The City of Bethmora
84 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The city of Bethmora was in Ireland had many levels, linked by flights of stone steps. There were at least six levels above the Great Gates, and many more levels or Deeps below it. Every level consisted of a network of arched passages, chambers and many-pillared halls, often with black walls, polished and smooth as glass.Below the level of the Gates lay treasuries, armouries, dungeons, and mines. The Endless Stair of many thousands of steps rose in an unbroken spiral and the wall had Elvish language carved on it,Hadrian found it beautiful.

Nuada seeing the look had a small smile,as he spoke"You are the first human here in centuries."

Nuada didn't want to classify Hadrian as human,but he also didn't know what he was for now.

Nuda led his to kings room,Hadrian noticed annoy elves were murmering and pointing at him,

The palace main room or council chamber. high-ranking. At the center sits King Balor The one armed King of Elfland and, behind him, the willowy, beautiful Princess Nuala, the Prince Nuada's sister.

Guards who stood next to the kind had large beak shaped helmet they wear. They also have false hair extensions on the back of their helmets, which makes them look as if they all have long dark hair. It is also unknown what race they are but Hadrian presumed them to be.

 Nuada whispered"They are the Royal guards,they are called Butcher Guards.Also do not speak, until you are spoken too."

Nuada spoke in elven"I have returned from my travel father"

King Balor was the oldest living elf on earth. He is the father of two children, twin siblings Princess Nuala and Prince Nuada. 

Hadrian from what Nuada told him that Balor was born, like all the other royal elves, in Ireland. At that time, Ireland was known to humans as Erinland or Eirin, near what is known today as the Giant's Causeway in County Antrim.

Balor was alive when Aiglin, the father tree or Tree of Life was the focal point of activity on earth. Balor was born into royalty and was forced to defend his crown. He was known as a fierce and cunning warrior.

Balor's two children (twins being odd for elves) were blessed with a supernatural link and equally impressive abilities; Nuala held spiritual and emotional abilities, telepathy for elves being more linked to spiritual and emotional aspects instead of cerebral activity; while Nuada held physical and mental prowess. 

Hadrian saw Nuala's resemblance to the Prince is uncanny, down to the fine scars marring their perfect faces.Hadrian saw a beauty,while Nuala was looking at Hadrian with curiosity.

Nuda and Hadrian bows his head and kneels,while 

the King Balor gestures for him to rise and asked in Elven"Why did you bring this human?"

Hadrian was still kneeling,while Nuada answered"He is different Father,you could sese the ancient magic around him and I could tell he is blessed by mother Earth herself."

Balor studied Hadrian with great interest and asked"What are you Human?"

Hadrian simply replied in elven"I am just a human blessed with abilities."

Balor was surprised and he respected the boy more than before,so he just hummed,as Nuada added"Father his powers would help us in long run and he has already told me,he is able to heal your hand."

Balor narrowing his eyes at Hadrian asked"Could you do that."

Hadrian nodded as Balor gestured to do it,as 

Hadrian took out three potions from his expendable pouches,potion was easy to make in this world as on Death had provided him a expandable truck filled with all potion ingredients,it would always restock with time and interestingly there were some potion ingredients in this world with potency than the ones from his previous world.

Hadrian gave the potion vials for the king and said"These potion may not smell great,but they will regrow your bones,muscles and flesh,it would be painful."

Balor drank the the potion vials after removing his magical wooden arm,Balor felt pain as he covered his arm with a cloth.

Some of Guards were ready to act,but Balor yelled"Don't the potions are working."

It took an hour as his arm was back to normal,shocking Balor who looked Hadrian with a smile and said"You are now a guest at the House of Bethmora."

Hadrian smiled bowing his head replied"Thank you,your Majesty."

While Nuala was in awe and shock seeing this,she then once again began studying this man who not only gained the trust of Nuada,who was well known for his dislike and hate for humans.

Nuada smiled seeing everything turned out well,while he also did sense his sisters interest in Hadrian.

5