Notice
221 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First things first, Happy New Year! Hope you all had a fun celebration, I know I did since I slept a lot, and here's to a better year!

Secondly, I have decided to reboot/rewrite Chronicles of a Telekinetic with a Group Chat.

I mulled things over while I was on hiatus from it and concluded that I didn't like how I had written it. Especially the group chat aspect of the story, which I've come to realize that while I do enjoy it, I also don't which is in part due to the story always becoming bad. Bad because some characters have to be pushed to the sidelines for the MC and his relationship to shine, but that in itself is contradictory to the entire premise of the group chat. Not only that, I don't think I've ever seen a group chat story come to a conclusion, probably because of the aforementioned reason. And also the convoluted nature of managing so many different storylines from different worlds. Of course, it's also entirely likely that I'm just a bad writer, but that's neither here nor there in terms of my little rant.

I digress.

This reboot of the novel will still begin with the premise of a transmigrator waking up in Matt's body right after the three of them get their powers. And it will have a system, but not a sentient one nor an overbearing one.

The system's main purpose will be to occasionally give the MC a mission that he can accept, or deny without consequence, to travel to a different world/dimension to complete some missions before returning home, with rewards of course. The system will also contain a shop, inventory, and world travel function that will only be able to be used with worlds he has done missions on.

But, and this is a big but, the story will be heavily slice of life. I'd say 75/25 with slice of life being the 75. No, maybe more 70/30. Anyway, the point is the missions will be spaced out so that the MC can develop his life in his world, which is one thing I really hated that I messed up in the first iteration. I will also try to write it so that the story progresses faster, and not one scene per chapter. Whether this impacts the release schedule will remain to be seen.

And speaking of his world, it will also be an amalgamation of different works, but it will be so from the get-go. I also haven't decided if I will add supernatural-type works, but most likely not. If I do, it'll be low-level stuff like ghosts and spirits or something like Teen Wolf, not DxD or Supernatural.

Another thing that I messed up in the first iteration was the power scaling, so if his first few rewards are low-level abilities or items, don't be too surprised. I'm also considering going for the randomized route for his rewards which will make me write around his rewards and incorporate them in an interesting way, not sure yet, however.

Also, originally in the first iteration, the MC's first reward was going to be the Omnitrix with some of the "weaker" aliens and I just wanted to ask here if you guys think that's too OP of a first item since I still kinda want to do it. Of course, it would be a nerfed version but just want your opinions.

Also, his powers will be Psychokinesis this time around since I think that's what they actually have rather than just the broad term Telekinesis. Even though Andrew says it's like a muscle, I think that was more of just his way of him getting used to it. And his anger amplifying it, plus the nosebleeds, leads me to believe it is PK rather than TK.

On the aspect of romance, we'll see. I don't have anyone locked in, nor from any world, so I'll just go with what my gut tells me. Or put it to a vote eventually, we'll see.

Although I am still leaning towards Ciri since she is one of my favorite female characters in video games.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to explain, at least I think it is, if I do think of something else I'll mention it in an author note later on.

Sorry to those who enjoyed Chronicles of a Telekinetic with a Group Chat, but I hope you'll enjoy its new iteration just as much. The first chapter will be up tomorrow, so see you then. Appreciate all the previous support and I hope you enjoy it.

2