Sorrowful Black Jade
2.6k 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shock rang through the bodies of both Ty Lee and Mai as they stared at Azula with their mouths wide enough for an egg to fit inside.

‘She’s giving up her royal title?!’

Mai stood up in shock, never expecting for Azula to go so far as to give up her royal status to take down her father and in turn to also ask for forgiveness.

‘It might be my imagination, but this might also be Azula’s way of asking for forgiveness,’ through Mai as she looked at Azula’s eyes that held no contempt or reluctance as she said all this.

After having spent all her childhood alongside Azula, Mai had learnt how to pick up on Azula’s habits and how she is when putting on an act. She could never hide that cunning look in her eyes or the contempt when looking at her enemies.

Right now, Azula held none of that.

That could only mean that Azula was being sincere with everything that she was saying.

Clenching her fists, Mai stared at Azula before sighing in anger and defeat.

“That’s amazing Azula! I will help you no matter what you ask for!” proclaimed Ty Lee as she jumped excitedly onto Azula.

“I appreciate the thought Ty Lee.

Using your and Mai’s skills, I will take down my idiotic father and set free the people of the Fire Nation.

And the rest of the world.

I trust you both to have my back.”

With the final ‘arrow’ striking Mai, she could no longer hold back as she vented out her emotions, lashing out as Azula.

“That’s not fair!

How could you do this to us Azula!

You think you can abuse us for 12 years and then leave like nothing happened? Then return all different and act like this with us?!

I can’t let you do that! You shouldn’t do it!

If not, how will… you… I… why?

Why now?”

Mai’s outburst started out strong and it eventually began to mellow out as it just ended in a glare and a solemn look on her face.

Azula frowned, not out of anger or annoyance at Mai's outburst, but at not knowing what to say. She was new to these feelings and still didn’t know how to act upon them.

Silence rang within the room and Mai just couldn’t stand it anymore as she just stormed out of the room and left, leaving a confused Azula and a worried Ty Lee behind.

“Mai…” muttered Ty Lee after seeing the door closed. She turned to look at Azula out of concern and saw that Azula had a weird smile on her face. “Azula, are you okay?”

“Huh? Ye-yeah…” muttered Azula as she touched her face, feeling weird. ‘These emotions are weird.’

Turning her head to look at Genji who was resting to the side, Azula wondered whether everything was alright. She just had no idea how to read the room nor the emotions of others at such a deep level.

She saw Genji nod lightly with an encouraging smile and Azula could just feel some sort of weird warmth in her stomach that filled her with butterflies.

“Should I go after her, Azula?”

Ty Lee asked, wondering what Azula is going to say about Mai storming off all sad and mad.

Looking at the door, Azula kept quiet for a second before smirking and turning to look at Ty Lee with a look of contempt.

“You fool! Of course not!

I have trust that Mai will do the best thing. Whether she compromises us or not, that will be her decision.”

Ty Lee flinched at Azula’s harsh words directed towards her but eventually smiled after hearing the rest of her words.

‘She’s really changed!’ thought Ty Lee, happily looking into Azula’s orangish yellow eyes.

“Correct,” said Genji as he walked over to Azula and stood before her sitting figure. “The best thing for Mai at this moment is time alone to think things through. This is her own hurdle to cross over.

Only she can heal these wounds of hers right now.”

Azula remained quiet and Ty Lee absentmindedly nodded to Genji’s words, knowing that he was telling the truth.

“I have to leave now. I need to go rest,” said Genji as he twisted his body a little before turning to look at Azula. “Make tomorrow’s fight look real, this way, if Mai doesn’t say anything, we can continue to fool the Fire Nation.

King Bumi won’t go anywhere no matter how far the Avatar goes with him either way. Just put some pressure on him and the girl with him.”

Azula nodded with a smirk on her face and said, “I’ll make sure to put some pressure on the Avatar, but what do I get out of this?”

With a hand that slid like a snake, Azula’s hand rested upon Genji’s crotch after it had slid up from his calf and up through his inner thighs before resting upon his crotch.

“Oh? You will definitely be rewarded well,” said Genji as he smirked at Azula’s perverted actions.

Then, as if planned, Azula turned to look at Ty Lee with a devilish smile on her gorgeous face.

“You hear that Ty Lee, we will be well rewarded if we do our best tomorrow,” teasingly said Azula as Ty Lee began to smile with a red smile as she nervously shot Genji looks.

Genji rolled his eyes with a smile and left after giving Azula a passionate kiss and an Azula forced kiss on Ty Lee.

***

Leaving Mai’s Family’s Castle, Genji made his way over to the open area of the night before, hoping to find the girl from yesterday there.

He arrived at the area and stood there for an hour, waiting for the quiet Daiyu to appear.

“Daiyu?” softly called out Genji before eventually turning his gaze over to the moon and gazing at it.

He sighed and eventually left after Daiyu never appeared.

‘Did she stand me up?’ Genji asked himself as he left to go to sleep and wake up the next day.

Just when he was going to leave the area, Genji heard Daiyu’s charming voice in his ears.

“Come find me.”

