Chapter 18: A Good Captain
564 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ouch...What the fuck just hit me?" Luke groaned as he sat and scratched the back of his head. Did he get run over by a truck again, or what?

 

"Yo.." Garp, who sat next to him, greeted him by waving. Garp grinned at him in an apologetic smile, "Sorry bout that...I didn't mean to hit you that hard." He apologized. Luke blinked at him two times before widening his eyes in realization.

 

"Oh, No, no, it's fine, really!" Luke nervously said, which made Garp stare at him in disappointment. Seriously? This lame brat is the one who lands a hit on him? Garp takes a deep breath before punching Luke in the face again but without using Armament Haki, which sends Luke hit his back hard to the ground.

 

"Ouch! What was that for!?" That question makes Garp angrier at Luke than he already is.

 

"CAN YOU STOP BEING SO FUCKING LAME!?" Garp yelled at Luke, glaring at him in disgust. "YOU MANAGE TO LAND A HIT ON ME, AND THAT IS HOW YOU ACT!? STOP BEING A FUCKING COWARD!" Garp pulled Luke's shirt and stared at him in the eyes.

 

"........" Luke doesn't respond to Garp but understands what Garp is trying to say to him. He tried to avoid his eyes from Garp, which made the Hero of Marine sigh and release his shirt.

 

"Tell me, Luke, do you think you are qualified to become a captain with that attitude?" This time Garp had calmed down and asked Luke a simple question. Is he worthy of becoming a captain? Luke doesn't want to answer because he knows the answer. "If you won't answer it, then I will tell you...If you don't grow some backbone and remove your indecisive personality, then you aren't suitable to become a pirate, let alone a captain."

 

"Why do you even ca- Ouch!? The heck, Garp!?" Garp cut Luke off dialogue with a punch on the head, making Luke cover his head in pain.

 

"Selfish and Emotional... Those are also a thing that will cause your downfall." Garp reminisces of a woman he knows who has the same personality as Luke before continuing, "The reason why I care is that Ann is my granddaughter, Rouge and Rachel are my great-granddaughters, and you are my new grandson." Luke widened his eyes at that statement before looking at Garp. Does it mean that the old man accepted him as Ann's partner?

 

"Remember, one stupid mistake will cause you something or everything. So Luke, grow up for their own sake. I can tell you from our duel alone have great potential, but first, you need to become a better man."

 

"I...I don't know if I can do that." Garp patted him on the shoulder and gave a warm smile.

 

"Believe me, I know that you can pull it off. Also, stop doubting your strength. From what I have seen, you always think that hitting me is almost impossible, with makes you blinded when making a decision."

 

"What do you by I become blinded when making a decision?"

 

"If you throw those wolves at me and shoot at me with those, what you call? Pushing Bullet? At the same time, you will finish our battle faster than you already did."

 

When he thinks again, Garp is actually right about that. When he uses [Chaser Wolf] on Garp instead of waiting for the wolves to hit Garp, he should have used [Piercing Bullet] on that man right after releasing [Chaser Wolf]. But something isn't right here...

 

"Garp...Why are you telling me this? Didn't you hate pirates?" He is curious about why Garp is trying to help him to overcome his attitude. Garp just responded by patting him in the head...This is awkward...

 

"I hate pirates, Luke, but family is another matter." Garp takes a deep breath. "The reason why I want Ann and Lucy to join Marine is because of their heritage."

 

"Heritage? Ann's heritage will turn this world upside down, but why Lucy's? Isn't she have you the Hero of Marine as her relative?" Let's pretend he doesn't know about Lucy's heritage because it will be suspicious, considering even Canon Luffy doesn't know about it until the end of Enies Lobbies Arc.

 

"Ann told you about Roger?" Luke nodded his head positively at Garp's question. Garp then chuckled in amusement. "Well, I think that is kind of expected, considering she let you impregnate her. But the thing about Lucy is not because she gave me as her grandfather, but she has 'Rebellious Dragon' as her father."

 

"Dragon!? You mean as in the revolutionary leader!?"

 

"Yes, the 'World's Worst Criminal' is Lucy's father and my son. That is why I gave Lucy to Dadan's care instead of raising her by myself." Garp muttered sadly, "Because of my uselessness and lack of giving him parental love, Dragon has become a criminal of this world after witnessing the Celestial Dragon in action." That is new Luke never knew about that before.

 

"What did they do to make him end up like that?"

 

"You better off not knowing other than Celestial Dragons are nothing but scumbags, and we are running away from the topic." Garp scratched his head as he realized he was telling something he shouldn't. Dragon's past is not for him to speak about. "A good captain is someone brave, selfless and thinks before acting. Captain of the ship's decision is an absolute thing to follow, so don't doubt your decision when you have become one. While there are many others pirates with traits like you, they are always destined to become nothing more than normal scums." Garp stands up on his feet, followed by Luke.

 

"Luke, take care of Ann and the kids for me, okay?"

 

"No need to worry, Garp. It is my job to keep them safe."

 

"Also, I already accept you in my family, so call me Grandpa."

 

"Kay, Oldman," Luke said casually, which made him get another hit by Garp. "Oi, the fuck was that Oldman!?"

 

"It's just my Fist of Love. Don't call me that, you ungrateful brat."

 

It's just a chapter between Garp and Luke, nothing else happened here, so I decided to post it on the same day.

22