news. Seeing the planet slowly become uninhabitable, the injustices on the daily, the rich continuing their lavish lifestyle while the poor struggle to survive, patronizing donations from multi-billion dollar companies that won't accomplish anything but will make them look better for the media. All of that is something I can change now. And if I have to infiltrate every aspect of society with my company to do so, I will.

I got into a mood there, didn't I? Guess I've been holding in some resentment towards my past life that I didn't even realize. But besides that slightly brooding and intense feel to it, the plan sounds good. If worse comes to worst, I can always try to make Mars inhabitable and move everyone who wants to live in a free and nice world there. Ooh, that sounds too idealistic, but I get the gist of it.

Anyways, besides my company, I also want to buy some cars that I always wanted to get in my past life. I have the money for it now, or I will have it soon, but I don't have a place to put them. I'll think about it some more when I get my dividends from the company.

The other thing that I just recently thought about is buying a company. What company specifically? Riot Games. The company that created League of Legends and the cause of my past life's addiction. But I want to buy it before Tencent, if they exist here, buys it so I can use the IPO of League to springboard into more things in the future. Not to mention, lead the company down a path where they don't become a greedy shill for money but leave their game unbalanced which eventually leads it to become unfun.

Phew, sounds like I'm going to be busy in the future. Well, I'd rather be busy doing something meaningful than waste my time like in my last life. But right now, I want to sit back and relax for a day or two before I get started with my plans.'

I turned on the television and began flipping through channels until I recognized one of the shows, Prescription Passion, the soap that House enjoyed so much, so I decided to give it a try. After watching the show for a few minutes, I had to turn it off.

"That was horrible. I mean soaps are usually bad, but that was beyond bad. How does House even watch that?" I said while standing up.

"I don't have anything immediate to do right now, so I guess I can read some academic papers on medicine and other fields. But, I don't have my laptop with me, so I'll have to go buy one, and it'll give me a chance to interact with a lot of the computers, even though I don't really need to, but since I'll already be there, why not. Maybe I'll stumble upon a quest who knows?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

A little optimistic and heroic, I know, but just an idea. A little bit of a boring chapter, but a necessary one, IMO.

17