Chapter 8: Saw This Coming
3.2k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belongs to their respected authors and owners.

'thoughts'

"Active skill name or magic spell"

'Active skill name or magic spell in thought'

"Activation phrase"

'Activation Phrase in thoughts'

"speech"

*action*

time*

noise*

Gaia/gamer system talking

[Skill Name] - Passive or Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: or none

Description: Info on skill

[Item Name] - Rank: F- to EX - Durability: 1 to Unbreakable - ATK: 0 to N/A

Description: Info on the item

[Title] - Info


Chapter 8: Saw This Coming

Day 39: The Possibility Is Endless! Part 2

(Continent: Europe: Country: Scandinavia)

"Seeing how we got limited choices when we literally just arrived at this place not that long." Esdeath once more pointed out another flaw to our little plan of ours.

"You know. Maybe we should postpone this meeting with the Exorcists. I rather not be in a field disadvantage. I went through countless scenarios similar to this due to lack of intel and rather not take out chances. I know all plans are never perfect, but we're literally trying to fight unknown powerful force." I really wanted to get out of this town and back to the wildness.

At least there, I can recover my HP and MP in just a single second and even kill people by eating all the air in the area to kill them by suffocation.

"And you know, that we will never always get the time to prepare ourselves. So we may as well take the first action now before lose whatever small advantage we have right now." Esdeath knew what her husband said, but she rather strikes now than later.

"Okay, enough with all these nonsense. I know you just want to fight them. We don't need to waste any more time. We meet up with them and see how it goes. If there is a fighting going to happen. Then, fine, we can fight them and see what they worth." I said to my wife, who I find hard to argue with and rather just be done with it. Also, I rather not end up with Esdeath punishing me for continuing to oppose her any longer.

"You should just follow my orders. Then we wouldn't have to go all the trouble like this." Esdeath clearly knew she won this argument. Another point in her wins like the other in the past.

"Of course, I would follow your orders. After all, between the two of us. Even with my stats in INT and WIS. They're pretty much useless outside of combat-related with me center in it." I knew my weakness and strong points. Therefore, I wasn't ashamed to say it's Esdeath that wear the pants in this relationship.

"Now, that we have agreed with our plan." Esdeath said to me when clearly this is Esdeath's plan instead of ours, but I rather not say anything or else problem would arise. "We will begin after you give me my usual pressure point massage."

3 hours later*

After giving Esdeath her daily pressure point massage, we left the inn and find the best place for us to use as a battlefield and near the edge of the town in case we need to escape to the wildness. Furthermore, we have no clue if the Akuma would reveal themselves due to the battle between the Exorcists and us.

It took us a few hours before finding the best place for the meeting with the Exorcists. Sadly, we're an hour away for us to leave this town if we used the escape plan.

But, it only took us 10 minutes to draw in one of the Exorcists once we just let Lenalee activate her [Innocence] for a few seconds before we start walking back to the location we picked for the battlefield.

"Excuse me!" A male voice called out for our attention, causing us to turn around to see who called out to us. An older man with long, white hair that is held in place with a circlet and a white mustache. As for his outfit, it's some kind of black robe with other design on it, but with the familiar Rose Cross attach to his left chest.

"Yes?" I look at the older Exorcist, who I can't seem to remember their name and just know he showed up a few times in the story before getting killed by a Noah. But, I know he's strong that for sure.

"Hello. My name is Kevin Yeegar and I'm a General rank Exorcist of the Black Order. I would like to offer an invitation for your daughter here into our Order to become an Exorcist like myself. As I can sense the presence of an [Innocence] within your daughter. Making her an Accommodator and giving her the privilege of all sorts of things to help your daughter to train in her [Innocence]." The now known Exorcist as Kevin introduces himself and even give a small speech about wanting to invite Lenalee to the Black Order.

If I didn't know the way Lenalee was treated, not that it was any different from the Black Order to under Esdeath's tuition. Then, Kevin's speech may have moved me of being proud of Lenalee for possessing an [Innocence].

Sadly, there are multiple problems with this. One: Lenalee isn't my daughter. Two: I know there is corruption within the Black Order already. Three: I possess [Dark Matter] and I rather not take my chances of facing an army from the Black Order.

"Nice to meet you." Esdeath took over the role to be the one speaking for Lenalee and me. "Do you mind explaining to me more about being an Exorcist and what's an Accommodator, along with what is the privilege given to one?" Esdeath was planning to milk all the information from this old Exorcist general.

Now, both Esdeath and Kevin started a discussion about Exorcists, then a few minutes into the discussion and now they're talking about food.

1 hour later*

This has gone on for an hour now, and both Lenalee and I look like we wanted to be somewhere other than here right now. Because neither of us; well, mostly me, can't understand all the words they are using related to cooking, then back to Exorcists and including Akuma, along with [Innocence].

"Huh, so you can do that too? I didn't know that." Esdeath writes down the methods of a different way to prepare her ingredients before cooking them into something to eat. And they're back to food once more.

'At a time like this. I wonder if this guy is really a General rank Exorcist like he said in the first place.' For the past an hour or so, I tried to remember where this guy appeared during the story was going on and when is the time of his death, along with what types of [Innocence] this Kevin possesses.

"Now, that's over with. Do you two wish to enroll your daughter in the Black Order organization that works to defeat the Millennium Earl and his army of Akuma?" Kevin looks like he just delivers the greatest news to us and looks like the word: No didn't cross his mind one bit.

"Quick question." I finally decide to get back into this conversation. "What would happen to us if we reject this invite? Because what kind of parents would we be, if we send our six-year-old daughter into a deadly war from what you told us about."

"Well. I would hate to bring in the bad news as the Black Order has placed rules in the recruitment, to bring all Accommodators back to the Black Order to be trained and become an Exorcist. This means, your daughter has to come back with me if you two are willing to or not." Kevin activate his [Innocence]. Which is an equipment-type [Innocence] and in the form of a pair of chained pendulums that look like it could split into multiple pendulums. Allowing him to attack multiple targets at once.

