2: I’m A Waterbender?!
93 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•

[3 Years Later...]

A few years passed, and I can now speak Korean. Our grandfather also visits us monthly. And he is apparently the head of "Awakened Union". It's familiar to me, I just can't quite remember where I've heard it from...

And a thing I've noticed, living in this new place these past few years, is that I can feel somewhat of a connection to water... It's like I cut off my finger but I can still move it. Do you get what I'm saying?

It's been bugging me out since then...

So, today, I tried to make it move.

...What? It's not like I can connect it to myself... I can't... I tried...

I fill up a glass with water, and I try to make it move. I make hand signs, I wave my hands, I even do a little dance! Nothing worked! But the feeling is still there...

Hmm... Is it not moving because I'm forcing it to move?

With a sigh, I close my eyes and I don't force it to move, I just focus and I let the feeling flow naturally.

I stuck out my hand and I felt the cold water on my hands. 

{General POV}

Shinji opens his eyes and he gasps a little. The water floated around his hand for a second until it collapsed.

'I'm a freaking waterbender!?? What is this, Avatar: The Last Airbender, but Korean?!?' thought the boy.

As Shinji contemplates things, he doesn't notice his father standing behind him.

"S-Shinji... You awakened!" exclaimed his father as he hugged his son.

"A-awakened?" asked the boy.

"Awakened. It means that you've gained your Ability! You're an Awakener now!" replied the man.

"What are Awakeners?..." questioned the boy, on the verge of putting two on two together.

"Awakeners are people who have special abilities. Your mother and I were Awakeners too!" said the father as he materialized a sphere of ice out of nowhere.

"Ehhh!??"

Then something clicked inside the boy's mind.

'Awakened. Awakeners... Awakened Union. Abilities... Hell, even Subin! Am I in Eleceed!?' shouted the boy inwardly.

...

{Shinji POV}

"Is Grandpa an Awakener too?" I ask.

"Err, yes..." he answers, quite awkwardly.

"Sir Lee? The Chairman is here..." said a woman in all-black attire.

"Alright, thank you for letting me know. Ahem, Shinji, let's show grandpa the news!" my father told me, the excitement clear in his voice.

"A-all right..." I reply, unsure.

...

In the living room...

We greet my grandfather and my father tells him the news...

"Father, Shinji has awakened." stated my father, the previous excitement gone, replaced with a formal tone.

"Really? Is that true, Shinji?" asked the old man, with a shocked face.

"Y-yes, grandpa..." I answer.

"Can you show me?" he requested.

"Y-yes, uh, I need water..."

...

After a maid got me a glass of water, I try to do what I did.

The water floats and I try to form it into a sphere. I sort of accomplished it, but it kept on shaking.

"I see. Just like your mother's ability..." he said, putting his hand on his chin.

"What about Subin?..." asked my grandfather.

"I don't think she's awakened... yet." my father answered.

...

Alright, let's think about this. I died in a boating accident, and got reincarnated in the world of Eleceed, with the ability to control water?...

Sh*ttt! I'm in a world where people can control gravity, and all I can do is control water!

Hold on! If I remember correctly, people can teach me their "Force Control"! Well, if they're willing to...

[A/N: Force Control- A term used by Awakeners to describe a technique that can develop one's ability. Depending on the Force Control used, awakeners can gain specific abilities.]

Even Jiwoo used Electricity from Kayden's Force Control, even though his Ability is Super Speed...

Subin and even the Seongha guy can manifest ice! Cryokinesis or whatever...

If I learn their Force Control and develop my own, then I would, at least, be able to defend myself from someone who wants to kill me. Since Granpa is a f*cking bigshot, there's bound to be someone that wants to harm me.

Also, really? Giving someone who drowned to death the ability to control water?... What a nasty guy, whoever reincarnated me... F*cking prick.

...

A new day has begun and it seems like grandpa has slept over.

{General POV}

Shinji woke up with a yawn. He looked over to his side and saw Subin, still sleeping, and drooling.

He got up from their tiny bed and thought to himself.

'Damn, they really transitioned from crib to bed pretty fast...'

...

As the boy walked toward the kitchen, he could hear his father and grandfather's conversation at the dining table.

"Do we teach him The Union's Force Control, Father?" asked a man.

"No... I'll teach him my own Force Control. Thankfully, his ability and my Force Control are very compatible. At least he'll be able to master it in a short time, " replied the unnoticeably old man.

"When do we tell them about 'it'?"

The boy's grandfather replied, "When they're old enough."

...

'Wow... He's willing to teach his own Force Control?... And he's the Head of Awakened Union, he must be stupidly strong...' thought our Protagonist.

•~•~•~•~•

"Shinji... I want you to practice your ability. Do you understand me?" asked the old man.

"Y-yes, but why?" replied the boy. But what was going on in his mind was,

'I was going to practice it, even if you told me to or not... I'm in a world where old men can wave their hands and suddenly break my back, for god's sake!'

"That's good to know. I will explain it to you when your sister gets her awakened ability." the boy's grandfather said with a smile.

"O-okay!"

Shinji turned his back from his father, shouting inwardly with a grin, 'The grind begins, baby!'

****

What did you think of the chapter?

3