Sparks and Clairvoyance
3.2k 7 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work, you can buy me a banana smoothie at patreón/DreamyApe

--

"HoHo! Master Windu is here witches," He exclaimed with a huge grin on his face as he firmly held his deadly weapon in hand.

After two minutes of waving and posing with the dagger in front of the mirror, it slowly grew faint and disappeared.

'So it lasts 2 minutes and consumes half of my current Magicka, I feel like I can increase the duration with a bit of practice.'

He could already feel his exhausted Magicka replenish slowly and was already full again. In the game, he could recover about 1% in combat and about 3% out of combat, he wondered if it was the same here. He will have to find out later.

'Alright, let's get to the other spells,' he thought as he picked up a tome with a burning palm on the cover, after performing his first spell successfully, Ben was feeling quite confident and decided to go for the destruction spell model, 'Sparks'.

He was once again blinded by a flash of light and a bunch of memories emerged in his mind, he pointed his hand outside his window this time to avoid any unforeseen damage to the room. He focused on channelling his Magicka towards his right hand, his fingers started feeling a bit numb as small sparks of electricity danced around his hand.

*ZAPP*

A bright flash of blue lightning escaped his hand and bolted towards the thin oak branch that was hanging outside his window.

*Crack* *Thump*

"Ben! What are you doing up there?"

"Uh... Nothing mum, just.. clearing out the branches, they are coming too close to the window."

"Don't fall down the window, again."

"That was years ago, I'm not a kid anymore."

"Right.."

'Phew, that was more powerful than I had imagined, definitely stronger than a taser from my last life, strong enough to knock a wizard out cold, maybe not, wizards are considerably sturdier than muggles.'

"I can only maintain that for about 5 seconds before drying up my Magicka, good thing it seems to recover pretty fast, I am back to full in just about half a minute. I will be able to maintain it longer once my Magicka grows."

After resting for a bit, he decided to learn the remaining spell tomes, one with three circles, one on top of two, forming a triangle, on the cover, Clairvoyance, and another with a Phoenix covered with red flames on the cover, Healing. After two flashes of bright light, he learned them both.

To test the effectiveness of healing, he conjured his bound dagger again which felt a lot easier than the last time and nicked his palm with it. A small amount of blood flowed out of it.

'Let's start small and see how it feels.'

Ben focused his mind and a dim orange glow covered his whole body, the scratch on his hand got healed immediately and there was no sign of it left, except the blood that had flowed out of it.

'This is pretty useful, but I can only use it on my own body, let's see if it can recover deeper wounds.'

"Let's not. I'm not enjoying it at all."

After arguing with himself, he reluctantly decided to cut his palm just a bit deeper, which was no effort at all with his dagger.

"Gaah"

Ignoring the pain and the blood pooling in his hand, he focused on healing again and was covered by the orange glow once more, the wound stopped bleeding immediately and started to heal, when only a thin line was left in its place, the healing stopped, he was out of Magicka.

'The spell is very powerful, but my Magicka reserves are not enough, I can use healing for about 8 seconds.'

After recovering for a bit, he was able to heal his wound completely. One thing to note was that not only was his wound healed, but his body also felt a lot more relaxed, it was as if he had just taken a nap. The spell seemed to recover his stamina too, which made sense as Vitality and Magicka were the only two stats he had. The spell seemed to use Magicka to boost his Vitality.

"Now for the spell, I have been waiting for, Clairvoyance."

Ben had the most expectations from this spell, in this unfamiliar world, a spell that shows the way would come in handy the most, after all, he did not have 'The Marauder's map'.

He closed his eyes and focused on channelling his Magicka towards them, he could feel his senses quieting down and the world around him turned silent, he opened his eyes which now seemed to hold white clouds in them.

He looked around the room with his now blurry vision.

'Well, that didn't work. I don't see any path leading anywhere, Ahh, right, have to think of a goal first.'

His blurry vision turned back to normal and his senses returned too, it was like coming out of the water and being able to hear again, after recovering his Magicka, he tried again.

'Let's see here, I must form a clear image of what I want to find, a vague idea also works, but it will also give vague results.'

He focused hard and pictured his old room in their London flat, his senses dulled and his vision grew foggy as he drove Magicka to his eyes, in front of him, he could see an arrow made of blue light pointing westwards. Unlike in the game, the spell seemed to only show direction, to test his theory, Ben recast the spell, picturing his mother's face, this time the arrow was pointing downwards, towards the kitchen, it seemed she was already preparing for dinner.

'Haa, this is the hardest spell to perform so far, and I could only maintain it for only a second and it cost me a quarter of my Magicka, it takes a lot of concentration to gather Magicka to my eyes and form a clear image in my head at the same time.'

Even though the spell took a lot of effort, Ben was satisfied with it, even if it did not form a path, it was a very useful spell nonetheless.

After that Ben continued practising the spells until Dorothea called him for dinner, before going down he decided to take a look at his STATUS.

--

Name: Benedict Nigel Brown.

Species: Human[Wizard].

Age: 11 years 3 months 19 days.

Job: None.

Title: Dragonborn[Level 1].

Vitality: 100.

Magicka: 100.

-------------------------------------------------SKILLS-----------------------------------------------------

Conjuration[Level 2(Novice)]: Bound Dagger.

Destruction[Level 1(Novice)] : Sparks.

Illusion[Level 2(Novice)]: Clairvoyance.

Restoration[Level 1(Novice)] : Healing.

--

He had levelled Conjuration and Illusion to level 2, he felt that he was also close to levelling up Restoration but Destruction will have to wait until he finds a place to practice it properly, he had not cast the spell again after blowing up the poor branch.

One interesting thing that he noticed was that when he used his wand, he didn't seem to be using Magicka, the Magic power that he used when casting the levitation charm did not feel as intimate as the Magicka, which he could feel in his very soul. The Magic was in him and around him, the whole world seem to be entangled in magic, whereas the Magicka felt as if it came from a place deep within him, perhaps his soul.

With that thought, he absorbed the Mist back into his chest and ran down the stairs for supper.

-END OF CHAPTER-

A/N: Yes the whole chapter is just Spell descriptions and him using them, I didn't want to skip this part because there is a difference in how these spells work outside of a game. I also made a distinction between Magicka and the Magic that everyone else uses in HP because after reading the books and searching the internet, I did not find a way to define the quantity of Magic a person uses, they usually get stronger during intense emotional states and with stronger wands and also grow stronger with age, which can be termed as experience. There will be different implications of these differences which will come later.

121