Chapter 14: A Normal Day In The Life Of Coolio
218 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<A quick chat later, you know all that happened to the kingdom, such as name change and new laws.>

John - "Good society is progressing in the right direction under my brother's leadership."

"He even did me a favor and killed that coward of a father. I certainly wouldn't have spared that weasel if he hadn't done it."

The system - "Looks like the host is making steady progress that's always good."

John questioned, "Ah, System, where have you been? I called you out a couple times, but you didn't respond."

The system replied, "I was being conservative. After all, talking causes too much consumption, and your mental energy was already quite low."

John spoke, "I would have bought your explanation if you spoke at the end of the simulation, but you suddenly started speaking now."

"If we go according to your previous statement, your starting complement should have been a waste, so why are you speaking now? Were you just now lying to me?"

The system answered, "Oh my, look at our little Sherlock Homes thinking he can figure everything out."

"No, before you weren't strong enough to be worth spending energy on, but it seems now you are not mentally mature enough to spend energy on." (insert emotional damage meme)

John - "Hey!!"

<Year 7, Day 4: You have now been fully nursed back to health. You are advised to avoid training for the next week through a body scan.>

<You find that surprisingly your combat power has improved to 800,000. It turns out that the AI used some high-quality nutrition solutions that helped increase your combat power.>

<You marvel at the rare resources Barry Allen collected through his lifetime.>

<Year 7, Day 5: You feel bored with nothing to do. You decide to go outside and have some fun.>

<You head out and fly to the nearest village. You head inside a store to get a disguise.>

<You find some appealing outfit and dress up as an old man. You "borrow" these clothes for a while.>

<Coolio then stumbles into a kid. His power level was so weak that you almost didn't notice him.>

<The kid starts crying. You then feel the kid will blow your cover and tell him that you are a magical old man.>

<That it was fate to meet him and that you shall grant him any one wish.>

<The kid looks at you and says I am so weak that the other kids bully me at school. Please, wise old man, make me stronger.>

<You then ask the kid his and the other kids' power levels. The kid says his power level is 125, while the kid's power level is 4,500.>

<You then tell the kid that the only way to get stronger is through training and that you will train him.>

John - "System come out. What going on with your simulation? How has this plot evolved from consoling a crying child into taking in disciples."

The system responds, "Sorry, there was an error in the simulation, and the character is out of control."

John - "Out of control? Huh, can that happen?"

The system, "This simulation is meant to be as realistic as possible so the characters have their own personality that can sometimes force decisions."

<Compulsory Task Issued: It is detected that Fuze is special. Find out his hidden secret. Reward - 1000 points.>

John - "1000 points sound like a lot for a child's mystery. Let's see where this goes."

<You tell the kid to take you to his house. Where you could train him and upon arriving find a very worn out home.>

<It turns out that his parents threw him in the dumpster after his birth due to his low power level.>

<He doesn't know who they are but only knows he hates them. He was taken care of by a homeless man who took him under his wing.>

<That homeless man one day got lucky and found this abandoned house. He then paid some money and bought the house from the homeowners association.>

Hearing this story, John knew that the inside story was probably more complex. There was no way that a beggar could easily buy a house.

He, as a previous prince, knew how much housing cost. That homeless man probably had to sell his kidney to afford such a house.

John spoke, "This kid does have the makings of a cliché novel protagonist, a trash power level, an orphan, bullying."

"Well, anyways, I think I will stay the night to see what happens."

<At night, you were sitting meditating; at your level, you don't require sleep. You start hearing some scratching sounds from outside the guest bedroom.>

<Detecting exceptional task that needs in-person experience. Transferring the host's consciousness.>

John suddenly woke up and found himself lying in an empty white room. He looked down at his hands and found that he was still a human.

He got up from the floor and found himself feeling weak. He tried to sense the flow of Ki in his body but couldn't find it.

It was as if his body had been stripped of every last bit of Ki energy. He tried to calm himself down.

He got up and explored the pitch white room but found it completely empty. The area was so illuminated that he saw his reflection on the tiles.

He saw a weak stick-like body with almost no muscles. It scared him to the point he saw it and backed away.

John called the system many times for assistance, but there was no response. He didn't know what was going on.

He started looking for any form of hidden switches on the room's walls. In case maybe they open a secret passageway.

He found a white-colored switch which he flicked on. Then the room started moving and opened up a passageway into the darkness.

He walked inside the dark passageway and soon saw the light. John walked towards the light and found that this passageway led to the grounds of a WWE ring.

He walked in, and everyone started booing him and calling him a loser. Some even shouted that "death is coming for you."

You feel something's wrong and try to head back but find that the place you came from has disappeared.

A few men in suits came and forcefully put you inside the ring. You tried to resist but to no avail. Then your opponent arrived. It was The Man With The Fire On His Face (From Insidious).

Seeing him, you almost piss your pants but realize that this must be a nightmare. As he is complete fiction.

Maybe you are trapped in some kind of illusion technique, but it is still your subconscious, so you should be able to face whatever is coming.

As he approaches, you start praying that this works. You position yourself into a particular stand and start frantically screaming KAMEHAMEHA.

A blue beam is formed in your hands, and you launch it directly at the insidious demon. It gets destroyed in a matter of seconds.

You then receive a system notification stating that <The host has overcome his irrational fears and broken the illusion spell.>

John then wakes up, finds himself back in his room, and sees the following few notifications.

<Coolio wakes up in his bed and remembers that he had been meditating when he was disturbed by Fuze's sleepwalking.>

<At that time, he looked into his weird blue flaming eyes, and then he fell into an illusion.>

John - "Thank god I could overcome my instinctive fears and think clearly at that time. Otherwise, I don't know how long I would have been stuck in this illusion."

"Fuze's eyes are truly incredible it can even affect a powerhouse like me. I must take him to the cave and let the AI examine him."

<You knock out the sleepwalking Fuze and take him away to your cave.>

John - "Why does it feel so weird? Technically, I am kidnapping a child and taking him to a cave, so obviously, it's weird but doesn't batman do this all the time."

"Oh yeah, he does it to criminals and delivers them to the police. For a second there, I thought that's how he got robin to be his sidekick."

"No, robin was adopted, wasn't he?"

9