Lenalee seeing the nice old man before took out his own [Innocence] and had the same look as the bad people who kidnapped her before, causing her body to shiver in fear of being taken against her will once more.

"Now isn't that kind of cruel?" Esdeath's smile slowly bleeds into her sadist version. And this alone was enough to send a shiver down Kevin's back. "After all. If you push someone back. You should expect them to push back as well."

Kevin took a step back, but kept his stand firm and stare directly into Esdeath's eyes, which he regretted instantly.

"N-No-ow! We-We don't need to do something we m-may regret." Kevin stutter was enough to show how afraid he was just by looking into Esdeath's eyes alone, to send this old Exorcist general into a nervous rack.

"But, didn't you just said you would force a little girl against her will to join your organization? Hmm?" Esdeath took a step forward, which made Kevin took another step back.

Kevin's battle instinct took over as he throws both arms towards Esdeath, causing the multiple chained pendulums to rush towards Esdeath, with the intent of binding her movements. Stopping her from attacking him and while at the same time protecting him from any sudden attacks coming from Esdeath.

Sadly, Kevin picked the wrong opponent to use his [Innocence] on as his chained pendulums starting to be covered in frost in a matter of seconds before all of them are just a few inches away from touching Esdeath's clothes and completely stopping in place.

"Oh? So it looks like I can't really destroy an [Innocence] after all." Esdeath didn't look like she was attacked in the first place and instead, look like she just talking about the weather as if nothing unusual happens to her.

If this wasn't enough to scare Kevin, then the next thing almost scared him out of his skin. As Esdeath created thousand of icicles around the area, with all of them aiming towards Kevin, who freeze on the spot. Too afraid to move a single muscle with a chance of all those very deadly sharp icicles would hurl themselves straight at him the movement he moves an inch.

"Now. How about we continue off where left before this whole thing happen. I'll start first. How does one train using their [Innocence]? And please, don't mind me and just lie to me. It's not like I could detect lies without any trouble and would have to punish you for lying." Esdeath acts like they're still talking as if they were equal, but truly, all this long. Kevin has been just a prey for Esdeath to toy with before she grows bored of before finishing them off this whole time.

The look on Kevin's face was enough to let one know how badly this pained him, for falling in such an obvious trap. After all, Lenalee doesn't even look close to being a daughter of Esdeath and me. Not one bit.

30 minutes later*

Esdeath continues to ask more questions about the training methods for discovering Accommodator, who just found out of possessing an [Innocence], and how to train to use them. Along with a few questions about how does one detect the presence of a nearby [Innocence].

Of course, Kevin tried to give a half-truth answer to Esdeath, but ends up with an icicle through left thigh. This was to punish him for not revealing the whole truth and also to prevent him from escaping if he is given the chance to.

After a while; Esdeath got in a good amount of intel from Kevin, who is a General rank in the Black Order, giving him more information compared to some of the people in the organization. So, this was whole plan worked after all. Just not the way I thought it would be.

'Could have sworn we would have destroyed this whole town during an epic battle between the Exorcists, maybe Akuma, against Eesdeath and myself. But, I guess my imagination is a little exaggerated.' I thought with just a bit of disappointment, because I could gain a massive amount of EXP from killing a General rank Exorcist.

However, I did steal Kevin's [Innocence] by literally tearing it off his arms, causing a few bleeding on some spots over Kevin's arms due the sudden forceful of having his [Innocence] taken from him, leaving him in a wounded state, which he was already and this just made it worse for him.

Furthermore, all of us learned that [Innocence] could hurt me when one of the chained pendulums touched my bare forearm, causing a slowly burning sensation and if I didn't move it away the last seconds. The burning would have gotten stronger.

The irony of being a [Fire Devil Slayer] and I still get burnt, even with there no fire involved.

So, I just toss the darn thing to Esdeath, who didn't even show a single sign of getting burnt by the [Innocence], much to confusion until I remember that the [Slayer Magic] from the Fairy Tail universe is actually a transformation progress of becoming what they are meant to slay in the first place.

Kevin would have said something about this if Esdeath didn't knock him out after gaining all she wanted from him. So, he pretty much got wounded while being unconscious the whole time I was trying to take his [Innocence] off him.

It's a good thing it the [Innocence] is the equipment-type or things would be very tricky.

"Nope. Can't use it." Esdeath toss the [Innocence] back to me and I wasn't going to make the same mistake, as I made sure the [Innocence] didn't touch my bare skin at all and quick to toss the thing in my [Inventory] before it starts doing weird things during the time it separated from its host.

"Now, what are we going to do with this old man?" I look down at the unconscious Kevin, where he is covered in his own blood and have a few icicles sticking out of him.

Before Esdeath could say anything. My [Eagle Vision] picked something heading in our direction at high speed.

I didn't even need to inform Esdeath about this as she already created multiple ice spikes from the ground the very moment the thing appear within her range. And not to our surprise; well, the appearance was a surprise at least. Where Esdeath managed to pin down a level 2 Akuma in the form of a giant playing card with creepy hatred faces on the front and back of the giant playing card.

Of course, I would be happy to kill this level 2 Akuma to raise my [Dark Matter], but I need 3 more level 1 Akuma before eating this one. Lucky for me, there is plenty enough for me to devour in this town. As there 5 level 1 Akuma out of the 9 Akuma, we found yesterday while the remaining 4 are level 2 Akuma. Maybe this one of the reasons why a General rank Exorcist appears here.

"Should I try to see if I could kill them or do you want us to wait for the other Akuma to arrival? So you can eat them." Esdeath figure to get the last level 3 Akuma eaten by her husband to upgrade his [Dark Matter] now before they lose their chance of getting another level 1 Akuma in the next few days from now, even maybe months too depending on where they will end up in the future.

