The Brown family tree
4.2k 22 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work, you can support me at patreón/DreamyApe

*********************************************************************************************************

'There is no doubt about where I am.' I thought, looking at the wand that lay on top of my bedside table.

"This is obviously the world of Harry Potter and I am a Wizard."

'I can somehow hear Hagrid saying "Yer a wizard, Harry" in my head.'

'Now if I haven't gone crazy, then that means that my t-shirt pulled me into a swirling whirlpool of dark mist and then I got hit by a lightning bolt and now I am in the body of Benedict Brown in the world of Harry Potter.'

"What kind of bullshit scenario is this?"

'I don't think that I've ever heard of a character named Benedict Brown, the only Brown I know of is Lavender Brown and she is not present in this world, at least not as far as I know.'

"Ughh this is such a pain."

'I don't even know much about Lavender Brown, except for the fact that she was the girliest girl in the series, the stereotypical teenage girl that dated Ron Weasley and called him Won Won'

"It's 25th August 1991 and I am 11 years old and will be going to Hogwarts in a week."

'If there is no Lavender Brown that can only mean that I have taken her place and this world is somewhat different from the world of Harry Potter that I know of.'

"Ah! This is not good." I said clutching my head.

'From what I remember, Lavender Brown's fate in the books is.. Inconclusive at best and in the movies she straight-up gets mauled to death by a werewolf, not to mention the race change she goes through in the movies.'

"Such a load of bullshit." I think looking at a pale white-skinned brown-haired boy in the mirror.

'I remember hearing a lot of people outraging on the internet why a brown character was whitewashed and played by a white actor.'

'I guess brown in the name doesn't represent the colour of the skin eh, magical Britain was a lot more accommodating of the different skin colours than the muggle Britain, I don't think a family would be named after the colour of their skin.'

"Ahh, I'm Knackered. It's best if I lie down for a bit." I said laying my head down on my pillow.

'Benedict doesn't seem to have been a very bright lad. All he or now I, seemed to care about is that blasted game of Quidditch and lazying around with his friends.'

There was hardly any information about the Brown family history in my memories. All I know is about my uncle Arthur, about his bravery and sacrifice. He was 18 years old when he died defending a family of muggles in the first wizarding war just four months after joining the Auror recruitment.

'It seems that my father loved his little brother dearly.'

Nigel brown talked about his brother often. Arthur's death had made him worry about my safety a lot more, he didn't even let me go to my friend's house for a sleepover. I was never even allowed to touch a broom till now, maybe that's why I was so fixated on Quidditch, it was my forbidden fruit.

'I gotta deal with an overprotective father instead of mother in this life huh.' I thought as I fell asleep.

In the evening, after cleaning up the mess in the attic I still got an earful from my father about how dangerous magic can be, and how I should be careful while using it. I even got my wand confiscated till I leave for school, even though that poor stick did no wrong. My father was a slender man reaching about 5'11'' in height. His figure did not inspire much confidence but, he did have genuine concern in his voice for my safety.

"How will I learn if I don't practice and make mistakes?" I asked him.

"You'll do plenty of wand-waving at Hogwarts." He said.

'Somethings never change huh, I remember my Laptop getting confiscated for playing games instead of studying.' I thought as I made my way towards the basement. If I could find anything about the Brown family history, I would find it here.

After searching through the cold-dark basement, I didn't find much. There were a few boxes full of useless old stuff, I might search them thoroughly later. A few covered portraits, none of whom I recognised. None of them looked very sentient. The degree of intelligence in a portrait is dependent on the skill of the painter and how much personality of the subject he can enchant into the portrait. All of the portraits here only repeated a few phrases when I woke them up. One of them even looked piss drunk and wanted to race horses with me. He had a gambling problem as well it seems.

After hearing them babble on for a bit, I covered them up again.

The only thing of note was the wall that was hidden behind all of this stuff. A brown tree with a name written on each of its branches in gold. It was a literal family tree. I didn't see my or my parent's name on it though, looks like it hasn't been updated in a while. I did see Benedicte written on a branch, but I'm sure that wasn't me because lots of other branches were diverging from that branch.

'This is enough to go on, for now, I can question mum and dad about it and maybe learn a bit more about these names on the wall.' I thought as I made my way back up.

Calling them mom and dad, was weird. Was I really their son? Or was I an imposter who killed their son and took over his body? Well, it doesn't matter really, none of it was in my control. I didn't have a choice in coming here, but I do have a choice in how I live going forward. As for Benedict, I am sure death is taking proper care of him, after all, there is no reincarnation in this world, and all of the souls are with death herself. If my theory is correct, then I was pulled here by death. It may be some other powerful entity, but I highly doubt that. As for why? she didn't deem it necessary to inform me, or maybe I will know why someday.

'I wonder how my parents reacted to my death, they'll get over it I'm sure, although I am not sure if there was even a body left for cremation.'

*********************************************************************************************************

A/N: Who are your favourite Harry Potter characters? Comment down below.

147