Ch. 70
494 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Really?" Kenji smiled, looks like he has another way to make more money.

"I'm thinking of selling these, what do you guys think?" Kenji then brought a small bag of Senzu Beans.

'T-There's more?!' Everyone yelled in their minds.

"K-kenji, h-how much for a single bag?" Baek stood and seriously said. This Senzu Beans could potentially decrease the death rate of hunters inside the dungeons by a very large margin. If he could get his hands on this, then he could perhaps increase the rank of his guild.

"Hmm... How about a million dollar per bean?" Kenji thought for a while before stating the price.

"Then, how many are there in a single bag?" Although Baek felt like he couldn't afford a bag but he still asked.

"20 pieces per bag." Kenji said.

'$20 million...' Everyone muttered in their mind.

"Isn't it a bit too expensive, Kenji?" Choi pushed the rim of his glasses and said.

"Well, it is, but if not for the fact that it could also cure Eternal Slumber, then the price might be as low as you expected." Kenji shrugged, not knowing that he dropped another bomb once again.

"A-are you sure?" Baek's eyes widened as he gulped.

"Well, I haven't tested it yet, would you like to try? I heard that there are also some victims of Eternal Slumber here." Kenji said.

"There is. I'll find someone now." Choi was about to make a phone call when he was stopped by Kenji.

"No need, I already messaged Gun-Hee and he said that he's looking for one now." Kenji told them, as he walked towards the entrance followed by the other.

*Ding!*

Hearing his phone ring, Kenji pulled it out of his pocket and read the message.

"Let's go, he found one, near here." After receiving the coordinates, Kenji then flew away, flying to the coordinates that he received.

"Park Kyung-Hye...." Kenji muttered the name of the patient that he's supposed to cure using his Senzu Bean.

...

Soon, he finally arrived and walked in front of the desk, "May I ask, where is the room of Park Kyung-Hye?"

"Are you a family or a friend?" The nurse asked as she was tending to some papers.

"A friend." Kenji answered.

The nurse then raised her head and when she saw Kenji, she was about to squeal in delight, however Kenji was faster and immediately put his hand on her mouth, while gesturing her to not scream.

"I'm just here to see this patient, p-" Kenji was about to say however, he was interrupted.

"Ah! Kenji! You're here, Director Gun-Hee just called me to bring you to Park Kyung-Hye!" A doctor called out to him and gestured Kenji to follow him.

Meanwhile, Kenji just nodded at the nurse and followed the doctor.

"I've already called the patient's family, and they're on their way now." The docotr explained as they arrived on the room.

In there, Kenji was shocked when he saw his parents and Kanae waiting for him.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kenji asked.

"Well, Gun-Hee told us and now we're here." Kanae said as she walked up to him before kissing him on the lips.

"I heard about your miracle cure, are you sure it will work? We just gave someone hope, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth if it didn't work." Kanae said worriedly.

"Don't worry, I got this." Kenji assured her, and then heard the door opening.

"U-uhm, are you guys, the one who called us?" It reveals a slightly skinny boy, and a beautiful girl.

"Yes, that's us." Kenji nodded and said.

"Y-you are?" The girl gasped in shock, as she pointed her finger at Kenji.

"You know me?" Kenji asked.

"Is there someone who doesn't know you?! You're Akano Kenji!!" The girl squealed in delight, as she held her hand forward, looking for a handshake.

"I'm Sung Jinah! I'm a huge fan of you!" Sung Jinah introduced herself.

Kenji shook her hand and said, "Well, you already know me. I'm Akano Kenji."

"Oh! And this is my brother, Sung Jin-Woo!" She then pushed her brother forward, before introducing him.

"H-hi!" Jin-Woo awkwardly greet.

Kenji nodded at him before explaining the Senzu Bean.

"This right here, is called Senzu Bean, it was invented by me of course, and we decided to use it to your mother, and don't worry, it won't harm her or something." As Kenji introduced the Senzu Bean, he noticed that both siblings panicked when they heard that they're mother was the first one to try, so Kenji immediately assured them.

"T-then, we'll trust you to cure our mom!" Jinah said and bowed her head, followed by her brother.

"Please, no need to bow." Kenji smiled and forced them to stand straight.

"We were just waiting for the both of you, so with you here, we'll proceed now." After that, Kenji carefully placed the Senzu Bean on Kyung-Hye's mouth before helping her jaw to swallow it.

Once it was swallowed, they waited, and for the next 10 seconds of waiting, everyone in the room was waiting for a miracle.

While the Siblings was about to despair and lose hope, when suddenly, their mother's fingers slowly twitched.

Both of them were wide-eyed, and it only intensified when Kyung-Hye's eyes slowly opened as she finally speak her first words since she slept.

"W-where am I?" Kyung-Hye muttered as she tried to look to her side.

In there, she saw Jin-Woo and Jin-Ah crying as they both hugged her.

"W-what happened?" Kyung-Hye tried to assess the situation, however, all she remembers was falling asleep.

And when she woke up, not only is she in an unfamiliar place, but she was also hugged by someone who looked like her children but looks much older.

Meanwhile, Kenji just grabbed Kanae and his parents outside, so the family could have their reunion.

Once outside, Chikashi, faced him with a serious face.

"Kenji, do you know what you have just done?" Chikashi said.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Kenji frowned and ask.

"No, what you just did was to help a pair of siblings reunite with their love one. I'm very proud of you." He then hugged him, as Kenji hugged him back. 

"Thanks dad." Kenji thanked him.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my ptreon to read 10 advanced chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

[Extra Chapter every 200 stones.]

6