"Sure, just leave this level 2 Akuma and 3 level 1 Akuma for me, the rest you can kill if you want." I said to my wife. And so, we waited for the other Akuma to come over to us.

3 hours later*

Good news, I ate 3 level 1 Akuma, raising my [Dark Matter Tier 0] to [Dark Matter Tier 1] finally, along with making my resistance to [Dark Matter] to tier 2 due to eating a level 2 Akuma, that Esdeath pinned down hours ago.

With 4 total Akuma, I ate so far. My debuff will last for 10 days from now and Esdeath found a way to kill an Akuma by forming an ice spear and thrust inside them so she could manipulate the ice spear from within to freeze the Akuma from inside out. Then, smash the ice statue Akuma to pieces.

After that, I killed the General rank Exorcist for the EXP and much to my shock. The guy gave me 10 level worths of EXP. Which, I find myself wondering if this Kevin was really strong or not. Since Esdeath easily took him down by herself and I just land the finishing blow.

Until I reached for the first pop-up window telling me that I killed one of the best human fighters in this world way below my level and gave me enough EXP to level up 10 times. Only for the first time, though. As the future Exorcists at General (Critical Point) rank in power wouldn't give me this much EXP.

"You know. I wonder in this universe's standard. You're already beyond the General rank of an Exorcists. I don't about Akuma, but you should be at least level 4 or higher." I said to my wife, as we leave the town before more members of the Black Order arrive.

Since we did just kill one of their best Exorcists, who managed to reach the critical point in their synchronization rate with their [Innocence].

Bringing up my status list to check on my how much EXP do I need to level up.

Status List:

Character Name: Ragna D. Mercer

Alignment: Neutral - Chaotic

Lvl: 21 - EXP: 2200/209,715,200

Profession: The Gamer (+)

Title: [Husband of Esdeath D. Mercer] - Have the ability to teleport to your wife location instantly per 24 hours. Title effect will still be in effect even if it's not equipped.

HP: 107.5/107.5 - Regen: 1 HP per hour

MP: 235/235 - Regen: 1.7 MP per minute

DM Tier 1: 10%/100% - Regen: 0 per minute

Tier 2 Requirement: 0/100 Lvl: 1 [Akuma] or 0/1 Lvl: 2 [Akuma]

Sword Qi: 1/0 - Regen: 0 per minute

[100 HP + 100 MP = 1 Sword Qi]

STR: 35 (-75%): 8.75

END: 43 (-75%): 10.75

AGI: 29 (-75%): 7.25

INT: 54 (-75%): 13.5

WIS: 69 (-75%): 17.25

MAG: 94 (-75%): 23.5

LUCK: 20 (-75%): 5

RES: [Dark Matter]: Tier 2: 40% (Can't add points into this stat)

Point: 59

Money: 0

Age: 19

"And I feel like my Gamer's ability is out to get me now." I thought out loud, causing Esdeath to look at me while Lenalee is still rubbing her eyes after finally waking up from her forceful nap. Yeah, I had to put Lenalee to sleep the moment Esdeath froze the now deceased Kevin's [Innocence].

"Why do you say that?" Esdeath knew how cruel her husband's Gamer's ability could be with him. After all, if what the unnerfed version of the Gamer's ability could do. Then, she can understand why her husband would be mad.

I told Esdeath the amount of EXP I needed for the next level, and even she was shocked about how much EXP is required to enter the next level.

"Oh? What's this?" I notice something new added to my status list, besides a few changes. I give a mental command on the status list on that little plus sign at the end of the [Profession: The Gamer].

DING!*

You have reached over level 20! And have unlocked the Class feature, where you, the player, can pick a new profession! Furthermore, for each level 10, you gain a new [Class Slot] for another new profession. However, you can't level up your new profession the normal way. To level up the new profession's level is by sending your first profession: The Gamer's EXP to your other profession to level them up.

Example:

Profession: The Gamer Lvl.1 - EXP: 80/100

Profession: Martial Artist Lvl.1 - EXP: 0/100 (2:1 Exchange Rate)

Profession: Fire Mage Lvl.1 - EXP: 0/100 (3:1 Exchange Rate)

As you can see, the next profession you gain would have an exchange rate increase as a penalty, so you wouldn't be able to level those new professions too quickly.

If you plan to use 80 EXP from [Profession: The Gamer] and send it over to the [Profession: Martial Artist], then the [Profession: Martial Artist] would gain 40 EXP. However, if you picked [Profession: Fire Mage] instead, then it would increase the exchange rate higher, where instead of 40 EXP. You get 27 EXP.

Hope this helps you out and good luck, Player!

DING!*

You have an open [Class Slot]. Do you wish to pick your 2nd profession now?

[Yes/No]?

I continue to walk along with my wife and Lenalee, with a deadpan expression on my face for a few minutes until I tell Esdeath what I just got from my Gamer's ability.

Esdeath looks a bit interested in these professions, but was annoyed like me about the exchange rate penalty.

So, I give the Gamer's ability the mental yes to pick my 2nd profession. Then, a new window appears in front of me while I held my wife's hand to guide me while I'm doing this or else I may end up walking into a tree. And that would be embarrassing.

