Chapter 8: And The Training Arc Continues…
741 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1: Samael Constantine

...

Fuck it.

It's taking too along for me to complete this chapter (I'm lazy af)

So I've decided to split this chapter in two.

First is this one. And the second would be posted once it's complete.

The original full chapter was supposed to end this whole training arc in one fell swoop but it's taking me to long to complete.

Plus I just wanted to put out a chapter cause I was feeling bad about leaving you guys without one for so long.

This one is a 2700 words long chapter so it's the above average size.

Enjoy!

...

<3rd Person POV>

--Garden, OAA's Planet, Domain Of The One Above All--

--Next Day--

In a pristine garden you can see a old man and a young boy.

The old man has many wrinkles on his face and a head full of white hair. The old man has black-rimmed reading glasses and is wearing a green sweater above a white shirt and cream coloured pant with black office shoes. The old man had a presence of peacefulness and love. He seemed like just an non-threatening old grandpa.

[IMAGE At Last Of The Chap]

While the young boy could be defined as divinely cute, he has majestic medium sized blonde hair and ruby like eyes. He was wearing a black T-Shirt with a white Superman logo and dark blue trousers. He had a lean body which was tall for his age and had a non-existent presence but if someone could sense and 'look' deeper they would be greeted by a overwhelming pressure that would make even the strongest of Gods run with their tail between their legs.

<Samael POV>

Illusions of great battles lost to time played out in front of me as I listened on in awe and curiosity.

Omniverses were destroyed, Creator Gods were killed as the Outer Gods Invaded, Chaos and Madness reigned throughout The Existence and The Megaverse was on the verge of Destruction.

Then came the Seven bright figures of Creators. United and the Last of their kind. They Battled and they Protected. And finally they drove out and sealed the Outer Gods with their combined power.

But...

"-After the repulsion and subsequent sealing of The Outer Gods, the immediate threat had passed... But because of the damage their Invasion and our final battle caused, the Megaverse was slowly but surely breaking and being destroyed into nothingness." One Above All narrated gloomily while illusions of their battles played out in front of me.

"We tried everything to fix it... To recreate it back to the way it was... But nothing worked." He continued far-away look but slowly a smile could be seen spreading on his face as he continued with a resolute tone "But at last, we found a solution. A final ray of Hope."

'Man, he really puts emotions into this, doesn't he?' I wondered.

"What we found was that if, all Seven of Us combined our divine powers and isolated individual sectors of the Megaverse, we could sustain them infinitely..." He continues dramatically.

"BUT! It would not be without a price, once the 'ritual' takes effect we would never be able to leave our own 'domains'"

"Seeing as there was no other choice, All Seven Creator Gods arrived at the centre of Creation and Existence where we initiated the 'Ritual'. It succeeded without a problem, the infinite Megaverse was divided into 7 equal sectors each, one for each of us..."

"And once the 'Ritual' finished we said our farewells and goodbyes and went our own ways... To this day I miss my fellow brothers and sisters even if I'm not in touch with most of them anymore." He says wistfully.

"And so the tale of The Outer God Invasion and of the Megaverse Partition came to an end with the Megaverse returning to peace... for now.

The End." He finished ominously.

...

'Hmmm, the ending was oddly ominous...' I shook my head.

It's probably not anything important.

But all things considered, OAA was a phenomenally great storyteller.

He could make a living out of it (not that he needed a job or something).

Leaving OAA's job situation aside, today's topic about the Outer God Invasion was eye opening to say the least.

I had a few thoughts about whether they were real or not Outer Gods but I never imagined this...

From what I know from fanfictions and my own meta-knowledge, The Outer Gods are the pinnacle of all existence and were the personification of Destruction, Madness and Chaos.

Not to mention their ringleader who was on another level entirely and could probably destroy everything and has been said to be 'dreaming' a whole Omniverse up.

I had chills just thinking about him.

At least it's a good thing that all of them are sealed, right?

...

