Chapter 2: Childhood
1.1k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1: Samael Constantine

--Year 1982--

It's been 6 months since I was born in the world of Marvel (more like reborn).

When I first woke up I was in a room with bunch of other babies. I was a bit panicked for a few moments before remembering everything.

Did you know that newborn babies can't see much and what we do see is blurry. Thankfully I could hear just fine. Otherwise it would've been quite disorienting (not like having blurry eyesight and half-responding body wasn't).

Once I was able to move my arms and legs -and my eyesight improved- I started observing my surroundings.

The room I was in looked a little worn out but alright overall. There were a bunch of cribs and other stuff needed for raising babies. The walls had child friendly drawings and there were a few stuffed toy to play.

There were a few other babies with me too.

There was a nun that checked in on me every few minutes.

This lead me to conclude that I was in a church or something.

The next 6 months let me confirm a few things which I already knew or suspected. Most of it thanks to the gossiping nuns around me, because apparently I'm a very cute baby.

So I'm an orphan. I was found right outside the orphanage on 24th April 1982 and the orphanage matron brought me in. After a few weeks I was officially part of the orphanage and given a name.

Samael Constantine,

When asked by everyone why I was given such a name. The matron answered that it just seemed to fit me and I would do great things in the future, everyone just left it at that as the matron was a nun in her 80s and everyone respected her enough to honour her decisions.

Though she looks a bit younger.

And Yes, this is a Catholic Orphanage. And what makes it ironic and amusing is that I am named after 'The Devil' or 'Lucifer'.

But fear not, they don't discriminate based on people's name. They are very kind (at least to my knowledge).

In fact I live quite a comfortable life.

As I'm a baby right now, I can laze around all I want.

Though not having control of your own bladder is highly inconvenient and embarrassing.

Anyways,

I've also came to know that Mutants, Stark Industries, Baxter Foundation, Oscorp, Latveria and the likes exist.

All of this points to this universe being similar to comics except Howard Stark is still alive and Tony looks like a teenage RDJ, Captain America is still in ice and looks like Chris Evans, Oscorp is still in it's beginning phases.

And I found all of this just by listening to the orphanage matron's radio and seeing newspapers as Internet kinda doesn't exist right now and cable's too expensive.

(Learning to crawl wasn't that hard once I got my arms and legs in control)

'I have to say, I'm quiet a resourceful guy.' I thought to myself and mentally patted myself on the back.

I've got to say that I'm very fond and close with the old matron. I've started to consider her as a grandmother to me. And from what I've seen she too considers me as a sorta grandson.

Back to the topic at hand,

Most of the evidence points towards this universe being similar to MCU but with comic elements. But I can't be sure.

Why? Because this is Marvel. Where you should expect the unexpected. Where a Universe Destroying Threat is just another tuesday.

For all I know this universe could be the clusterfuck mixture of ALL the universes.

The danger level of this universe just went up a notch in my opinion.

Fortunately, I have an Super OP power. Unfortunately, it's locked until I'm seven in this new life.

And I've checked, I tried to activate it by trying everything I was able to.

Honestly, it's weird trying to do a Kamehameha in a baby's body or trying to perform Telekinesis.

So, for now I will just enjoy my easy and comfortable lifestyle.

--Timeskip--

--Year 1985--

Living in a church for 3 years makes you very humble. Sharing everything with everyone, Being grateful for every meal, the kindness.

It truly humbles and gives peace to oneself.

Right now I'm 4 years old. And me along with the other kids have recently started being taught reading alphabets and numbers by Father Jack.

Oh! And I've finally found out the name of the matron, it's Lily. I normally call her Granny. In fact, my first words were 'Granny'.

[Granny Lily Image In Author's Notes]

The joy I saw on her face would always be one of my most cherished memories ever.

I have also started eating normal food. It's just mashed potatoes, fruits and bread but it's enough.

Right now me and my fellow 'siblings' were playing using our teddy bears as pokemons.

I have also checked my appearance and I have to say I'm quite beautiful (more like cute). I have blonde hair, red eyes and a cute face. 

(The doctor said that my red eyes are a mutation)

I've resolved to keep long hair when I grow up as most of the badass people have long hair.

What! Don't judge me! I like to act cool and mysterious. It's not like I was going to get another chance to be reborn in a previously-believed-to-be-fictional universe.

I was going to enjoy my easy life before it became too hectic.

Mutants, Aliens, Mystical Threats, Gods, Cosmic Entities were just to name a few.

But I would leave the worrying to the future me.

The orphanage/church is located in Austin, Texas by the way. So I have developed a slight Southern Accent and habits.

Which means that I am FAR away from New York AKA The Ground Zero For Chaos.

Other than this there's nothing new.

--Timeskip--

--Year 1988--

I am 6 years old now. Last year we started elementary school. It was boring for me as I already knew everything. This of course gave me beyond excellent marks.

Granny was (obviously) happy because of it, so I was happy. She was probably the most important person in the world for me right now.

I have also started learning to play piano by Father Jack.

[Father Jack Image In Author's Notes]

I started learning for no other reason than curosity and boredom.

Not everything is for some reason guys, sometimes it's just for my enjoyment.

It seems I have some sort of inner talent for piano because I am great at it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that the talent extends towards other instruments because when I played guitar it seemed as if a banshee was screeching.

I didn't even know that a guitar could make sounds like that!

I made some new 'friends' in my class though. They were more like an acquantaince because I couldn't really connect or relate with any of them.

Yay! Go Socializing!

But humans are social creatures. I couldn't just isolate myself and be a 'lone wolf' or an 'emo edgelord', it wasn't really mentally healthy for me.

There were already too many Reality Warpers with mental health issues.

I have also joined the church choir. We sing every Sunday and Christmas.

It was enjoyable.

"Hey! Would you like to play tag with us?" Asked one of my fellow orphan, David.

"Yeah, sure." I said as we walked up to the other kids.

Life was easy.

=================

And Done!

We see Samael's childhood and a few interactions with his new world.

I'll try to make interactions between people as natural I could but sorry in advance if isn't good enough (amateur author here).

Thank you for the positive response to the first chapter! It really motivates (and inspires) me to write a chapter faster as I'm quite lazy or too busy to write a chapter.

It takes me some time to write a chapter so updates may be inconsistent.

The next chapter will probably be uploaded next week as I had this and the previous chapters already written.

Next Chapter- Chapter 3: School

Granny Lily Image- https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/545850417343092157/

Father Jack Image-https://images.app.goo.gl/EZ7EPqHypYTHUxF69

36