List of Professions: Access from the [Fiction Adaption]

[Negima Universe of Knowledge] -

[Swordsman: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +2 STR, +2 END, +1 AGI, and increase 10% sword attack x level

[Magic Spell Caster: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +2 INT, +2 WIS, + 1 MAG, and decrease [Mana] cost by 10% x level

[Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +2 STR, +1 END, +2 AGI, and increase 10% unarmed attack x level

Other professions: Locked due to not meeting the requirements

[Nasuverse of Knowledge] -

[Saber: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +5 STR, +4 END, +4 AGI, +3 MAG, +2 LUCK, and increase 10% EXP gain in all sword related skills x level

[Archer: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +3 STR, +3 END, +3 AGI, and increase 10% EXP gain in all projectiles related skills x level

[Lancer: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +4 STR, +3 END, +5 AGI, +2 MAG, and increase 10% EXP gain in all pole weapons-related skills x level

[Rider: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +2 STR, +2 END, +4 AGI, +3 MAG, and increase 10% EXP gain in all movement related skills x level

[Caster: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +3 AGI, +5 MAG, +4 LUCK, and increase 10% EXP gain in all [Magic] skills x level

[Berserker: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +3 STR, +2 END, and +2 AGI per level and gain access to the skill: [Mad Enhancement]

[Assassin: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +2 STR, +2 END, +4 AGI, +4 LUCK, and increase 10% EXP gain in all stealth related skills.

Other professions: Locked due to not meeting the requirements

[Fairy Tail Universe of Knowledge] -

[D-Class Mage: Lv.1] - Bonus: +5 MAG and increase 20% EXP gain in all [Magic] related skills x level

Other professions: Locked due to not meeting the requirements

[Assassins Creed Universe of Knowledge] -

[Assassin: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +4 AGI, +2 INT, + 1 WIS per level, and increase 10% EXP gain in all assassination-related skills.

[Templar: Lv.1] - Bonus: +6 INT and +6 WIS per level

Other professions: Locked due to not meeting the requirements

[Medaka Box Universe of Knowledge] -

[Abnormality: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +1 All stats, but the special ones that can't be added with stat points. Increase 50% EXP gain towards [Positive] related skills from this universe

[Minus: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +10 WIS, and increase 50% EXP gain towards [Minuses] related skills from this universe and 20% in mutating current skills to suit player's mind.

[Style: Lvl.1] - Bonus: + 10 WIS, and increase 50% EXP gain towards [Language] related skills from this universe.

[Special Lvl.1] - Bonus: Increase 10% EXP towards all skills from this universe

Other professions: Locked due to not meeting the requirements

[The God of Highschool Universe of Knowledge] -

[Martial Artist: Unarmed: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +5 towards all physical stats and increase 20% EXP gain towards all unarmed related skill x level

[Martial Artist: Weapon: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +5 towards all physical stats and increase 20% EXP gain towards all weapons-related skills x level

[Contractor: Lvl.1] - Bonus: +10 LUCK per level and gain access to the skill: [Charyeok]

Other professions: Locked due to not meeting the requirements

"Well, shit." I look at all the professions I could choose from, all the [Universe of Knowledge] I gained through my [Fiction Adaption] skill.

Looking at the [Profession: Contractor] under [The God of Highschool Universe of Knowledge]. I can finally see why I couldn't gain access to the skill: [Charyeok]. It is because I need the [Profession: Contractor] in order to get it.

I started explaining to Esdeath about the list of professions I could pick, and so far, I'm not picking the professions from the [Negima Universe of Knowledge] and the [Fairy Tail Universe of Knowledge]. As those bonuses weren't up to the standard of the other professions and would be pretty dumb of me to pick those out of the others.

The professions from the [Assassins Creed Universe of Knowledge] would be great if I didn't have [Magic]. So that out as well.

The [Medaka Box Universe of Knowledge] is too restricted solely to the skills in that universe and won't be much help outside of it. Another crossed off the list of what I wanted to pick for my second profession.

This left me with the [Nasuverse of Knowledge] and [The God of Highschool Universe of Knowledge]. Due to how they give out more compared to the rest. But, I don't know which one would be the best for me to get as my second profession.

On one hand, picking one of those servant classes, which is very obvious, and that would solve my short-term about worry how to increase my other stats without having to use the stat points.

While, on the other hand, the one in [The God of Highschool Universe of Knowledge] would, again, help me out with the other stats. But, only towards the physical stats while the mental one would be left behind unless I add in some stat points every often to balance them out or else, I would find myself in a trouble situation later in the future due to how low my mental stats are.

After talking about this with Esdeath for a while now; we decided to go with the [Profession: Contractor] as the exchange rate penalty would make this profession almost useless if I were to pick this as my third or even fourth profession later in the future.

DING!*

You have picked the [Profession: Contractor]. You gain access to the skill: [Charyeok]. Please choose who to form a contract with.

DING!*

An entity has already agreed to form a contract with you. Your [Charyeok] is the [Legendary God Sun Wukong].

[Charyeok: Sun Wukong] - Active -

Description: Gain access to a set of skills belong to the [Legendary God Sun Wukong] for a limited time and by offering something in exchange to unlock more skills belong to this great being.

The Monkey King's Skill:

[Weapon of the Three Gods] - Summons the [Legendary God Sun Wukong]'s [Ryui Jingu], [Kinto-Un], and [Gourd] for a limited time. The level of the [Contractor] is equal to a minute of the time the player can use. But, can increase the duration by offering 1000 MP per minute.

Other skills: Locked and require unknown offering to unlock them.

I didn't know if I should be happy or sad, that I didn't even get to pick what being as my [Charyeok]. But, one of them forcibly formed a contract with me already. So it was too late to change my mind.

"Well, who did you pick, to form a contract with?" Esdeath is curious who her husband picked to be his [Charyeok]. But, all she got was another deadpan expression from her husband as her answer.

"I didn't get the options to pick." I said in my dullest voice I could make, to Esdeath, who clearly didn't expect this and wonder if this another thing the Gamer's ability tried to stop her husband from becoming too strong so fast.

"Somehow, the [Legendary God Sun Wukong] formed a contract with me the moment I activate the [Charyeok] to search for a being to form a contract with and he came out of nowhere in just a few seconds of using the skill and made a forced contract." I explain to my wife what just happen to me and even thought about how maybe this was the fault belong to the Gamer's ability.

