Blind Wanderer
1.8k 2 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That was an impressive move," said the woman as she looked back at the board. "You made such an unexpected move."

Genji smiled and said, "Haha, thank you."

Shaking her head with a smile, the woman collected the Pai Sho pieces and placed them back in their little tray before looking at Genji.

"Well young man, this was a fun game, but the hour of my tea is approaching," the woman mentioned as she stood up and looked at Genji with a gentle smile. "You may continue playing with the board, I will collect it when we exit the ship tomorrow."

"Alright, I will see you tomorrow then."

The woman smiled and gazed at Genji with a narrowed gaze, "Or maybe later…"

With that, the woman walked away went inside the ship to head into her cabin and prepare some tea for herself.

Genji chuckled and sat back down on his chair.

When he raised his head, Genji was surprised to see an old man already sitting there. He was wearing a red gown and he looked at Genji with a gentle smile and an interested gaze.

"Would you like to play a game of chess sir," said Genji as he looked at the man as he slid over the Pai Sho tile pieces the woman was using earlier.

The old man nodded and accepted the tile pieces, "Thank you young man. You wouldn't mind if I went first, would you?"

Genji shook his head and gestured for the old man to go first.

Click!

Click!

Five moves later, the old man decided to make small talk as they focused on the game.

"Where are you headed, young man?"

Genji moved his eyes up to look at the old man and saw that he was solely focused on the game. With a small smile, Genji said, "I'm planning to wander around the Earth Nation."

"That's a very wide area to wander around," said the old man. "Any area in particular?"

"If I had to say any place in particular… I would say Gaoling," said Genji after thinking for a second as he tried to remember the show.

The old man gazed at Genji for a second before focusing back on the game.

"An interesting place to wander to."

Chuckling, Genji said, "An interesting place for an interesting man."

Raising his eyebrows at Genji's words, the old man chuckled.

"Haha, you're a funny young man. I'm Nekun," said the old man as he smiled at Genji.

Click!

"I'm Genji. Why are you heading to the Earth Nation, Old Man Nekun," asked Genji.

Click!

"I'm going to visit a friend. He's a bit too old to come visit me now, so I have to go there," said Nekun as he stroked his white beard.

Genji nodded and asked, "Are you going to change your outfit? I heard rumors of people from the Fire Nation being attacked by bandits."

Click!

The old man looked Genji in the eyes before chuckling a little, "Hoho, you're right young man."

Click!

Continuing their game of Pai Sho, Nekun and Genji continued to have small talk while playing game after game, all which Genji would lose.

"Say young man, what do you think of the state of the world right now?"

Out of nowhere, Nekun sprang up a question Genji found difficult to answer right away.

Genji's movements paused and he looked at Nekun with a skeptical gaze before continuing the game.

"It's shit," said Genji, not sugarcoating his words even a little.

"Cough cough COUGH!"

The old man began to cough in surprise at Genji's answer. He was surprised by Genji's answer, usually someone would sugarcoat their words or even scholars would just tell an anecdote of their thoughts.

"Haha, not too often I hear that," said Nekun as he remembered the only other five times he had heard someone respond like Genji, "Why do you think so?"

CLICK!

Genji placed down a piece with a bit of force before looking into the old man's clear and wise eyes.

"Because of division."

Nekun raised his eyebrows and looked at Genji with a confused gaze, "What do you mean by division?"

"Exactly as it sounds, the world was divided, not just by the four elements, but even further divided than that. This division allowed the sole nation that was united, the Fire Nation, to properly take down the other nations.

The Air Nomads  who believed in peace and strongly believed that they would never be forced into a war was their downfall.

The Water Tribes, with the Southern Water Tribes all isolated and the military strength of a unity Fire Nation with metallic weapons under it's control, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out who would win.

Then there's the Earth Nation and the Northern Water Tribe.

The Earth Nation is all scattered and not unified at all. Because of this division, the Earth Nation had lost a lot of land to the Fire Nation that had been converted into colonies.

The Northern Water Tribe was lucky as they are hard to approach because of they're location. However, even though they hardly unified the various tribes in their lands into one area, their size is hardly big enough to be considered a city.

With these incompetent rulers and their stubbornness, they will all end up in a losing war with the Fire Nation unless someone appears to guide these foolish forces."

Genji wasn't planning on it, but as he continued to talk, he felt like he couldn't stop his mouth moving.

Even Nekun was surprised and stopped playing as he looked at Genji with wide eyes. He was at a loss for words since this was exactly one of the major problems that the war had shown.

'This was the absence of Balance, something the Avatar could bring…' thought Nekun, deeply impressed by Genji's thoughts and opinions.

Placing down a tile piece absentmindedly, Nekun closed his eyes and nodded slowly as he remembered Genji's words.

They weren't sophisticated, but they were eye opening.

"You lost."

Nekun heard Genji say something and furrowed his eyebrows as he lifted his head to look at Genji.

"What was that young man?"

"I said you lost," said Genji once more as he smiled at Nekun.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Adept Strategist> (Lvl. 28)]

[<Adept Tactician> (Lvl. 28)]

'I… lost?'

Looking down at the board with a bit of skepticism, Nekun looked at the position of the tiles before suddenly chuckling.

