Essences
239 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<John POV>

My name is John Allen. A relatively normal 20 year old college student. I was a nerd and weeb. I liked reading fanfics/manga and watching anime/movies in my past time when I had nothing to do.

I used to live with my grandparents until they passed away due to old age. I never knew my parents as my father died in a car accident prior to my birth and my mother passed away after giving birth to me. And when my grandparents passed away I was devastated but after some time I moved on though it was very hard.

After their death I started living alone as I was already 18 years old by then.

I did not have many friends as I was the awkward introverted nerd of the class. I also did not have a girlfriend because of this.

It was probably because I was very shy in front of strangers. I could only show my true self at home.

My dream was to become a doctor to help people and live a comfortable life without any worries.

Then one day when I was crossing the road a truck suddenly manifested in front of me and hit me!

*HONK HONK*

It was as if time had stopped.

All of my life playing in my head.

All of my choices.

Images of my grandparents.

I watched my entire life play out in my head.

I had many regrets.

I still hadn't fulfilled my dream.

I was not ready to die.

But no one is, right?

Then the time resumed.

*BOOOM*

*CRASH*

The pain of my cracked ribs and spine was so much that I was on the verge of losing consciousness.

But I tried to keep my eyes open and be awake because I knew that if I close my eyes I would never be open them again.

Even as I got surrounded by onlookers who were doing god know what.

'At least call the ambulance motherf*ckers!' I yelled mentally.

Slowly my vision started to darken and coldness enveloped my body.

I died.

<Timeskip>

When I woke up I was sitting on a comfortable couch in a bright white place. My first reaction was to check my body.

I was fine. No injuries or anything.

After taking some deep breaths to calm my panicking heart. I started to wonder where I was.

Due to me panicking I did not notice the being sitting in front of me.

"Welcome" said a loud voice in front of me.

I jumped at the sudden noise.

I looked at the figure sitting in front of me and blinked in astonishment.

It... He based on his voice, He did not have eyes, nose or mouth. His head was like a night sky with stars and space. He wore a black business type suit with a black tie.

(See the cover for image)

"If you have finished your monologue I would like to start on with the business please." He said yanking me back to reality.

"Ah! Yes! Where am I?! Who are you!?"

"Calm down!" He yelled.

I shut my mouth up with a snap, afraid of offending this being.

"I think I should introduce myself. I am The Supreme Creator Of The Omniverse! You can call me ROB! And I'm giving you the chance to live a second life in another world with cheats too!" He announced.

"REALLY!" I yelled excitement excitedly.

"Yes, you have a choice to either reincarnate to another world or go to heaven."

"Before making any choice I want to ask... why me?"

"Because you are a good person. That was the only requirement. Everything else was random." ROB answered.

I just nodded.

Truthfully I don't know what to make of this. I just died and now a real life ROB is giving me a second chance. It's very overwhelming. But I need to make a choice.

During covid without anything to do I read many fanfics and novels. And many of them featured reincarnation. So I was very excited for such a opportunity. But while I was excited I still feared what this being would want in exchange. I knew there was no free lunch in this world.

"Uhh... Mr. ROB? What would you take in exchange?"

"In exchange I will watch over your life to keep my boredom away. Now chose I don't have enough time to waste."

I had many regrets. And no one was waiting for me back home. I think my family in heaven would want me to live my life to the fullest. I think the choice is very obvious.

"... I think my family would want me to live my life fully before meeting them. So I chose to reincarnate!"

"OK!"

*SNAP*

A roulette wheel appears behind the  ROB. It was filled with names of many animes, movies, mangas, TV shows, etc.

"This is the Wheel Of Worlds. After spinning the wheel and whatever it lands on will be your destination. Now move along!" ROB said while pushing me towards the wheel.

I nodded and spun the wheel with all my strength.

"And now we wait." ROB said.

After a while the wheel finally stopped.

Marvel Cinematic Universe/X-men

"Oo~ It's an AU!" ROB said excitedly.

'What's up with this ROB? One moment he is all serious and next he is excited as a fangirl.' I wondered internally but then shook my head.

MCU with mutants is... not bad but not good either.

It's a world filled with Titans. Threats are at every corner and Chaos reigns supreme.

Thankfully I would get cheats otherwise I would have died instantly by powerful beings sensing my presence.

"What about my cheats?" I asked after we sat back on seats after the wheel decided my destination.

"Yes! You will have to chose 4 Essences from CYOA because I don't want you being overpowered from the beginning and they would give you a solid foundation." ROB said.

"It's alright. I don't want to be instantly op from the beginning too. It would be very boring then."

Then he materializes a list and passed it to me.

"Chose from this list." ROB said.

I just nodded and checked the whole list.

After some time I had made my choices.

"Okay then what are your choices?" ROB asked.

"Essence of Blank, Essence of Archmage, Essence Of Warlord and Essence Of Harem Protagonist." I answered.

"Those are very good choice on your part." ROB nodded, seemingly impressed.

"Thanks"

"Alright then! It's time for you to go on to your journey."

"Ok... Well, Thank you for this second chance Mr. ROB I will never forget this." I sincerely thanked this ROB.

Despite his strange behaviour he was a good person.

"It's nothing kid. Goodbye!" He waved his hand and sent to my destination.

This where my journey starts!

<ROB POV>

Sigh... what a drag acting all serious and stuff.

Anyone who knows me know that I never get serious.

But atleast it's entertaining observing their journey and it keeps me from being bored.

Sigh... what I do for entertainment.

Then I looked right through the fouth wall and addressed the readers.

"Young John's journey will continue but you *pointing my finger right at you* my dear readers will not be able see it because this fanfic is based on me not them."

"And with this your favourite ROB signing off. Goodbye!" I waved my hand and then the screen goes black.

To Be Continued...

9