Since this Gamer's ability helped me use the skill: [Charyeok] and reached over to [The God of Highschool Universe of Knowledge]. Where the Gamer's ability made a few conditions before the [Charyeok] is formed.

"Well, what can you do with this so-called [Legendary God Sun Wukong]?" Esdeath is already used to the Gamer's ability being unfair to her husband and could be sure the damn thing is affecting her too, through using her husband, not she complaining about all those nights.

I started explaining to Esdeath about the [The Monkey King's Skill: Weapon of the Three Gods] and what they could do. But, not much until I summon them to get the exact details on what they really do. As my knowledge over the Sun Wukong is kind of bad, not to mention this Sun Wukong is from the God of Highschool universe. So it could be the main character of that universe.

"Speaking about the main character. I need to pick my new set of skills." I thought out loud, causing Esdeath's curiosity to rise once more and eager to learn what other kinds of skills I would get.

DING!*

You have accessed [The God of Highschool Universe of Knowledge] for the third time and import the skill: [Renewal Taekwondo].

[Renewal Taekwondo] - Passive - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: None

Description: A type of martial art developed to counter another martial art: [Warfare Mass-Destruction Northern Agent's ITF Taekwondo], or [Northern ITF Taekwondo] in short. With this martial art made to eliminate the weakness of the [Northern ITF Taekwondo] and including stealth skills into this martial art as well. Making it a more lethal than it already is.

1st Effect: Gain access to [Renewal Taekwondo's Skills]

2nd Effect: Locked (Require level 100)

Other Effects: Locked (Require 2nd Effect unlock)

Honestly, this was the skill I wanted to pick for the first or second time, but changed my mind. Nonetheless, I had no regret and I have this skill now. It's kind of like [Nabong Needle Ryu]'s 1st Effect: Gain access to [Acupuncture] skill. But, without the experience and instinct to use them until the 3rd Effect was unlocked.

However, it looks like the [Renewal Taekwondo] won't have that and the requirement to unlock the 2nd Effect is just shocking. As this skill is my first one that requires a level 100 of that skill to unlock the 2nd Effect.

"Did you get something that is amazing, but your Gamer's ability placed hidden restrictions on them again without showing them before getting them like last time?" Esdeath knew how her husband hated the Gamer's ability for placing restrictions on his skills he picked and not being able to see what they are before getting them.

"Kind of." I explain to Esdeath about how my third import skill: [Renewal Taekwondo]'s 2nd Effect required level 100 to unlock it.

"Ouch." Esdeath knew how hard it is for her husband to raise some of these skills' level and getting one to level 100 would maybe either take months or years maybe depending on the skill itself.

"I'm going to grab two more skills and leave the other ones for later in the future. I'm getting too many skills as it is and would take forever to level them up later on." I said to my wife, before picking my last two skills while leaving the other [Universe of Knowledge] for later and even if I reached level 30, I won't be picking any new skills until I get the current ones up to around the 80s or so before picking a new one.

DING!*

You have accessed the [Nasuverse of Knowledge] for the third time and import the skill: [Gate of Babylon - Gamer's Version].

[Gate of Babylon - Gamer's Version] - Passive/Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: [Passive: None | Active: Varies]

Description: This is the storehouse Gilgamesh built to store all the treasures in the world he has collected, referred to as the "Divine Gate"/ It connects the space of reality to the vault, opening an "invisible door" that allows for the contents to pass through upon the user's command. But, can't be accessed due to the player's [Inventory] and instead upgrade the features belong to the [Inventory] with the [Gate of Babylon]'s hidden effects.

1st Effect: Everything inside the [Inventory] will start recovery back to its peak condition [Passive Effect: (level)% per hour | Active Effect: 100 MP = 1%]

2nd Effect: Auto research everything inside the [Inventory] and reveal the contents' data [Passive Effect: (level)% per hour | Active Effect: 1000 MP = 1%]

3rd Effect: Create a pathway for all [Items] inside the [Inventory] to appear outside similar to forming glowing ripples in the empty air as they appear instantly and can launch them like a bullet if willing so [Passive Effect: (level) per ripple | Active Effect: 10 MP per bullet fire]

4th Effect: Auto craft anything the player desires as long they have the tools and materials inside the [Inventory] [Passive Effect: (level)% per hour | Active Effect: 100 MP = 1%)

5th Effect: Locked (Require level 30)

Other Effects: Locked (Require 5th Effect unlock)

I took in a deep breath before letting it out. "I should have seen this, coming right away." Esdeath raise an eyebrow at me as I, once more, explain to Esdeath about the [Gate of Babylon] and what I thought I could do with it until it's just a skill that literally upgraded my [Inventory] instead of giving me access to all overpowered weapons and other random kinds of stuff inside the [Gate of Babylon], but instead I got the Gamer's version upon picking this skill.

Closing the window screens before picking a different skill I was planning to get and just to help me out on the long run and to help me use the [Gate of Babylon - Gamer's Version] better.

DING!*

You have accessed the [Fairy Tail of Knowledge] for the third time and import the skill: [Archive].

[Archive] - Passive/Active - Lvl.1/100 - EXP: 0% - MP cost: [Passive: None | Active: Varies]

Description: This magic allows the user to transfer information into the form of magical energy that can be stored in a massive [Magic Database System]. Which is unique to each individual user. Also, the user can project a holographic interface that floats directly in front of them, where the user is capable of digging around inside of their [Magic Database System] for access to any sort of information that they may require, and even "delete" any information they want. Along with the ability to create programs with different effects to help them. These interfaces are very durable and can be used as a shield. It also allows the user to transfer information from person to person more quickly than through verbal communication.