"Hehe, you're right. It's my loss," said Nekun as he stood up and fished for something in his robes before tossing it over to Genji.

"Here! This is a gift for you. Keep it safe."

Genji caught the small item that Nekun tossed and nodded Nekun goodbye before looking at the item he had been given by him.

'Oh shit! This is…'

[Order of the White Lotus Token]

[ - In the form of a Pai Sho tile piece is a token with the symbol of a white lotus on one of it's sides. From a secretive order of wise men from all over the world called 'Order of the White Lotus'.]

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<(MIND) Appraisal> (Lvl. 23)]

'To think I would get this here…'

Quickly putting away the token, Genji looked into the distance and chuckled.

'Looks like things won't be that boring here in the Avatar world?' thought Genji as he packed up everything after noticing the moon high in the sky.

After putting away the Pai Sho board and pieces, Genji headed over to the cabin area and searched for his door.

"Young man?"

When Genji's hands grabbed the door to his cabin, he heard the voice of a woman behind him. The voice of someone familiar, particularly from someone he met this morning.

Turning around, Genji noticed the middle aged woman from this morning looking at him with a smile.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Casanova> (Lvl. 25)]

"Yes?"

When Genji looked at the woman, he decided to take a closer look at the woman's face. She looked pretty average, but she had the air of a gentle woman. Her eyes weren't seductive, but their gentleness attracted Genji's attention.

Not just that, but if Genji could phrase in any other way, this woman looked like a milf.

"I was wondering if you would like to drink a little," she said as she showed Genji a bottle of wine she was hiding behind her back.

Smiling, Genji nodded and opened the door to his cabin, "Come on in."

"Thank you, you're such a gentleman," said the woman as she placed a hand on Genji's chest before walking into the cabin and taking a seat on the only area available, the bed.

Genji joined her after setting aside the Pai Sho game and his staff to the side. He sat down on the bed and watched as she popped open the wine bottle and brought out two cups.

Pouring herself one cup and another for Genji, the woman passed out the cup and smiled, "To a nice night."

Genji smiled and clinked cups as he repeated after the woman, "To a nice night."

Downing their cups, the woman served herself and Genji more as she only took a small sip this time before looking at Genji with a seductive smile.

Genji also took a small sip and watched as the woman approached him with such a devilish look on her red face.

"You've really impressed me this morning when we were playing Pai Sho. I love a man who can learn quickly and pin me," she said with her face extremely close to Genji's.

Getting a little closer, the woman kissed Genji's cheek and looked at him with a burning desire in her eyes. Moving down, the woman kissed Genji's chin and continued down as she moved onto his neck and eventually his shoulders and collarbone.

"Oh my…" said the woman as she felt Genji lift her head up by the chin and kiss her on the lips.

"Mmh…"

Placing the cups on the floor along with the wine, the woman and Genji both undressed each other as they kissed each other's bodies.

"MM! Ah…"

The woman moaned as Genji kissed her neck and felt her breasts being rubbed and teased.

"Come here!"

Wrapping her hands around Genji, the woman pushed Genji down onto the bed before slowly going down on him and removing his pants.

"Quite impressive equipment," said the woman as she flashed Genji a smile before going down on him completely.

***

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<(MIND) Navigation> (Lvl. 28)]

Finally arriving at the Earth Nation, Genji had to quickly look for transport that could take him over to the other end of the Earth Nation.

However, before doing any of that, Genji had to first prepare for his arrival at the Northern Water Tribe.

Looking around to look for a hidden spot, Genji went over to a hidden spot from any prying eyes before pulling out a white silk cloth from his storage before using it as a blindfold.

'Now, for the act of the [Blind Wanderer]!'

With a smile, Genji welcomed the darkness but not for long as he quickly felt the effects of his Hyper Sense and Heightened Senses working harder than before.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Heightened Senses> (Lvl. 15)]

Then, like if he never covered his eyes, Genji could 'see' the world just fine. Albeit with less color since all he could see through Hyper Sense were the shapes and figures but the colors, except for people, animals, and the color of their energy.

Now, with being in an area filled with people, Genji could clearly tell the difference in the energy of some people.

Non-Benders had a colorless shape.

Firebenders are a fiery red, with the exception of Azula who was a fiery blue.

And Earthbenders are a brownish tan color that looks like dirt.

With Hyper Sense, Genji was confident in being able to tell who is a bender and who isn't. As well as what element they could bend.

[Ding! Skill level up!]

[<Heightened Senses> (Lvl. 16)]

Now with overworking his Heightened Senses, Genji could clearly feel the speed at which his senses were developing now that he wasn't using his eyesight and instead is relying on his other senses to 'see'.

His Hyper Sense was working hard as well, but since Heightened Senses is a lower leveled skill, Genji could feel how quickly it improves and how much it was being strained to 'see'.

In fact, Genji believed that he wouldn't be able to learn the Seismic Sense skill that Toph teaches. It might already be in the Heightened Senses skill since he could see someone's vague foot outline when they walk by.

It's not super clear and Genji could just feel how far or close they are.

If he wants it to be super clear, either the skill level goes up, or he learns Earthbending to further his connection between the earth and himself.

66