Did I just raise a red flag?!

Please don't say I did...

...

I wanna kill myself...

Sigh, no use thinking about it.

We'll deal with it when it gets there...

There was also the topic of the New Megaverse and Seven Creator Gods.

From what OAA has told me he doesn't have much or any communication with the other Creators, the only one he is still in touch with is The Presence from the 'studio' next door.

Ignoring the topic of DC, this assured me of my dream of traveling the Megaverse one day despite the countless dangers that lied within it.

To go on a grand adventure in the pirate world and to become the Pirate King and bang Nami.

To travel the shinobi world and bang Tsunade.

To join the Justice League and bang Wonder Woman and Zatanna.

To bang the hot ladies of Highschool DxD.

What? I'm a healthy and straight young boy alright! It would be weird if I didn't have any thoughts like this! (Even if I was too young physically to do anything right now).

Leaving the thought of banging hot women aside, I really did want to explore and go on adventures in the greater Megaverse.

To fight Legendary Battles with Legendary Figures...

My blood boiled in excitement from just thinking about it.

But,

But I knew I was far from ready.

The Megaverse was a dangerous and cruel place (I gathered this much from all the tales OAA tells me) and I was not ready to face it's cruelties.

So (for now) I would be patient and try to gain and explore everything that the Marvel-Verse had to offer and also train [Reality Warping] to it's highest potential.

There were many mysteries surrounding my reincarnation and countless dangers lurking but I would still keep moving forward...

Until I Destroy my enemies...

...

Not gonna lie, I've always wanted to say that.

I guess I can check that off my list now.

...

...

...

After giving out homework, OAA dismissed me for the day and then went off to go and prepare dinner (Yes, he does that).

When I had asked why doesn't he just use his powers for it he had answered-

"Sometimes you have to enjoy the little joys of life kiddo. If you use Reality Warping or any kind of superpower for every small thing then your life will become too boring and you will go mad with boredom." He had advised with the ever-happy smile on his face.

Seriously, the only time I've seen him sad or angry is either when he is recounting some sad tale or when he oversaw my brutal training methods.

"So it's best to use your special abilities responsibly, so that we may not become too dependent upon them." He has said. 

And truthfully? It was a pretty sound advise.

...

While OAA prepared dinner, I went back to my room to meditate.

My method of meditation was what you could call... special.

I had found it in the book that OAA gave me, it improved and strengthened my mental power and mental energy as I meditated (and of course it also had the effect of calming my mind).

Mental Power and Energy were one of the key components that were required for me to warp Reality. Alongside Willpower, Imagination and Ambition.

Using meditation I was able to enhance my mind by 0.01% per full day of meditation. So while it worked, it was a slow, boring and time consuming journey.

But of course it wasn't the only way to increase Mental Strength. There were currently two more ways that I knew of and was currently using.

They were (as you know) the 'Painful' method and the 'Studying' method.

By far the 'Painful' method was the fastest and most fruitful one but it was also tortuous as it broke down my mind to rebuild it stronger than before and kept repeating this same process until OAA stops it.

It was the perfect example of 'No Pain, No Gain'.

The 'Studying' path was more of a extension of 'Meditation' path than anything else as it existed only to support it.

Right now my brain and mental prowess has improved enough that I can proudly say that I was just one step away from Multiversal at this point.

But I was missing something and I can't figure out what.

Asking OAA didn't help much. He only gave some cryptic answers which basically summed up to 'I had to figure this out on my own'.

He also told me to treat this as a homework or a side-project and if I couldn't figure it out by the time of my 'graduation' he would tell me himself.

Sigh...

So besides all the training and everything, my life and schedule was pretty sollid. When I had free time I would either play the piano, play some video game with OAA or see some movie or show.

I snorted as I just remembered how my situation was very much like a cliche isekai protagonist.

I was also a Reincarnator with a OP 'goldenfinger'. I was reincarnated to a world I was very familiar with. I had a wise old master which lived alone. I was on a long 'training arc' which would only make me more OP.

