Chapter – 9
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Talk about disappointment. Twenty two remaining students, not one of them having any kind of skill. Not a single one.

This isn’t the time to be depressed though.

And he only broke his promise of not using offensive moves against two students. But the feeling was only momentary. He started training when he was eleven. Not everyone had a freak of a master as he did.

It’s no use crying over spilled milk.

He would teach them well. Taiaso for him wasn’t about competition and triumph over others. Taiaso was art and understanding. And he always treated it with respect and patience.

Because while a painter had his brush, Ariel had his clarity. Because when despair hit him, he would close his eyes and balance his imbalance.

He didn’t how these young students in front of him dealt with challenges and adversities. He did know though that Taiaso could help them regarding that. God only knows what would have happen to him, a young orphan with hatred of everything and everyone, without anything that would help him channel the whirlwind of emotions that always accompanied him.

I still have many things that make me incapable of sleeping some nights. But that’s why I came to this place. My answers lie here.

“So, I guess I see you guys two days from now? Be prepared. Today was all about evaluation and me getting to know all of you. Next time we’ll actually get somewhere. That’s all.”

Waving at them, he packed up his things and was ready to leave when someone held his wrist. Looking back he saw the fat kid that got beat up a while ago.

“Kanri, right?”

Nodding at him, he said: “Can I talk to you about something?”

Come on, he isn’t gonna ask me to beat those guys ain’t he? That would be just lame.

Looking at his wrist watch, Ariel answered: “Sure, I’ve got a few minutes before my next class.”

“It's simple. I just want to know for how long have you been training?”

“You mean Taiaso? Well, I’m 24 right now, so I guess you could say around thirteen years.”

As if all his hope went away, Kanri gaped and looked down.

“Why do you ask?” He was just going along with the conversation. He knew where the conversation would end up at.

At least he isn’t a coward who doesn’t fight his own battles.

Straightening his posture, Kanri looked straight into Ariel's eyes.

He started. “Hmm... Ok. Let's not pretend we didn't saw what happened back there.”

“Those retards beat the shit out of me. And I know they are just stupid bullies that would end up in the gutter in a few years if it weren't for their parent's fortune. But at the moment, they are stupid bullies in Taiaso main class that can bring me down in a few seconds.”

“So you have to answer me. How long would I have to train before I beat them both?”

Should I go easy on him?

“Well, taking in consideration yours and theirs current level, along with your motivation and assuming that you would train seriously in all proposed classes…” Momentarily pausing his comment to see the anticipation in his student, Ariel continued.

“I can say for sure that… never.”

“If that’s all, see you next class.” Walking away without looking back, Ariel had cast his bait.

“Wait. Wait. What do you mean never? It’s because I am fat? Because I’m not made for this? How can you think that after seeing me for the first time today?! Come on dude, I know I’m not good in things most people are good at, but I heard somewhere that Taiaso is for anyone.” Kanri looked like he was going to collapse.

Oh. I went to hard on him, master did told me I have no sensibility at all.

“Wow. Calm down kid. Not one of the things you just said passed through my mind. Take a deep breath.”

“You know why I said never? That’s because you think Taiaso is something made to hurt people. I don’t teach people for the wrong reasons.”

“And you know why? It’s not because I am a herald of morality and justice. Fuck no. It’s because people who learn through hate and destructive reasons don’t learn right. They become incapable of achieving real knowledge.”

That was at the very least inspiring. I didn’t knew I could sound so dramatic. But it isn’t like I lied, I just hope he gets it right.

“You can’t just say that and think I’ll listen quietly. Don’t condescend me. Do you even know how humiliating is it? To get beat up in front on all the girls? What is like getting home bruised from head to toe and having to lie to my parents?”

“I don't like to fight. I don't like the ideia of hurting people. I just want to fight them for the last time. It's fighting them so that I don't have to fight them.”

Ariel was actually stunned. With the interactions he have had so far with his students, nothing he saw had been very authentic. The way they acted with him and between fellow classmates was part of the typical high school social convention. In his time as a college student things hadn't been that different.

He saw part of the young Ariel in the boy. Of course the proportions of his case had been larger and involved... proportionally much more devastating damage. Still, that seemed like a good enough reason to him.

For when he was in that situation ... again in exponentially greater proportions, he found someone leading him in the right direction. Someone who at least showed him which direction was the right one.

Kanri mistook Ariel's poker face for an irritated expression and was about to apologize.

“I’m sorry te-”

“Sounds reasonable enough. Come find me at the end of next class. Then we can discuss how I am going to help you.”

The boy's eyes were already teary when he hugged his teacher tightly.

“Thank you so much teacher, I’m gonna do everything you ask!”

Pushing him away with dissatisfaction, he said: “Let me go before I regret this decision.”

“Sure, sure.” And then he did.

Ariel could have sworn he saw the boy jumping for joy for at least one hundred meters before losing sight of him.

There was no going back now, he thought.

As if I didn’t have a lot of things to resolve about my own anger issues.

0