Catch me if you can
2k 1 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tonight Ben had his first altercation after coming to this world. He could remember the whole fight vividly. Even though it only lasted a few minutes at most, everything was so slowed down in his head that it felt like ages.

It was not that this was Ben's first fight; he went to public school for speaking out loud, and that too in a rural town that no one cared about.

Fights were quite common at his school, and not the ones where kids just push each other around, but nasty ones with hockey sticks and all.

Ben had never been the kind to back away from a fight; the number of times he lied to his mom about bumping into a pole as the reason for his swollen face was unbelievable.

In the end, she took him to an ophthalmologist and coincidently, his eyesight was a little weak which seemed to have helped his lie.

Despite all that wand-waving that Ben had been doing for months, thinking how easily he would take care of death eaters and whatnot in the future, the reality of the situation had been quite humbling.

The biggest disappointment had been his mind; he had lost his cool. He had thrown caution to the wind and lunged at the man like a barbarian.

Although he had won, he was not satisfied with his performance. His opponents had been common crooks, the lowest of the lows in skills and good for nothing.

If he had so much trouble dealing with them, he could only prepare his will in advance if he faced anyone with decent skills.

Ben was so far into his thoughts that he didn't even realize when the Polyjouice Potion wore off; looking at the time, it must have lasted for a little over an hour. A small but significant improvement since the last batch.

Slowly lowering his broom, Ben quietly opened the window and entered the room. He set the antique broom on his Bed; just as he was about to take off his oversized robe, he heard a voice that made his heart stop for a second.

"Out for a moonlit jaunt, were you?" she said, coming out of the corner of the room.

"Umm...it's not what it looks like?" He said, tilting his head and blurting out the first excuse that came to his mind.

Even Ben did not sound very sure of his hasty excuse; he was caught with his robes down this time.

"Oh, is that so now? Sure, it looks like just what it is, if ye ask me," she said, getting closer.

"A-And what does it look like?" asked Ben trying to act coy.

"My boyo has finally grown," she said with a sense of pride as she locked him in a bear hug, popping his spine like a chiropractor.

"Aunt Meave, have you ever been told that you're surprisingly powerful for your size?" Ben said as the wind was squeezed out of his lungs.

He was getting tired of getting manhandled by the women in this family.

"Oh, look at ye go! Ye've gone and learnt how to fly on yer own, and on that old broomstick too! I'm that proud of ye, I am."

"You are proud?" The was visible confusion on his face. "But I'm not allowed to fly."

Ben never imagined that things would turn out this way when he flew into the room, aware that his aunt was lurking in the corner.

Yes, Ben had used [Clairvoyance] before entering the house and found Meave in his room instead of her own.

Being already so exhausted, Ben could not come up with any clever ideas, he would have to face her one way or the other.

"Oh, that's just your father being worried after ya," she said while waving her hand dismissively "he's taken it a bit too far if you ask me."

"So, you're not gonna tell him?" Ben questioned.

"As long as you keep mum about the-" she whispered, "-Apparition and your stomach's reaction to it."

"I'm not sure what you're referring to," he said feigning ignorance.

"Merlin's beard, ye've been learning a thing or two at Hogwarts, haven't ye now?" she said acting all surprised.

"Ah, I remember the days I used to sneak out at night with me broomstick, sure it was the same model as yers too, so it was," she said with a look of nostalgia, picking up Ben's broomstick.

"You did?" Ben asked.

"Oh aye, me ma wasn't too fond of me flyin' a bit. 'Be more like yer sister,' she'd say. But I didn't pay her no mind, I wanted to be on the Quidditch team, ye know."

"So, were you on the team?" he asked in anticipation.

"Aye, I was, a Hufflepuff Chaser I was, and a grand one at that, if it weren't for that Griffindor Seeker we'd have had the house cup in the bag," she said with a strange fire in her eyes.

"Hufflepuff?" Ben was taken aback more than anything else, by the fact that this bully of his aunt was in Hufflepuff.

"What's yer problem with the Hufflepuffs now, ye scruffy little raven?" She said, staring daggers at Ben.

"N-Nothing, it's just I always took you for a  Gryffindor," he said, unsure if he should run or fly if she explodes on him.

"That's what the hat thought too, but I didn't want to be in the same house as your mother at that time," she said

"Why? You two get along just fine," Ben asked curiously. From his memory, he could only see that the two sisters had been quite close.

"It was complicated back then," she said with a sombre look that quickly disappeared.

"Forget about that now, what do you say we go for a spin? You can show me how good you are at flyin' that broomstick of yours." She said excitedly, summoning a broomstick of her own.

"Catch me if you can," he shouted with a grin as he jumped straight out the window with his broomstick.

Ben thought he could finally show his talent on the broomstick to someone, but he was brutally brought back to reality.

He was quickly caught up and promptly kicked off the broom; For a minute there, he had forgotten his aunt's true nature.

"I could have died, you know," he screamed, suspended a few feet above the ground.

"Haa, bollocks, even if ye break a few bones, I'll have ye fixed up in no time. Let's be off," she stated, handing him his scruffy broomstick.

Ben was up for a rough night.

---DreamScape---

I think MC likes to be womanhandled. Yes, a masochist, that's the word I've been looking for.

Read more to find out if he is a S or a D at Patre@n/DreamyApe.

91