Chapter 4: The Fall
234 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As time passed, the day finally came the heroes would venture into Orcus Labrynth. The previous night, the same situation occured where Kaori visited him in surprise. Things progressed in the same mood, but Hajime could not help think about how she might blame herself badly after the inevitable fall.

"Shirasaki-san, thank you." Up until here, the conversation was the same as the previous time. However, he could not let the conversation end here. "But still, I will try my best. No matter what I will survive. So if anything happens, don't worry, or blame yourself and just be patient. I will surely come back." As he could see confustion and encroaching anxiety upon those words, he just gave Kaori a smile and bade her good night.

Upon morning, the heroes entered the labrynth. However, like before, as Kaori paid more attention to Hajime than anyone else, Hiyama was became more and more jealous until, he made that fateful mistake.

After the transfer, they could see the bridge with Behemoth across them, and magic circles started to produce Traums Soldier behind them. As he stationed himself near Sonobe before the transfer, he could see the Traum Soldier attacking her.

"Watch out!" As he pulled her in, another thought was going though his head. 'Maybe I should have had another person rescue her instead of hearing them going about "Mistress this", "Mistress that" all the time. Seriously, what's wrong with them?' He could only look at her intensely with puzzlement.

"Thank you..." As she seemed to be embarrassed about being taken for surprise and sudden hug, she thanked him while averting her eyes. However, he had better thing to worry about. This time, instead of letting Kouki run forward and become an idiot that would put all of them in danger, Hajime started running as fast as he could to delay Behemoth before it gets any headstart. It would be much easier to just kill it, however, for the inevitable fall, he had to let it continue rampaging until the right time.

"Hajime-kun!" Kaori accidentally blurted out the name she called in her heart in panic.

"Hurry up and make pathway for us to retreat! I'll hold this guy until then!" Hajime shouted through gritted teeth while transmutating the bridge to hold it in place, wondering if Hiyama will still be able to make that shitty mistake he made last time. If he did, then one of the attraction artifact Hajime put when he was being bullied would activate, and stray rock would smash his head.

'I really hope that they can put an end to this farce quickly. My teeth are hurting.' An idle thought passed little before he could hear his classmates started shouting.

"Come over here! Quickly!" He could hear clearly despite the noise pollution Behemoth was creating. As he ran to his classmates, listening to Behemoth still creating a fuss, Hajime decided in his heart, 'Next time, I'm cooking you as a roast after crushing your throat. Let's see how you make any noise then.' plainly ignoring that he was not screeching much as compared trying to chase him after it was bound for the last 20 minutes.

As Hajime was running back, this time, he could clearly see the fireball that left Hiyama's hand coming toward him more directly instead of the path before him, different from last time. At the last second, he managed to jump back to avoid the fireball, leaving him more distance compared to last time, where he would not be able to grab the Kaori's hand that was reaching out to him no matter what.

'Well, Kaori, I hope you can still be with me this time.' Was the last thought he had as Kaori's image faded into darkness, and faint scream of, "NO!!! NAGUMO-KUN!!".

Compared to last time where he lost consciousness, this time he was able to experience (albeit with a barrier in between) the roller-coaster that saved his life last time. It was one thing to watch it, and another thing to experience it, as he was reminded of old game of pinball. He could even hear background noise of pings as he was carried off to the side tunnel by a "coincidental" water sprout to a river, then waterfall that led him about at least 3 floors down, followed by underwater tunnel that led him to underground river now, then accidentally being a soccer ball for a monster that kicked him, leading to one of most complicated water slide he ever experience (at least consciously), that led him to wonder how the hell he survived last time.

After an epic journey (of wondering when this Orcus Labyrinth tour will end), he finally came to the point where he awoke last time. Again, he could soon see the kick-rabbit, which was quickly shot through gun he had on him. And afterwards, when the bear came by for a meal, he quickly set out his barrier artifact, threw out stun grenade, then quickly made toasty roast of him with prototype Orkan. Storing them in his spatial ring, he walked to the direction where he found magic crystal last time. And as soon as he found the place, he closed the tunnel he made.

"Okay, here goes nothing. Or actually, here comes the shittest portion. Ehito, this time, I'm gonna make you wish you were never born. Yue, I'm coming, wait for me. Shea, please don't use your magic to predict your friend's love life (though I know you are going to). Tio, let's try not to make you into a pervert this time. But if you do become one, it's not my fault (at least for this time). Kaori, I'll be back, so don't do anything stupid, and don't try to imprison me. Shizuku, hang in there and please keep the hero in line. Aiko-sensei, I'll try not to kill your student 'just not' in front of you this time. Lilliana, please don't ruin your health from overworking after that shitty king dies. AND I hate myself." Mumbled Hajime as he drank almost the entire pond of Ambrosia before eating the kick rabbit meat. Indescribable pain almost immediately followed, which didn't seem any less horrifying even with the previous existence.

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" His screamed echoed in the small clearing that was only lit by the dim light of magic crystal.

8