Chapter – 2
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His first class was quiet with very few students paying attention to what was being taught. Some just stared at him trying to get any kind of information, but it was in vain; the teacher continued with an unalterable expression.

They were surprised that a graduate of Taiso University didn't brag a bit about his achievements in academic life. They didn't know anything about Ariel and he also wasn't willing to disclose anything.

Until one of the girls asked, "Teacher, Is there a miss Faelin?"

The whole class froze waiting for his answer.

At this moment, Ariel paused for a moment, and turned toward the student who asked him, and replied as if it weren't a personal matter.

"You don't understand the economic and social importance this type of study brought ? No problem, I can explain again. They used a different quantitative methodology from those previously available making it easier to adress it in international meetings." 

Amazed by Ariel's cynicism, the questions ceased by the end of the class.

Returning his attention to the blackboard, he continued teaching the way he was doing before.

Obviously realizing the intention of their teacher, the students held a blank expression. And just like that the class ended quietly without further interruptions.

At break time, the subject of the beginning of year was the new and interesting(some may say boring) teacher.

Ariel was totally unaware that he had turned the attraction of the day.

Right now, he was carelessly and quietly drinking his tea in the staff room while analyzing his co-workers.

Most of them were much older people, but some teachers were only a decade older than he; still, he was the youngest of all.

On his first day he refused to approach his co-workers. Missed the chance to acquire tips on how to deal with a classroom filled with extremely unpleasant behaviors from upper class kids.

The mass of teachers looked at him and thought of him as an arrogant young man who barely knew of life.

Not that Ariel cared, part of his facade included building the image of an overestimated teacher... he needed to be underestimated.

In the schoolyard, a group of girls were chatting, while many boys stared at them with the typical look of effervescent puberty.

One of them being the stunning blonde girl that previously disappeared from the teacher's view with an indecipherable smile.

She seemed to be thinking of something, when one of her colleagues asked her.

"Liz, what do you think of the new teacher? Tomorrow one of our classes will be with him, I heard he was the first in class in the Taiso University."

Hers eyes flashed for a moment before answering: "I ... think he's just another pretty face... Another stupid Taiso graduate. I've seen dozens of them at dinner parties at my house." But her expression betrayed her by demonstrating what even the most naive narrator would define as something between longing and mischievous aspect.

"They might appear interesting at fist, but make no mistake, they would all sell themselves for a brief comment about their exploits in ther social or academic ambient."

And quickly the subject of the whole class became the same.

The opinion among the students were almost unilateral.

On one side, the female students had a desire to learn more about the new and charming teacher, annoying him was also an option.

On the other hand, the male students felt uncomfortable and jealous of Ariel, which with a simple apparition managed to create a riot among the female students. Some of them were just waiting for the opportunity to report the teacher for involvement with minors as soon as he make his moves.

Well, something like that was way beyond what Ariel intended to do. The women once in his life caused and continued to cause problems. He was beyond that now. No flirting and chatting with possible partners, especially talking about girls who were almost ten years younger than him.

He couldn't afford to go to jail. At least not until he found out what he needed to find out.

And he would, even if his search ended in a coffin under a priest's sermon in an empty chapel.

0