Prologue [2] – The Butchery!
81 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[1982 Words]
-------------
The two marines stood still for a second. They couldn't see any ship, boat or floating object from which the person in front of them came. And even though they were talking lazily, it didn't mean that they were slacking in their work.

They are the marines belonging to the second division. They aren't one of the normal marines that you will find in the blues or the divisions below theirs. They possess the necessary strength, battle experience and ruthlessness to participate in the Summit War of Marineford.

They have lost their comrades and have gone through pain and agony which hardened their mental resilience.

That's why both of them weren't foolish, the person in front of them isn't a normal human. He must have swum from the part far beyond their sight, which is impossible for even them. He must be stronger than them at least, so that's the reason they were wary. He doesn't possess any devil fruit so it's slightly better for them.

People on the other two entrances had still not noticed what was happening in the middle entrance of the base. So, he must have the ability to conceal his power as well which makes him at least as strong as a Lieutenant Commander.

Jake, one of the marines took a deep breath and said to the person in front of them nervously, "Who are you? I would require your name and the purpose for which you came here. We are the marines and we would help you if you need some help. "

They didn't rush to warn the marine base like idiots. They were talking with the man diplomatically and politely. They would only inform the marine base with the alarm they had in their pockets if the person in front of them showed any sign of hostility.

The man who was sitting on the platform stood up. His expression was something those men could explain. He didn't look too old, possibly between the age of 25-30 years old. He couldn't have seen much of the world as he wasn't that old.

But his face reflected maturity as that of a veteran...

The other partner of Jake put his hand on his sword at his waist with suspicion on his face and voiced Jake's question again, "We would require your name and purpose for coming here. This is a marine base and only authorized people are allowed to enter here."

The unknown man let out a deep sigh and didn't reply to them.

His stance changed into that of a warrior, as his eyes were lit up with extreme hostility.

Both of them easily recognised that expression. Their experiences in the war had given them the ability to recognise a foe when they see one.

That was an expression which was going to fight...

They didn't know why he was attacking or who the hell he was, but they felt sure about that feeling.

And their judgement was spot-on.

Jake slammed his hand against the button of the alarm device in his pocket to warn the inhabitants of the marine base as soon as possible.

The intruder didn't pay much attention to that action and dashed toward the two marines. He grabbed the jaw of Jake's partner and crushed it with brute force.

"Aghhhhhh!!!!!"

He then clutched Jake's partner by his neck and slowly but surely, squashed his neck while flattening his vocal cords in the process.

"Egh..."

"Urk..."

"Gr...uhh..."

Only twisted grunts left the marine's barely working vocal cords.

Jake had an expression of pure agony on his face as his long-time comrade was getting killed in front of his eyes.

It just happened so fast that Jake was not able to comprehend what had just happened in that short 10 seconds. As he regained his sanity, he growled at the intruder and pulled out the rifle from behind his back.

He had been using that rifle for many years and he could shoot several bullets in just a second. His fingers pressed the trigger and the bullets left the rifle.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

The intruder moved his head a little sideways as he dodged the incoming bullets with ease as if he was able to judge the trajectory of the bullet itself and move accordingly. He dropped Jake's partner onto the ground as he focused on the enemy in front of him first.

However, the move of firing bullets at the intruder was useful only from a strategic viewpoint as it managed to warn the other soldiers at the other two entrances. Jake was successful in one of his objectives, and for the second objective, he just wanted to kill the person in front of him.

There were four marines in total on the other two entrances. All of them focused their attention on the unknown intruder at the middle entrance.

The intruder didn't waste any time and sped up to Jake. As soon as Jake pulled his trigger for another firing, he grabbed the gun by the barrel and took it from its owner's hand.

The man had held the gun from the barrel and smashed Jake's head with the other part of the gun.

Bam!

"Agh!"

Wham!

"H-Help me!!!!"

Bam!

"P-plish stop."

Wham!

"Guh!"

A series of hits took place, as the gun got repeatedly slammed into Jake's head. The sound of skull cracking and the blood dripping from the gun was an awful scene for the other marines.

The man struck Jake a couple more times which turned Jake into a dead man with a mangled face and dripping blood.

The intruder threw the bloodied gun into the ocean and locked his eyes with the marines at the left entrance.

The two marines gulped and looked at their enemy with terrified expressions. From the scene they witnessed just now, they knew they had no way to win against such a person. He may not look strong as the strength he showed was not that high but still, that bloodlust and that ruthlessness left a deep impact on their minds. Even if they could defeat him, their mental status had been affected. So, they would unconsciously always think that the intruder is stronger than them.

