3
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could see myself reading a book sitting beside a lit candle. Everything was happening in my subconscious. Foreign scenery started flowing into my mind like a sponge absorbing water. Unlike Earth, the skies were violet. I’ve never seen such color in the sky. They were mysterious, yet breathtaking. Few things I was aware of, I have no physical form.

"What a weird sensation." I murmured under my breathe.

Despite not having a body, I could seemingly feel the existence of my limbs, as if I always had them. It was almost comfortable if it was not for the fact this body was currently floating in the air, surrounded by vast sea to no ends. The peaceful waves below were in a complete opposite state of my pounding heart.

"I'm flying..." I let out a nervous laugh.

I am a bit in a pinch now because I have no idea where I am or how to maneuver this whole new invisible form of mine. I tried several different tactics including waving my whole body in the thin air as if I were swimming in a pool. Fail.

Tried to take off by running in the air. Fail.

"This is ridiculous." I came to a realization how stupid I might look if someone was there looking.

A sudden light speck flew over caught my attention. It flew closer to me and I could see the fairy-like creature like tiny wings behind it. One flew flew over, then come another three more. They stopped in front of me and started circling around me, showing their delightful laughter. They were a combination of colors glowing behind their wings.

"My lord!" One of them exclaimed.

"You are finally here! We've been waiting for so long." Another fairy gently settled down on my shoulder.

My head turned away in a quick movement, shocked by the familiarity the fairies were acting. My shoulder went stiff as the fairy all come down to my eye level and bowed. There must be something tricking his eyes and ears right now.

I could feel my lips refusing to open as I tried putting words in my mouth.

"What are you? No, what is all this with my lord thing?" There was no hiding the nervousness in my voice but I think my reaction was completely normal given the situation. "Who am I?"

The fairies looked at each other trying to comprehend what I just said. They looked almost as shocked. A few moment passed before one of the fairies was about to open their mouth, but another made it.

"You forgot us?" A heartbreaking voice sounded. The others nodded, looking genuinely sad.

Noticing their upturned eyes, I didn't know what to make of the situation. It may be because how the fairies acted, it felt like I could trust them with my words so I shook my head and told them what I know.

"Sorry, I really don't know who you are. Or who I am for that matter..." I trailed off dryly. "I was only here few moments ago."

The fairies, again, turned to look at one another and beamed.

"That's alright! Just follow us!"

"We will take you around. Come!"

"Yeah!" Another chimed in.

All at once, three of them hanged around my arms and pulled me towards a single direction.

"Wai---" My words were cut off when I found myself hanging on to their little fingers. My body started following along with their gentle pull. It was a similar sensation walking to where the air goes by following the wind. The fairies gave their little laugh seeing how bewildered I was at this whole flying experience.

"Amazing..."

--

The fairies guided me to the nearest land and filled me in with new information while at it. Despite the initial awkwardness, they were being very helpful to a guy they just met. First of all, it seems like only I can communicate with them and see their tiny fairy form. Only a few gifted humans and other powerful mystical beings are capable of seeing their light specks. They were known as "Mana" apparently. A source of necessary energy to provide the nature. The colour of their wings represent their element. They are red, blue, green and yellow. Back on Earth, it was a pretty similar theory of nature elements: Fire, Water, Air and Earth.

"Wait," I paused. "So why is it only me that can talk to fairies?"

The fairies have long stopped guiding me how to fly, and now they were flying on par with my speed. The moment I asked that question, they became concerned again. The more I thought about it, the weirder their reactions were. The day was getting darker and darker, but our departure has not found any settlements since.

The fairies nibbled at their lips and gave an answer I was not expecting.

"That's because you are Arcturus." The Fire fairy said.

I furrowed my brows. "Arcturus?"

"Yes, Arcturus is the heart of this nature. The creator of lands and living."

I halted. My eyes blinked rapidly at the discovery, baffled.

"So, like, I'm similar to a god?"

My gaze fell on my invisible form. There's no way this is a body of a god.

The fairies noticed my disbelief and quickly shook her head. She flown few inches in front of me, I could almost feel her light wings tingling at the surface of my skin. She held the tip of my nose and stared into my eyes.

"You are a god. And also, the one and only, Arcturus."

 

0