Talk Shop
478 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating Chinese takeout, Ciri went to watch TV while I called Hana to invite her over to talk business.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Matt!" shouted Ciri as I exited the restroom and made my way to the door before opening it.

"Hana, I'm sorry to make you come over but I'd rather do this in person. Come in." I said.

"It's fine. Being cautious with what you have is only to be expected." she said as she entered the suite.

"Who was it, Matt?" said Ciri as she looked over from the couch.

"It's my new employee." I said jokingly.

"You still haven't officially hired me, yet." said Hana.

"Right. Anyway, Ciri this is Hana Kirisaki. Hana this is Ciri, my girlfriend." I said causing her to raise an eyebrow at me.

"Don't worry she can be trusted." I said, understanding what she was trying to get at.

"If you say so. Nice to meet you." she said walking over and shaking Ciri's hand.

"Likewise. I'll go to the bedroom so you guys can talk." she said getting up.

"You can stay." I said.

"I know, but I want to watch TV." she said as she entered the bedroom and shut the door.

"She's pretty." said Hana.

"Thank you!" said Ciri from the bedroom.

"Want anything to drink?"

"Water's fine." she said before I poured her a glass of water and we sat down at the dining table.

"Mind if I smoke?" I said as I pulled out my pack of Cancer-Free cigarettes to try for the first time.

"You're a doctor and you smoke?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I also drink alcohol and eat processed meat. Carcinogens are everywhere around us. Almost as if the Earth wants to get rid of us." I said as I quickly spent 1 point to buy a lighter in the Shop that I pulled out of my pocket.

"Go ahead." she said as I pulled one out, put it in my mouth, and lit it.

"When did you quit smoking?" I asked.

"How'd you know?"

"You always have candy in your mouth. Smokers that quit usually need something to take over the oral fixation that's created from smoking." I said while taking a drag.

"When my daughter was born."

"That's nice." I said putting out the cigarette.

"You don't have to stop smoking for me. I'm used to it." she said.

"I was done with my cigarette. So, shall we begin?" I said.

"Of course. First off, we need to discuss finances. I'm assuming you're well off considering where you're staying, but starting a company is a whole different beast. There are two ways we can do this, we can get some investors in the company or round up enough money to create and sell enough products to keep us going before we expand."

"I'm keeping the company private, no investors. Any and all shares in the company will be handed out by me to those who deserve them."

"Option 2 it is."

"No, option 3. I have enough capital to go big in the beginning before really exploding."

"I'm sure you have more than enough money for yourself but running a company is no easy task. It's a whole different ball game." she said before she took a sip of her water.

"2.5B."

PFFTT

"What did you say?" she said while I wiped the water off my face.

"I have 2.5B available as capital. And I'm pretty sure I could get some more if need be."

"Sorry about the water, but where'd you get so much money from? You're a doctor." she asked, composed again.

"Well since we'll be working closely together from now on, I might as well tell you. I own 49% of the Shinomiya Zaibatsu." I said making her jaw fall open.

"4-49%?"

"Yes."

"Of the Shinomiya Zaibatsu?"

"Yes."

"Are you lying?"

"No." I said straight-faced while she studied my expression for a few seconds.

"Then can I ask you one thing?"

"Why am I starting my own company when I own 49% of the Zaibatsu and don't ever have to work a day in my life again and/or I could use the Zaibatsu to release my products without having to worry about anything?" I said.

"Yes."

"Because it's not mine."

"So, it's an ego thing?"

"I suppose you could say that, but I consider it more of a natural response as a human. If I asked you to tell me the names of the inventors that created the first 4K television, would you be able to do that?" I asked.

"LG." she said before realization hit her.

"Exactly. No human likes to have their credit stolen from them. They may say they're fine with it, but deep down they're not. They want the recognition they deserve. And in an environment like a company, where you only work for them, you'll never get that. Unless you're a genius. Now, considering I own 49% of the Zaibatsu, it wouldn't be a problem at all. But, I want to be the genius inventor, the man at the forefront of technology, the richest man alive, and the father of the future.

Is that egotistical? Yes, it is. But I know that I will use both my money and my genius for good, so why can't I be a little egotistical? My intentions are pure, enough." I said, causing her to fall into silence for a few moments.

"Okay then. Option 3 it is then. But now we have to brainstorm something that would be easy to sell while garnering a lot of interest." she said while rubbing her chin in contemplation.

"Smartphone."

"No, Apple is taking up all the market there."

"Not completely. In the future, they will, but if we barge in now, we'll be able to gobble up the market before their image is cemented into the public eye."

"It already is. People consider having an Apple product superior to any counterpart."

"Yes, but it's not like that for the entire population just yet. But if they continue on the path they're going without any obstructions, I think they'll get there. Too bad for them, we're going to stop that."

"Okay, if you're this adamant about entering the phone market, you must have something that gives you confidence."

"I do, but I don't have a physical product at the moment. It's all in here." I said tapping my head.

"Sigh, okay. You're the boss so if you want to venture into the phone market, we will. But you better have something that'll blow the competition out of the water, something so much better than anything else, no one will be able to beat us."

"Don't worry, but let's put a pin in that. There's a company I want to buy or at least get a majority share in."

"Oh? Must be something you see value in if you want to buy it. What's it called?"

"Riot Games." I said with a reminiscent smile.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I hadn't gotten around to playing League in this life which is both a happy thing and a sad thing. Still, though, the potential that League has both as a game and a franchise is enormous and with my help/intervention, it'll hopefully reach heights unlike ever before.

"A video game company?"

"Yup. I have a feeling that video games will experience a boom in popularity in the future all around the world, and Riot Games is the developer for a game that has the potential to be something great. I want to buy the company before someone else does."

"Why do you think that video games will experience a boom?" she asked curiously.

"It's only natural. Video games have always been interesting to people and as technology advances and graphics become better, more people will start playing games. More people playing games leads to the creation of bigger and better games that look better than before which leads to more people buying the game and thus the cycle continues.

People look down on the video game industry right now because they think it's a joke and for children, but I don't think so. The video game industry is one of the fastest growing and most profitable industries of the future." I explained to her.

"Okay. Riot Games, I'll look into them. The next thing would be to start the business, but I'll take care of all that. You'll just need to sign some papers and transfer the funds when needed. By the way, have you come up with a name for the company?" she asked.

"I have."

"What is it?"

"Owl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

Next chapter we jump into a mission! How long will the mission last, I don't know yet. But I'm aiming for longer than the other ones, so 20ish chaps, hopefully, more. I've already decided on the world and I think you'll like it.

15