1st Effect: Gain access to a personal [Magical Database System], with the ability to create programs for different effects and allows the user to convert thoughts or memories into the [Magical Database System]

2nd Effect: Allows the user the ability to transfer any information between the user and a target. 1 MP per second

3rd Effect: Able to link up to a target per (5 x level) meters distance

4th Effect: Number of targets to link up is (level)

At first, I wanted to pick a [God Slayer Magic], but quickly discarded that idea once I got the [Gate of Babylon - Gamer's Version] and decided to use this [Archive] instead. Plus, I could use it to maybe gain access to the [Ark] if I'm lucky enough to get the damn place first.

"Well, from this point on. I'm not going to import any other skills unless I really need to in the future." I said to Esdeath, who just shrugged at me.

"Do whatever you want. After all, you're the one that decides to get one or not, but I can understand your feeling. How many skills do you possess now?" Esdeath is a little curious about many skills her husband possesses at this moment, including the new ones he just got.

"Including the [Charyeok], and the three new ones I just got, while not including the [Gamer's Mind], [Gamer's Body], and [Fiction Adaption]. I have 17 skills total." I did a quick count of how many skills I have total, and this is how many skills I got and that's too many already in my opinion. As I still didn't count my personal skills and the [Sword Intent].

"Wow. That's a lot. Yeah, I agree with you on not getting any more skills or else you become the jack of all, but master of none if you continue getting new skills at this rate. Not the mention those new skills will be at level 1 and won't give you much help and may likely lead to your death due to the inexperience of using them." Esdeath clearly knows that it's better to have quality than quantity unless she could help it.

Looking around the area, where the grasses are already covered in a small layer of snow along with the tree as well. Showing that the season of winter is coming soon in this area or something.

"Seeing how it's starting to get colder and snow arriving in this country. We may need to set up the tent from now on." I said to Esdeath, as we are a mile or so away from the town we found those Akuma and the General rank Exorcist.

"Alright. But, remember, you're the one that has to set everything up while I make sure to watch over Lenalee and train her." Esdeath said to me, as we agreed with the roles we take during the first night arriving in this universe. Where Esdeath's jobs include planning our next course of actions, watching over Lenalee and training her. Also, Esdeath is on cooking duty as well.

While I take care of setting up the campsite and the foods, along with giving Esdeath her daily pressure point massage and other kinds of stuff to help Esdeath relax.

"I just realize I'm pretty much a househusband at this point." I said to Esdeath, who just stare at me for a few seconds before breaking into a fit of laughter.

"You just realize that now of all time?!" Esdeath knew this and honestly, though her husband knew this as well, clearly, he didn't. "I thought you knew! In fact, the first time you offer me a massage. I remember somewhere I read about househusband and thought you like being one. I didn't think you wouldn't notice until now. The only thing you don't do as a househusband is making food or teaching Lenalee."

I look at my laughing wife, with a deadpan expression, which made her laugh, even more, waking Lenalee up completely. As she looks at Esdeath then at me, then back at Esdeath. Lenalee did this a few times, wondering why Esdeath is laughing.

"Oh, don't be sad, Ragna. After all, we in this together. So cheer up." Esdeath kiss me on my right cheek while leading us north once more.

2 hours later*

We walked a good distance away from the town, that should have multiple members of Black Order due to the sudden death of one of the General Exorcist. Furthermore, the [Innocence] was somehow stolen as well.

During the time of our walk; we finally found a good spot to set up camp and the air was clean enough for me to use my [Sky Dragon Slayer Magic] to recovery my HP and MP. Which I would use the time to merge both to form [Sword Qi].

Of course, I couldn't do this too fast or else the area, we picked for camp would be lack of air to breath in, causing both Esdeath and Lenalee to suffocate. So, I made sure to take a break very often and work on something else after waiting for a while.

Status List:

Character Name: Ragna D. Mercer

Alignment: Neutral - Chaotic

Lvl: 21 - EXP: 2,200/209,715,200

1st Profession: The Gamer

2nd Profession: [Contractor Lvl.1] - EXP: 0/100 [2:1 Exchange Rate]

Title: [Husband of Esdeath D. Mercer] - Have the ability to teleport to your wife location instantly per 24 hours. Title effect will still be in effect even if it's not equipped.

HP: 107.5/107.5 - Regen: 1 HP per hour

MP: 235/235 - Regen: 1.7 MP per minute

DM Tier 1: 10%/100% - Regen: 0 per minute

Tier 2 Requirement: 0/100 Lvl: 1 [Akuma] or 0/1 Lvl: 2 [Akuma]

Sword Qi: 100/0 - Regen: 0 per minute

[100 HP + 100 MP = 1 Sword Qi]

STR: 35 (-75%): 8.75

END: 43 (-75%): 10.75

AGI: 29 (-75%): 7.25

INT: 54 (-75%): 14.5

WIS: 69 (-75%): 17.25

MAG: 94 (-75%): 23.5

LUCK: 20 (Contractor: +10) = 30 (-75%): 7.5

RES: [Dark Matter]: Tier 2: 40% (Can't add points into this stat)

Point: 59

Money: 0

Age: 19

Managed to make 100 [Sword Qi] for the past 2 hours now, but was enough for me to test a few things out later. After I set up the triple layers tent, which is big enough to fit a king size mattress. Along with other things, like the bathtub and small spot for the cooking pot.

Pretty much, a giant tent, where Esdeath always got her army to carry with every time they went out the Captial and be outside for days, weeks, even months. Plus, it was customized made for Esdeath and her army. The bathtub part was just a new addition, which we wait a few days for the people to make the giant even bigger.

The first thing I did after setting up the campsite was to test out [Sword Intent], not checking out my other new skills. Well, [Gate of Babylon] and [Archive] was the first things I used upon Esdeath picking this open field to set up camp.

As [Gate of Babylon] changed the way I could use my [Inventory] completely. Where the normal blue window screen to show me what's inside my [Inventory]. The [Archive] activated on its own and a blue holographic interface before me.

With the interface showing what's inside my [Inventory] and how to bring them out through my [Gate of Babylon], along with picking the location where the [Item] would appear.