Raising his eyebrows, Genji turned around and walked back to the open area before looking around the area.

Checking in the shadows and behind various decorations, Genji eventually found Diayu sitting down on the floor with her back against the wall as she smiled very lightly, her eyes on Genji.

“Maybe I’ll have you look for me everytime,” said Daiyu with a small smile before turning to look at the moon with a somber look on her face with lost eyes.

Genji smiled before turning to look at the moon and nodding to Daiyu’s words. He sat down next to her and just sat there with her in silence.

They enjoyed the quiet atmosphere, the nice cool breeze, and the bright light of the moon in the sky.

“The moon always looks so pretty…”

After a while, Daiyu finally opened her mouth and said something, breaking the silence.

“You’re right, the moon does alway look pretty,” replied Genji.

Smiling, Daiyu stood up before turning to look at Genji.

“I… have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow?” asked Daiyu with pleading eyes.

It didn’t look like she wanted to leave either, but she must have had something that she needed to do.

However, Genji had to disappoint the woman, shaking his head with a somewhat sad look on his face.

‘I’ll miss her sweet voice,’ thought Genji before explaining to Daiyu why he won’t be here the next night nor the others.

“I’m leaving tomorrow. I have been traveling with the avatar for a while now and we have a trip planned tomorrow after finishing with some business.”

“Ah…”

Daiyu dropped her head and clenched her hand in sadness, her eyes turning watery.

“I’m sure I can come visit in the future.”

“...”

“I don’t know when it will be, but I could come in a month or two.”

“...”

Genji sighed and stood up as he maintained his eyes on Daiyu.

Extending his arms and reaching out to Daiyu, Genji was just about to hug Daiyu when she suddenly stepped back and away from Genji. A look of pain and misery appeared in her eyes as she gazed into Genji’s eyes.

“I… I…”

Daiyu lowered her head and tried calming herself before looking into Genji’s eyes, “I can go to where you’re going!”

Surprised by what Daiyu said, Genji raised his eyebrows, not knowing what to say.

“Are you alright?” asked Genji, a bit of concern showing through as he looked at Daiyu.

He had never seen someone act like this before, it was strange and concerning.

Just what happened to her that is making her act like this?

Genji scratched his head as he looked at Daiyu. He wished to give her a hug and maybe have her know that everything is okay, but something told him that it wouldn’t work.

He sighed and lowered his arms.

“Please… I can go to where you’re going! Tell me… where are you going?”

Daiyu pressed her hands together and rubbed them in nervousness and hope as she looked at Genji. Her gloomy and depressed eyes looked into his eyes, waiting for his answer.

‘Shit… when did I start becoming more caring.

Fuck!’

Closing his eyes with a frown, Genji eventually opened his mouth a bit begrudgingly.

“The Earth Kingdom.

I’ll be in Gaoling searching for a new teacher for the Avatar.”

Genji opened one eye and studied Daiyu for a second before closing it and sighing.

‘Well at least it seems like she’s really going to try to go to the Earth Kingdom,’ thought Genji before taking a deep breath.

“Well… since you’re going to be going, come with me,” said Genji as he stretched his hand out to Daiyu.

Daiyu took another step back in possible alarm and anxiously shook her head in denial before looking down to her feet.

“I can’t. I… have some stuff to attend to,” muttered Daiyu uneasily.

A lie?

Genji raised his eyebrows by a bit before shaking his head and ignoring that, sighing once more.

‘I’ve never sighed as much as tonight!’

Bringing his hand back to himself before thrusting it into his clothes, Genji took out a leather bag filled with coins and placed it down on a nearby ledge.

“This is money, I want you to get there safely,” said Genji as he turned to look at Daiyu.

Daiyu nodded and smiled at gratitude before turning to look at the bag of money with a helpless smile.

“I’ll… see you another day then,” said Genji as he waved his hand and left.

Clenching her hand, Daiyu opened her mouth and yelled loudly, hoping Genji could hear her.

“Find me! Find me so we can hang out again!”

Her head was low and a tear steamed slowly down the side of her face as she smiled happily.

Daiyu’s eyes shifted over to the bag of coins and reached out to them, wishing to grab them. However, she stopped and instead pulled her hand back with a teary and depressed look on her face.

She lowered her head even more before a barely audible voice escaped her.

“Find me… please?”

***

“Find you?”

Genji shook his head and left, with his head high in the air and confidently.

He wished to forget about ever meeting this girl as he rushed out of there before unconsciously turning to look back to where he met Daiyu.

A sense of irritation welled up within him as he remembered Daiyu’s sad face, the anxiousness, the worry, and the depressed eyes, and… the pain.

FUCK!!

‘I’ll make sure to find you and slap you!

I’ll make sure to make you tell me everything that’s hurting you. Who the fuck made you like that?’

With an irritated look on his face, Genji stomped his way back to Aang and the rest as he let his Calm Mind Skill work on him.

‘I’ll deal with her in the future, for now… I’ll train Aang and try to attain Airbending or at least how to enter the spirit world and spirit project.

It would make reading books much easier if I use it to enter Wan Shi Tong’s Library,’ thought Genji with a smirk on his face.

32