Ch. 67
185 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd PoV)

'What's this?' Sung Jin-Woo asked in confusion, what he's seeing is a translucent screen that can only be found on some games that he played on his free time.

[You have completed all the necessary requirements of the secret quest 'Courage of the Weak.']

'Secret Quest?'

'Completed all the requirements?'

Sung Jin-Woo then heard a robotic voice talking to him.

["You have completed all the necessary requirements of the secret quest 'Courage of the Weak.'"]

'Wait, where is this sound even coming from?' Jin-Woo confusedly ask to himself.

["You have earned the right to become a player. Will you accept?"]

Once again, he heard the same robotic voice talk to him.

'Earned? Accept? What's going on?' Sung Jin-Woo's heart starts to beat faster, as it usually does to normal humans, as they fear the unknown.

["You do not have much time remaining."]

["If you refuse, your heart will stop approximately 0.02 seconds later. Will you accept?]

'ah, right. I'm dying.'

'Then if I accept, then... I don't have to die?'

'Yes. This chance, I'll take it.'

The moment Jin-Woo said that, another transluscent screen appeared bearing a different message.

[Welcome, Player.]

The moment he read the message, he widened his eyes in surprise as a bright orange light engulfed him completely, before his vision darkened.

While the light continued to lit, until it also engulfed the whole room, the room that traumatized and killed tens of people.

•••••

Meanwhile, Kenji who was cooking breakfast, suddenly felt a tug on his heart, it was as if someone was finally awakening.

"What was that feeling?" Clutching his chest, Kenji muttered in confusion. He knew that something just happened, and this year would be interesting.

"I'll figure it out later, after I finish my cooking." Kenji muttered and resumed his cooking.

If this year is interesting, then maybe because he's about to get married a few months later.

•••

The moment Jin-Woo opened his eyes, his upper body immediately sprung up form the body, and his body was full of sweat, at the same time, he was clutching his chest.

The pain from being penetrated by such a huge thing is still vivid in his mind, as could be seen when he was huffing heavily.

"W-where am I?" Jin-Woo looked around and saw that he was in a hospital.

'A dream?. Was it a dream?' Jin-Woo thought to himself as he looked down on his hands.

'A hospital...' Jin-Woo said to himself as he looked at the rising sun, outside the window.

He then heard the door open, and two men walked inside.

Just from the face of the other guy, Jin-Woo could see the tiredness on his eyes.

"Are you finally awake now?" The man ask.

"Who are you?" Jin-Woo asked back, as he was handed a card by the man.

"I'm sorry if we surprised you." The man apologized as they both sat on the couch.

"The Korean hunter guild's inspectors...." Jin-Woo muttered before continuing.

"Why do the inspectors want to see me?"

|-_-_-_-_|

"I was asleep for three days?!" Jin-Woo screamed in shock.

"What happened to Miss Ju-Hee and mister Song Chi-yul? Are they safe?" Jin-Woo worriedly asked.

"Yes, they're safe but..." The man said before continuing.

"Hunter Song Chi Yul's missing arm will most likely impede his work from now on, so he may retire if he chooses to."

"Hunter Lee Ju-Hee is still getting treated due to her extreme trauma."

"It's uncertain if they will stay as hunters." This time, the man's voice got sadder, after all, such precious hunters were reduced to such state, while the weakest who stayed, got away with only a scratch.

"And other hunter's like Kim Sang-Shik..." The other man was about to continue when Jin-Woo suddenly interrupted.

"No... It's fine, that's enough." Jin-Woo muttered, but was still heard by the mens.

Jin-Woo could still remember what happened, their despaired faces, faces that has lost all hope, the betrayal, and everything.

"The number of people that survived the double lair is six." The man said as he continued.

"Although hunters are in danger everytime they hunt, it's rare for a massacre like this to occur. When the inspectors and the white tiger guild reached the scene, they were all gone."

"In that room, it was only you who was found lying on the altar. No statues or anything the others described were found." Jin-Woo was shocked when he heard this.

"That can't be-" he tried to say something but he was cut off.

"We can't believe it either. If the survivor's testimonies had differed by even a little, or if some of the body parts of the deceased weren't found there, we would've thought of a different explanation."

"This is just our theory but..." This time, the man leaned forward in seriousness.

"We believed that you may have received the "double awakening""

'double awakening?' Jin-Woo can't believe what he heard.

Of course he has heard about the double awakening, it is about a hunter who awakened for the second time, there are even some cases like C-rank hunters shooting through the ranks of A-ranks or if possible, the S-rank.

So far, almost all the S-rank hunters received double awakening, with the exception of the world's strongest hunter, Akano Kenji, who was said to have awakened just as soon as he was born.

"This is the magic power detector. All you have to do is place your hand on the mana crystal." The man instructed.

'It's not impossible to not suspect Hunter Sung Jin-Woo receiving the double awakening, seeing that he was the only survivor left inside. However...' the moment the laid his eyes on the machine, and saw the number if '10'.

'I guess trash is trash, through and through. Damn, even a normal E-rank hunter is at least at 70.' the man sweat dropped.

"What's the result?" Jin-Woo can't wait anymore and asked. If he really re-awakened, then his life might changed, and he could now provide more for his family.

"Looks like we suspected you for nothing." The man sighed as he stand and walked out, followed by the other guy.

'Damn, nothing, huh?' Jin-Woo felt sad, and all his hopes earlier were crushed.

'But aren't those people aware of that?' Jin-Woo then raised his head just to see the same transluscent screen earlier.

[Message]

[-You have Unread email.]

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

[Extra Chapter every 200 stones in webnovel.]

2