25: Flaws
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•~•~•~•~•~•

But, suddenly, the boy widened his eyes in pain as blood gushed out of his nose.

****

The smell of blood arises as it drips out of Shinji's nose. He then clutches his head in pain.

'Sh*t! My head feels like it's being split into different parts!'

...

After a few minutes, the pain subsides and the boy sighs in relief.

'Thank god I experienced that right now, and not in a crucial battle... I would have been so f*cked...' thought the boy bitterly, wiping the blood on his face.

****

[Flashback ends~]

{Shinji POV}

Ever since then, I haven't used more than 4 Abilities at once.

Yeah... Since I almost mastered Pyrokinesis, I decided to just first focus on my original Awakened Abilities.

And... seeing as how I already developed Hot Ice... I think it's time to move on to one of the more deadly techniques of Hydrokinesis...

Blood Control... Mumuehehehe.

Ahem.

Hmm... Yeah. Let's do it.

But... What would I test my bloodbending on...? Wait! Maybe some rats? Some literal test rats, pfft.

Yeah... I'm gonna have Scotus catch me a rat after this lesson...

...

I was brought out of my monologue when Professor Neo arrived, alongside him was a muscular but sexy woman.

Wonder what they're going to teach us...

"Good morning, class." greeted Professor Neo.

"Good morning, sir!" responded the class.

"Alright. Today, we're going to do something different from our normal classes. For the next 6-8 months, Miss Rumi and I will be conducting a collaborative class." stated Professor Neo. He then signaled for Rumi to continue...

"Yep. We are going to split you maggots into two categories; Long-Range attackers or Conjurers, and Close-Combat Fighters or Augmenters. In your first year, we focused on developing your weak-ass bodies' strength capabilities and your Abilities' effectiveness.

But, this year, we'll focus on how well you can use your Abilities in certain conditions. For Augmenters, I will aim to increase the time you can keep your Abilities active. So, focus on surviving, idiots." she ended with a malicious grin.

Professor Neo interjected, "Yes, for Conjurers, however, it will be more challenging. Conjurers can be proven to be quite the annoying opponent for Close-Combat Fighters. But, they have one fatal flaw. Conjurers tend to stay in place when their Abilities are active. Yes, they may be able to dodge sideways, but they, more often than not, cannot keep their Abilities active when running or performing similar actions.

That's why, when Augmenters can get close to Conjurers, it will mostly lead to the latter's defeat. This is where I come in. I will be helping you overcome this flaw."

After Professor Neo finished, a student raised their hand.

"Yes?"

"Is this related to the reason you taught us that Force Control at the start of the School Year, Sir?" asked the student.

"Indeed. Now, let's get started on the lesson, shall we?"

...

Wow...

I didn't even think of that f*cking weakness! Sir Neo's totally right!

And hold on... Since Duke can be classified into either of the categories... He'd need to take on both Professors' classes.

Damn. Sucks to be him. Don't get me wrong, I like to get stronger, but I mean, I still value my free time!

Alright... Now, where are those f*ckers...

...

There they are!

"Oi, you guys were almost late," I tell two students.

"Yeah! Of course! It's because you didn't wake us up!" answered Thorne, the f*cker.

"Oh yeah, you little sh*t? You're gonna blame it on me?" I reply, pinching his ear and twisting it.

"Arghh!"

"Uhm... Guys...?" voiced out a quiet voice.

"Dang! Alright, alright! It's not your fault! Stop!"

...

After a few minutes, Caspian soon split up with me and Thorne to go to Miss Rumi's lesson.

And I get it. If he was late, he'd probably get crushed under those legs of hers, hah!

Wait... That wouldn't be a bad thing to die of...

Ahem, I'm losing focus.

Anyway, Thorne and I went to Professor Neo's class and I could see him coaching a Telekinetic kid, struggling to keep his hold on an object while walking.

Damn. That's going to be me later... F*ck, I'd look so lame, struggling like that... But, anything for more strength.

...

A few moments later, Professor Neo instructed us to follow what he was doing, which was using our Abilities while moving. He demonstrated his ability by controlling a metallic puppet and synchronizing it with his movements. Soon, he began running. After a few seconds, he stopped and told us to mimic him.

It's pretty hard, not gonna lie... I would summon an icicle and walk. When I do, it would shake, and my control over it would slip away. But, when I ran, it would just fall on the ground.

After a few more failures, Sir Neo advised us to first do small actions.

Alright, let's get serious...

****

Two hours later...

"Very well. You all did great for this day. We will finish it at that. You have the rest of the time until Lunch to yourselves. Please keep practicing this, as we will test everyone on your progress next week.

...

I did f*cking awesome! I managed to be able to walk forward without my control slipping! Though it still shakes... But still, I did progress!

"Hey! Shinji! Come look at this!" shouted Thorne.

"Alright..."

...

I approached him and he leads me to grassy terrain. He immediately starts walking, step by step.

"So? What's the big deal?" I ask.

"Look at my footprints!"

Hm?

I kneel down to look at it closely and...

I-

There are small, thin, roots on his footprints! It would be very unnoticeable if you're not focusing on looking for them...

"Cool right?" he tells me.

"To be honest? It's f*cking awesome!"

Summoning roots at every step?

That would make for a very OP technique once he masters this!

****

What did you think of the chapter?

0