Ch. 52
293 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After defeating Beast, Kenji finally has the time to take a look at his current surroundings.

What he saw are just a bunch of trees, insects, grass, and some wild animals.

He was about to go back when he suddenly felt pain in his heart as if he was having a heart attack.

Not knowing what was happening, Kenji tried to fight back and stay awake or try to use his power, but to no avail, he seems to be crippled and he can't move.

Before his vision turns black, he heard a voice.

"It is time."

And before he knew it, he finally fell unconscious.

When Kenji finally opens his eyes, Kenji saw that he was floating in space, surrounded by unknown stars and planets.

"Where am I?" He tried to look around, perhaps he could find earth, but it seems like he can't use his supervision, where he could zoom his sight.

Not only that, but he also tried to fly around or use his powers, but it looks like he lost his abilities and he can't do anything.

"It's no use." He heard a heavy voice behind him, forcing him to look behind.

And there he saw, a huge humanoid being, but instead, his body was made up of small stars, and black lines, outlining the shape of his body.

Basically, he looks like a compressed universe inside a body.

"What are you?" Instead of asking who he was, curiosity overwhelms Kenji which led to him asking what he was instead of who.

"I am known by many names, but the most famous is the Star Monarch." The galaxy being introduced himself which shocked Kenji up to his core.

When Kenji heard that he was the Star Monarch, countless thoughts were running on Kenji's mind, trying to figure out why the Star Monarch personally meet him.

However, there is only one that fits the reason. Which is he is the Vessel of the Star Monarch.

It's pretty obvious if you use your brain for once after all. He could get strong by bathing in the sun, which is a STAR.

Then there is also the fact that, whenever the Star Monarch is mentioned, there is something inside him that seems to be reacting.

"You may call me Star Monarch but I prefer the one you use to call me back then." The Star Monarch spoke.

Hearing what he said, Kenji was once again, confused. What the hell does he mean by 'the one you use to call me back then'?

As far as he knows, he doesn't even know who he is, and lastly, he just met him like 5 minutes earlier.

"You may not know who I am now, but you know me very well, in your past life." After that, the Star Monarch slowly started changing in appearance.

At first, Kenji was confused but as time passed, his face slowly contorted in shock, while he was pointing his finger toward him.

"C-Caesar?!?"

That's right, the appearance that the Star Monarch changed into was actually his long-time furry friend, Caesar.

But how?

"No wait, you're not Caesar! You're just pretending to be him, just by copying his appearance right?" Kenji refused to believe the 'fake' Caesar.

"I knew that you'd say that. If you don't believe me, then how can I prove it to you?"' Caesar said.

"Alright then, what was the last word you said to me before you died?" Kenji asks.

"Thank you." With a warm expression, Caesar said his last words to him.

Feeling his emotions unstable, Kenji could see Caesar's past and the present overlapping each other.

The way he said it, his emotion, his expression, everything is exactly the same.

The same goes for how he said it. It comes from the heart. Only someone who is truly thankful and loves him could achieve that kind of expression.

"Caesar..." Kenji wanted to cry his heart out however, he was currently a soul and he doesn't have a body to produce tears.

So without speaking, he tried his best to get close to him and try to hug him very tightly.

Caesar, seeing his intention, didn't let Kenji move and instead, he went to Kenji himself before hugging him.

"How have you been, friend?" Kenji asks him, wanting to know what happened to him.

"It's a long story, my friend. So I'll keep it short, a random God was impressed by the intelligence I showed and gave me a chance to be reborn as the Star Monarch of a universe." Caesar started narrating his story before continuing.

"At first I was confused, but then my supposed creator, The Absolute Being, taught me everything I needed to know."

"Out of all the Monarchs and Rulers, I was his favorite. Even though he was cold on the outside, he actually cared about us."

"But those damn, Rulers decided to rebel and kill him!" This time, Caesar seems to be angry, and the whole space seems to shake.

"I would never forget them, f*cking traitors!" Caesar continued to rage on before calming down.

"So, what has this got to do with me?" As much as Kenji wanted to calm him down, he can't seem he can't move.

"*sigh* You have a crucial position in this war, old friend." Caesar sighed before getting serious.

With a confused look, Kenji gestures for him to continue, which Caesar did.

"Before the Rulers rebelled, The Absolute Being gave me a portion of his power. He said that I can only give it to someone worthy and someone I could trust." Caesar said before casting him a serious look.

As if solving the piece of the puzzle, Kenji finally gets the gist of why he was in this world.

"Then you gave me the-."

"Yes. However, I couldn't let others know about it, so the only way to disguise it was to make you my Vessel at the same time."

"That's why you get stronger the more you bath in the sun, as it is part of my power to get stronger under any stars."

"But what about the Superman powers? Was it part of your powers too?" Kenji asks.

"It's just a bonus I decided to give you since I knew how much you like Superman and DC." Caesar smiled and said.

"So, I'm not really Superman?" Kenji seems saddened about it.

"Well, considering that you resemble everything about him, minus the kryptonite weakness then you could be the Superman of this universe," Caesar said, however, there is one part that seems to help Kenji recall something.

"Wait. If I'm not Superman, then how come I have a weakness against magic?" Kenji was dying to know the answer since he heard about what Caesar said.

"Oh yeah about that, I purposely added that because if I didn't then you'll become invincible and you'll never die," Caesar explained.

Getting confused about this. Did Caesar perhaps want him to die early? For what, so he could join him in heaven sooner?

As if reading his mind, Caesar immediately tried to clear the confusion.

"No, that's not what I meant. What I meant is that you needed to die first so I could personally meet you by taking away your soul."

"But despite that, you still managed to win against Two Monarchs, so I have no choice but to personally kill you by directing all of the energy in your body to overload your heart." Caesar calmly explained.

"If that's the case, then why not just kill me when needed instead of giving me no resistance of magic, making my life a bit harder," Kenji grumbled.

"Well, tell me. If you have a chance to kill your friend then will you do it?" Caesar asks.

"No," Kenji answers, after all, why would you kill your friend even if you have the chance?

"See, that's the point, It's hard for me to kill you myself but because of the circumstances, I have no choice but to kill you myself. Anyway, when you inherit the Absolute Being's powers, I think you'll get resistance or possibly, be immune towards magic." Caesar finally finished explaining the situation.

"I see. If so, then can you tell me the purpose of all of this?" Kenji finally asks the million-dollar question that has been bugging him off.

"I am here to help you fully awaken the portion of The Absolute Being's power," Caesar said.

"Wait, how about me being your Vessel?" Kenji asks.

"Hold on, I'm about to get to that part. Because you'll awaken The Absolute Being's power, then you being my Vessel will obviously be enhanced, perhaps it could even make you a separate Star Monarch, which means there will be two Star Monarchs from now on."

Hearing what he said seems to shock me to my core, if what he said is true, then I could possibly surpass him, after all, I'll have the full power of him, along with the power of The Absolute Being.

I wonder what kind of power The Absolute Being has.

"Let's not make this long, your family is waiting and they still need you. So, close your eyes." Caesar hurriedly said.

Kenji did as he told and before he could react, he felt himself falling back on earth as if he was a comet or something.

Opening his eyes, he saw something akin to a Kaleidoscope but instead, it was moving very fast, making him a bit dizzy.

Before he knew it, he woke up in his body, while huffing heavily.

"What the f*ck was that?!" He unconsciously shouted.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

7