The intruder suddenly jumped towards them at a high speed. The force he exerted on the metal platform to propel himself to them left a deep imprint on the platform.

They scratched the thought of them being stronger than him, possibly only the marine officers could defeat this person...

Still, they couldn't shy away from their duty and hence, they stood with their swords in a stance as their enemy approached them.

However, their foe was too much for them to handle. they were just sitting ducks in front of him.

That person kicked the head of one of the Marines into the ground.

Splash!

That head burst like a watermelon when it hit the platform. Blood was everywhere with more of it spurting out of his head and a headless body was lying on the floor.

He grabbed the other marine's hand and pulled that man towards himself. The force of pulling put up a lot of impact on the marine's hand which resulted in the muscles tearing up and cracks appearing in his bones.

Crack!

Crack!

"Kraaaaaa!!!!!!!!! What the f*ck!!!"

As the marine came into that man's immediate vicinity, the man grabbed the marine by the back of the neck and threw him against the entrance.

"Helf me! Hel-"

Smash!

The neck hit the entrance at an awkward angle which led to a fracture in the cervical spine of the man. And the marine slumped dead on the platform.

That man didn't lose any time and moved towards the entrance to the far right, the marines on that part had a look of pure helplessness.

They had no choice, no way of surviving. They had already tried to call for help from the marine base by using the alarm button in their pockets, however, there was no reply. They had also tried the den-den mushi with which they had to contact the people in the marine base but they couldn't get ahold of them

They were fucked. They are just dead men with only a few seconds to leave. They fired at him with a gun.

"Die, you demon!!!! Die! Die!!!"

However, he easily managed to dodge the bullets.

The intruder grabbed the two soldiers and bashed them against each other, both of them died easily after getting their skulls cracked and brains turned into smush.

Bash!

Bash!

...

...

...

Silence reigned over the atmosphere for a while. And the man came back to the middle entrance. As soon as he started to move towards the metal gate in front of him, the silence in the atmosphere was broken by a sound.

Purururu!

The sound of a den-den mushi...

The sound was coming from the dead pocket of Jake who lay dead on the platform.

The intruder walked to Jake and turned him around. He took the den-den mushi out from his pocket.

It was a standard den-den mushi with a navy emblem on its shell. The den-den mushi had a creepy and wide smile on its face as it was waiting for someone to pick it up.

Gacha!

"Shurororo... Captain. How are you doing?", said an unknown voice behind the call.

The captain of the person didn't reply but continued staring at the den-den mushi.

"I know you must be starting without an expression at the den-den mushi, captain. I know how you react to things like these. Shurororo...".

For the first time since he came to the G-2 Marine base, the intruder spoke something, "Tell me what you want to say."

"Oh, Captain. Why are you so stuck up? You should enjoy life a little more. Hmm... Anyways, did you enjoy killing those marines heartlessly? You could have made them faint and given them a painless death but you decided to use the lowest strength you can use to kill them. It's not the first time I have seen that but I have always been curious. Can you tell me why you do that?", asked the man behind the call curiously.

"You won't understand. Have you taken over all the visual den-den mushis?"

"You don't have to tell if you don't want to. And yes, they are in my control, for now, that's how I could see your fight. It's for max to max 20 minutes as the navy would try to wrestle back the control of those den-den mushis soon. You don't have much time, captain. Shurorororororo..."

"That's more than enough...Listen you clown, I don't care what you do on your own but stop trying to play these stupid games with me. Or you would get worse death than these people you saw."

Their talk is interrupted by the small grunts of a man in pain. It seems that Jake's partner was still not dead, there was no movement in him except a slight up and down gesture of his chest which indicated him breathing.

The captain moved over to the barely living person and looked into his eyes full of dread. His eyes were begging for him to not die, to have the opportunity to live for a single more movement.

"Grrk..."

"Rugh..."

"Helf mi"

...

...

...

Stomp!

The intruder stomped down on the head of Jake's Partner relieving him of his existence in the living plane.

The den-den mushi which was in his hand had sweat all over his face and a pale expression.

The man said to his subordinate through the den-den mushi, "Give me those 20 minutes. Nothing else is needed. I can finally test out my strength properly."

The voice behind the den-den mushi said with a slight nervousness in his tone, "Of course, Captain Kaiser."

-----------------
(End of the Chapter)

Sorry for the late chapter. I had to go to meet my relatives.

Give me your opinion about how the fight was. The actual fights will happen in the next chapter so stay tuned for it!

And who was the person who was talking through the den-den mushi? 🤔.

Tell me here. I have given you guys a couple of hints.

4