Ch. 56
299 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once he was back, he sensed someone inside the training room.

Although Kenji didn't know how he could sense someone, but he brushed it aside and focused on who it was.

Soon, Kenji discovered that it was actually Kanae who was training with her katana.

When he went to the training room, Kenji could see that Kanae was too focused on her training that she didn't notice Kenji entered.

As for Kenji, he knew that the reason for this was because of her loss of power yesterday, so she'll probably try to bring it back up through her efforts.

So, Kenji sneaked up behind her and hugged her from behind.

"Kyaaa." Because of the sudden hug, Kanae didn't react in time and yelled in shock.

When he turns around and saw Kenji, she pouted and glared at him.

"Why did you do that?!"

"You were too focused on your training, so I thought I should make you stop."

Kenji replied to her while picking on his nose.

Not being disgusted by it, Kanae pouted again and said.

"Why?"

Kenji sighed at her question and then pointed at her body, which was already full of sweat.

But that's not what Kenjj meant, he meant about the twitching muscles of Kanae, indicating that she's currently surpassing the limits of her body.

Of course, Kanae knew this, it is her body after all. But she just ignored the pain in her body and continued training.

"You should rest for now." 

Taking away her katanas, he placed them back into the weapon rack and dragged Kanae towards the bathroom.

"Take a bath. I'll just test a few things in the training room."

After Kenji left her, Kanae just stared at her calloused hands and felt very sad.

She's not used to her current strength now, after all, she's got a taste of higher power. But now that she lost it, she's trying to grasp it again but this time, through her sheer efforts.

She doesn't have the mindset of catching up to Kenji since she knew that it was nothing but an unattainable goal.

If there is one thing that Kanae wanted now, is to stay beside Kenji forever without separating from him.

Although she can't catch up, she could at least give him something that no one could give him.

Her love for him.

And she's gonna make sure that their future will be bright, and they will have their child and live a happy life together, watching their kids grow up and become what they wanted to be.

So, instead of getting stronger to stay by his side. She's now getting stronger to make sure that the future that she wanted will come true.

_____ 

When Kenji was back in the training room, he proceeded to grab some magical weapons and pointed them at his arm.

"Welp here goes nothing."

Kenji shrugged his shoulders and stabbed the sword in his arm.

*Ting!*

For a few seconds, Kenji doesn't feel any pain, so when he looked at his arm.

Instead of a bleeding arm that he was expecting. Nothing happened on his arm and Kenji could see that the sword was bent on the side.

With a wide grin on his face, Kenji grabbed another magical weapon and kept stabbing his arm continuously.

If someone in his back were to see him, they'd think that he was a serial killer, killing his victims, except that there was no blood and there is a bunch of broken swords, spears, daggers, and weapons on the floor.

Kenji can't help but laugh loudly and felt very happy.

Now that his only weakness is gone, he's practically invincible now, and nothing could threaten him.

Meanwhile, Kanae who just finished her bath, heard Kenji's loud laugh and shook her head and sighed.

*Ding Dong* 

However, she heard the doorbell ring on the front door, so she proceeded to walk there and peeked through the small hole on the door, and saw a familiar old man at the front of the door.

She opened the door slightly, and asks "How may I help you?"

"Oh, hi Miss Tawata, I'm actually here to talk to you about something. Is Kenji-san inside?"

With a smile on his face, Gun-Hee started a conversation.

Nodding her head, she said, "Yes, Hon is here, please come in, I'll call him in a minute."

She then opens the door and lets the old man in before walking to the training room.

When she went inside, she saw that Kenji was also about to go outside, so they both bumped into each other.

At least, that's what Kanae expected to happen, instead, Kenji casually catched her when she was about to fall backward.

'Just how tough is his body?' Kanae felt like screaming when she bumped into Kenji.

She felt like she just bumped an unmovable mountain.

Rubbing her nose slightly, she heard Kenji speak.

"Sorry, are you hurt, babe?

Looking at her worriedly, Kenji asks.

Shaking her head from her thoughts, she remembered that there was actually another person in the house.

"I-I'm fine, anyways, the chairman of the Korean Hunters is here, and he is waiting for us outside in the living room."

"Gun-Hee?" At first, Kenji was confused, but suddenly realized his purpose of coming here.

'Oh right, I almost forgot that he is here to make amends with his daughter.' Kenji felt like slapping himself mentally, for forgetting such an important thing

"Well, let's not make him wait. Let's go outside."

Helping her stand on her own, they both left the training room and walked towards the living room and saw Gun-Hee obediently sitting on one of the sofa's while fiddling with his finger, which is so unlike him.

"So, what are you doing here?" Kanae was the first one to speak when we reached the living room.

"I want to tell you something, Kanae-san."

Weirded out by what's happening, Kanae frowned and turned to look at Kenji.

Meanwhile, seeing Kanae look at him, Kenji just shrugged his shoulders.

"What do mean?" Kanae was having a bad feeling about this, but she still asks.

Gun-Hee paused for a few seconds, as if he was contemplating about something.

"I...."

"I'm your father."

[Luke Skywalker: NOOOOOO!!!!!]

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my p@treon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www. p a treon.com/SlimeSage)

[Extra Chapter every 200 stones in webnovel]

7