So yeah, there are some 'programs' already installed in my [Archive] for my usage and it's linked to my [Gate of Babylon] too. As every time I would use [Gate of Babylon]. The [Archive] would activate instantly. And to stop this, I would have to use the [Gate of Babylon]'s 1st Effect in active mode instead of passive. Either way, this was a little bit helpful for me.

After that was all done. I started trying out my [Sword Intent], where I use 1 [Sword Qi] to make my right index finger contain my [Sword Intent], which made my finger coat in a glowing color red mist.

Much to my relief, the 1 [Sword Qi] didn't disappear after using [Sword Intent] to coating my finger. Well, it disappeared the moment I moved my right index finger, where the sound of the air being sliced appear.

It only took a single second while moving that one finger to drain the 1 [Sword Qi] that contain [Sword Intent].

While Esdeath was training Lenalee to fix a few more mistakes Lenalee made during her practices.

I begin experimenting with my [Sword Intent], As I use another 1 [Sword Qi] on my whole right hand this time, causing the same red color mist to appear. Making sure not to move my right hand to see if the [Sword Qi] would disappear. But, after a few seconds, my right hand still coating with [Sword Intent].

So, I made a fist with my right hand and it disappears a second later. Proving to me that the [Sword Qi] will stay as long there was no motion. Upon moving would cause the [Sword Qi] to be exhausted right away.

Finding this out, I could make a few ways to include this in my fighting style, where I could use the [Sword Intent] the very last second to inflict a fatal attack. I just need to practice my timing. [Time Alter] would be the best skill to help me with this training until I could do it without the [Time Alter] helps to do so later in the future.

Now, after this small experiment. I start my next one and see what would happen if I channel more [Sword Qi]. Would the same thing happen again?

This time, I use 2 [Sword Qi] to my right index finger once more and found the familiar red mist coating my finger again. But, this time the red mist is thicker by twice when I was using only 1 [Sword Qi].

"Huh, so using more [Sword Qi] would display different results." I mumble to myself, then move my right index finger and found the [Sword Qi] disappear after 2 seconds and the sound of the air being cut was twice as loud, but was much shorter than the first time.

Experiments' Result: 1 [Sword Qi] last a single second and upon motion would the [Sword Qi] be used up. Increasing amount would increase duration, speed, and power. Along with causing loud noise, making [Sword Intent] not the best for stealth kills unless used on the last second and on target or I just have bad control over my [Sword Intent] that led to these air cutting noise. Maybe.

As for the color of my [Sword Intent]. My guess was due to my killing intent mixed with my [Basic Movements of Sword Skills] to form my [Sword Intent]. After all, I did kill so many times already, that it tainted my [Sword Intent] to lean towards the slaughter path.

Thinking about it for a moment, I activate [Gate of Babylon] to bring out one of the countless swords for me and Esdeath's usage. As a golden ripple appears in front of me, where a sword handle coming out at the end. Pulling out the sword from the golden ripple, as the sword's blade reveals itself.

Now, for my next experiment. I use 1 [Sword Qi] and channel it through the sword in my right hand.

However, instead of the red mist covering the sword. The sword broke down to fragments, not even the handle was spare. To make my surprise, more shocking, as those fragments started being cut by invisible sharp blades until they turned into fine dust and scatter across the ground in a matter of seconds.

"Wow, what kind of skill did you use to make that happen?" Esdeath's voice came from behind me, where she is standing over me and watching me for who knows how long.

Lenalee's face pale at this sight and vow to never allow Esdeath's husband to touch her ever again. Not that she would let him in the first place. Now, there is just another reason why she could use to stop Esdeath's husband from coming near her or else she may end up like that sword destroyed to the point of no return.

"Testing out my [Sword Intent]. Look like ordinary swords or anything that's low in quality won't be able to handle my [Sword Intent] or I just don't have enough control over my [Sword Intent] than I actually thought, leading to the destruction of that sword." I replied to Esdeath's question while giving her one of my guesses on why the sword was destroyed by my [Sword Intent].

"Huh, well, make sure not to be near me when you use that [Sword Intent] of yours. Just by looking at it once was enough to feel like I'm being cut by a sword. Looking at it more than once just made the feeling worse for me." Esdeath said to me, showing that she was watching the very beginning when I started experimenting with my [Sword Intent].

"Pretty sure, that one of the default effects belongs to the [Sword Intent]." Honestly, I didn't know if this was true or not, back in my universe, where this was mentioned somewhere in novels or something, but it looks like it's very true with my [Sword Intent].

"I thought you were joking at the time, but feeling it and seeing it made me a believer." Esdeath should have known when it related to her husband, then expect the impossible to be possible.

"Anyway, mind bringing out all the dishes for us to eat? It's time for dinner, and it was out of being a good wife that stopped me from disturbing you while you were busy experimenting with your [Sword Intent] at the time. Now, that you aren't that busy at the moment. How about some of the food? I think fish would be great for dinner." Esdeath said to me, then wrap her arms around my neck while pressing her breasts on my back.

"Alright." I activate my [Gate of Babylon], with the [Archive]'s interface appear in front of me once more and Esdeath looks at it with interest. Even Lenalee looks at the holographic interface before her eyes.

With a few types of the button, a table filled with dishes filled with all kinds of food and in the middle of the table is a giant fish. One that is native to Esdeath's universe and is a sea type danger beast, which is why is known for its delicious meat. So we're kind of limited to the number of animals we hunted and stored in my [Inventory]. I mean, [Gate of Babylon].

So for the rest of the night, Esdeath and I talk about our next plans while Lenalee continues to think another way to use her [Innocence].

The next day*

Day 40: The Journey Continue

(Continent: Europe: Country: Scandinavia)

After a whole night, with a few extra hours to make a total of 10 hours into [Meditation]. I finally got the skill to level 2, making all future [Meditation] 2 MAG stat per hour from this point on.