...

"Hmmm... Could I be considered a Main Character now?" I was seriously considering this.

But where was my harem of 'jade beauties' or 'superwomen'?

And did I have the pass for yelling 'Do you know my ancestor/grandfather peasant!?!' or 'You're Courting Death!' or 'I'm the young master of Heavenly White Dragon Clan, bow before me mongrels!' to any guy who managed to piss me off?

'Hmmm... Intense meditation, this requires.' I thought in the most Yoda like voice I could imagine.

...

'Maybe I'm a fanfic protagonist or something?'

...

Leaving the existential crisis stuff aside, the mental strength requirement was perhaps only one of two real 'demerits' that my version of [Reality Warping] brought with it.

The second 'demerit' was more of an annoyance than anything else and it was also related to why I've only added passive powers to my arsenal till now.

In basic words... Reality Warping wasn't a passive skill.

It doesn't work by itself and that's where the 'annoyance' lies.

Imagine that I'm just sleeping without a care in the world and some kind of cosmic god decides to just attack me for shits and giggles.

I would have no idea that someone was out to attack me until the attack actually happens.

Not enough? I'll give you another example.

Imagine that I'm in a fight against many powerful Godlike individuals that are somehow immune to [Reality Warping], I'm focused on fighting the strongest one and keeping back the weaker one when a weaker one that I've not noticed creeps up behind me.

Of course, I would still win the fight in both of the aforementioned situation but it's the thought that matters.

Because if not me, then my enemies would rather attack my 'weakpoints'.

My friends... My family...

Granny Lily... Father Jack... Mark... George... And the other orphanage kids...

And I do not know what I will do if something untoward happens to them.

I could become a cold-hearted omnicidal monster for all I know.

And that... That scares me.

If a stranger or evil or even an innocent dies in front of me, I wouldn't really bat an eye.

But if someone manages to hurt the ones I care about...

I'll do everything in my power to deliver them as much pain as I could possibly torment on their pitiful existence before wiping them off from the face of the Megaverse...

Call me a hypocrite and selfish bastard for all I care but at least I was true with myself.

And was that's all that mattered.

Fuck Justice, I'm Vengeance Gang all the way.

...

Let's leave the heavy topics aside and return to what I was talking about before.

Simply, I didn't like relying on something too much.

I would rather have a bunch of contingencies in place rather than assuming 'I was strong enough'.

And before you go off and start ranting about how 'it's never gonna happen' or whatever. Remember that my current reality used to be a thing of comic books and movies, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility anymore...

So yes, I was a firm believer in Batman's philosophy of being ready and preparing for any kind of enemy or situation.

Constant Vigilance all the way.

...

So that were all the reasons about why I've been adding more passive powers to my arsenal rather than active ones

Now, I know that most Active powers are much stronger but Passive powers just provide a better foundation (you can't prove me wrong) not to mention they are very convenient.

Plus, [Reality Warping] was kind of a All-In-One Active Skill.

The Passives I've added until now are- [Super Intellect], [Super Comprehension], [Eidetic Memory], [Mind Shiel], [Ultra Super Speed Regeneration], [Adaptive Physiology], [Omni-Directional Sense] and [Analysis].

The only new ones are [Omni-Directional Sense] and [Analysis].

And both of them are very much self-explanatory... I think? But I'll still explain them anyway.

[Omni-Directional Sense] enhances my already natural senses and also grants me a type of sixth sense. It passively creates a 10 meter radius around myself which I can increase to atmost a planetary level.

It was like a superior mixtures of Spidey Sense, Daredevil's Senses, Force Senses, Precognition and Observation Haki. Nothing can block it or ignore it. Like a discount [Omniscience] which was only limited to a small range.

So I was kinda Omniscient? But just in an small area.

Leaving that aside, [Analysis] worked exactly how 'Observe' works in The Gamer manhwa. It shows me simple information and weaknesses about the target on a metaphysical screen that only I'm able to see. It has both Passive and Active uses as it would passively show me target's true name, 'level' and emotions, while in 'Active' mode it will tell me their weaknesses, stats, skills and short history.

It was the perfect information gathering tool. But it still had a weakness (if you could call it that).

To sum up, it doesn't show full information of those who are stronger than me.

For example when I see OAA I see a floating screen above his head which goes like-

[The One Above All. Lvl.∞

Emotions- ???]

...

Yes, his level is literally Infinite.

Now how am I able to see it? Well, he allowed me to see that much when I requested to.

And that's another thing I found out about this skill, if the target is much much stronger than me then they're able to sense the use of the skill on them.

So it's not as all-powerful as it sounds.

*tak tak tak!*

I was startled from meditation and my inner thoughts when I heard the knock on my door.

But before I could ask something I was greeted by the voice of OAA.

"Stop your monologing Samael! Come, The food is ready!" He shouted from across the door and went back to the kitchen judging from the sound of his footsteps.

A quick teleportation later, I was seated in my seat (which was directly facing his) when he exited the kitchen with a big plate with his signature dish.

A divine aroma spread throughout the room and my eyes gazed at the godly dish. I started drooling just from it's divine aroma-

It was OAA's freshly home-cooked pizza!

Once OAA sat down he divided the pizza into two with 4 slices for both of us.

The dining table was just a small circular dark brown wooden table made for just 2-4 people. It was just a few feet away from the drawing room so you were able to see the T.V from here.

He opened the T.V and started watching some kind of Talk Show.

'Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Late Night Omniverse Show with your favourite host, Beyonder!' exclaimed the host of the talk-show who wore a bright white suit, shirt and pants.

We always watched this show during dinner time, so it had become a kind of a habit.

'Today on our great show we have the one and only, The Fouth Wall Breaking Merc-With-A-Mouth. He's Deadpool!!!" He exclaims as a person in red and black spandex comes jogging from the backstage.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom* "I don't monologue." I pouted and told him while I ate the delicious food and the show went on in the background.

"You do kiddo. You love to monologue." He replied with a smirk while taking a bite of the pizza.

I pouted but stayed silent cause he was kinda right.

"Don't pout Samael and eat your veggies." He said while smirking before he went back to watching and laughing while watching the T.V.

My grumble of 'I don't pout' went unheard.

But still,

The pizza was divine.

'And what did you do then?' the host asked curiously.

'Well I just told them 'You’re still here? It’s over. Go home! Oh, you’re expecting a teaser for Deadpool 2! Well, we don’t have that kind of money. What are you expecting, Sam Jackson show up with an eyepatch and a saucy little leather number? Go, go.' and then I- *giggles* -then I went back into the ROOM!! HAHAHAHAHA!" Deadpool said and broke into fits of laughter with the Beyonder and audience laughing right after him.

""HAHAHAHAHA!"" Of course, both of us laughed too.

'That was a good joke.' I though while wiping tears from my eyes.

==============

And Done!

It's been a long while since I last uploaded a chapter so here it is. And thank you to those readers who didn't leave and are still here and have not dropped this novel, I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm sorry about my bad update schedule but what can I do *shrugs*. I only write when I have enough inspiration and motivation for it, Plus this is only a hobby for me.

But it's not like I've stopped writing or anything, I've currently wrote two chapters of three new fanfics each, which I may or may not continue so I've not posted them yet.

2 for a Pokemon fanfic. 2 for a my Harry Potter rewrite. And 2 for a new SI Loki fanfic.

And as I've said at the start of the chapter, this was supposed to be a long mega chap but it was taking too long to complete so I decided to split it up.

The other half will be out in a week or so btw...

Also, why not leave some reviews while you are at it? It's greatly appreciated.

So look out for the next chapter in a week or two.

Next Chapter- Chapter 9: The House Of Ideas

OAA Image: https://images.app.goo.gl/srqKAxoXZAo6YVzL7

13