Of course, I had to stay outside while doing this and not inside the tent, or else, both Esdeath and Lenalee would suffocate. Though, I had to increase the number of times I had to drain the air from the area to increase the amount of [Sword Qi]. Reaching to 110 [Sword Qi]. Didn't increase much, since I was mainly focused on [Meditation] since it was just 10% away from level 2.

It's a good thing Esdeath created a campfire and left it in the front of the giant tent, which I can use to warm my body open. Not that I don't need to thanks to [Gamer's Body]. But, I like the feeling of warmth and now I think about it. [Fire Devil Slayer Magic] had caused my body temperature to raise a little, maybe that's why Esdeath always demands me to sleep next to her at all time.

"Ragna, are you done yet?" Esdeath crouch down in front of me, where I could barely see her blue pantie and notice Esdeath leaning a bit closer to my face, where our eyes meet each other.

"Yes." I said to my wife, as I got the notification from my Gamer's ability that my [Meditation] leveled up a few minutes ago and was just using the time to get a few more [Sword Qi] before stopping.

"So, are you ready for us to infiltrate one of the Black Order's bases?" Esdeath's voice contains excitement and bloodlust. The excitement of checking out this universe's world power known as the Black Order and we're trying to infiltrate one of the strongholds. As for bloodlust, Esdeath is just dying to face some worthy preys within the organization and really hope she won't be disappointed like last time.

"You just want to fight those General rank Exorcists don't you?" I ask my wife, who just did a quick kiss on the lip and just grin at me, and that's enough to answer my question.

"Right. Silly me. I shouldn't have asked an obvious question." I roll my eyes at Esdeath, as she pulls me to my feet and hugs me for a few seconds before going off to help Lenalee with her training.

"Okay, then." I stare at the back of Esdeath, who could sense me staring as she put a bit more sway into her hips, causing my stare to go to Esdeath's butt. And just like always, Esdeath keep on teasing me, no matter how I wish for her to stop.

I shake my head, then quickly bring up my [Archive]'s interface to send all the camping gears back into the [Gate of Babylon]. Thanks to these two skills, setting up and packing things up is a lot easier than before, where I have to manual put things away in my [Inventory] while taking things out is a lot easier instead.

Now, by just using [Archive]. All the things disappeared by scattering into golden dust. The same way, Gilgamesh from the Nasuverse would dismiss his treasure back to his [Gate of Babylon].

Furthermore, thanks to [Archive], I can actually link it to one of my skills other than [Gate of Babylone], which is [Eagle Vision] much to my delight. But, this would double the [Mana] cost as the result of using [Eagle Vision] through my [Archive].

I still did it though, just to check if anything is out of the ordinary, but came up with nothing. And it seems [Archive] is easy to level up too, by just linking it with other skills and using them through the [Archive]. Giving me a total of 5 levels and I just got the skill yesterday too. Also, 2 levels for [Gate of Babylon], which was already a good thing itself.

Thanks to [Archive], I can handle the massive amount of information belong to [Eagle Vision], but it didn't give me much EXP sadly. This is to show that even though I linked the [Archive] to [Eagle Vision]. Doesn't mean I found an easier way to level the skill up, showing me that I would have to train it myself without the help of [Archive] later on.

I don't know about the [Gate of Babylon], but it looks okay for me. Since it looks like both [Archive] and [Gate of Babylon] are linked together permanently. Not that I'm complaining about it. Since it saves me lots of trouble later in the future with the [Gate of Babylon] when I start filling up more stuff inside.

After all, previously before gaining the [Gate of Babylon]. It would take me a few minutes to manually search for the stuff I need inside the [Inventory] while the [Archive] and [Gate of Babylon] can find them in a matter of seconds.

Furthermore, this saved me the trouble of setting things up, as the [Archive] would do it for me with the many 'programs' installed in my [Archive].

"Come on, Ragna! Time for us to head off!" Esdeath called out to me, as she already got Lenalee to dressing in a child size blue color winter coat with a matching blue snow boot and mitten, with blue earmuffs as well. I find myself wondering where did Lenalee get all that from.

Esdeath noticing my questionable stare. "It's among the many outfits I got back at the last town we were at. You must have been spacing out at the time." Esdeath smirk at me, seeing how during those times we visited many places back at the last town, where we met the General Exorcist before killing the guy. This included multiple cloth stores, much to my dismay and Esdeath's happiness of finding something for Lenalee.

"Huh. Alrighty, then." I didn't really care if Esdeath spent the money we earned from the people I treated with [Acupuncture]. We can just earn later in the future, with more patients coming for treatments.

One of the surprising thing about this whole marriage with Esdeath. I discovered that Esdeath somehow has access to my [Inventory] and could store and take things out of it with just thoughts from her.

"Did a golden ripple appear when you try to get something out of my [Inventory]?" I ask Esdeath in a curious tone.

"Nope. Just the same blue screen window appearing in front of me whenever I wanted something out of it." Esdeath raises an eyebrow at me, then remember the [Gate of Babylon]. "Huh, I guess I can only use your old method for [Inventory] while you can only use the [Gate of Babylon] as your [Inventory] now. It's a good thing the [Inventory] I can access is still the same one and linked to your [Gate of Babylon]."

"I guess. So, do you have any idea where one of the bases belongs to the Black Order is? Or are we just picking a random direction again and hope we find one by luck?" I really wanted to know if Esdeath's basic knowledge of this universe included all the bases belong to the Black Order, but that's just wishing thinking at my end.

"Nope. That don't include in the basic. But, if you had paid attention to what my conversation with the Exorcist of the same military rank as me, then you would have known there are a few small bases nearby here. Not including the European Branch's main base." Esdeath let out a disappointed sigh and wonder if she helps her husband with his problem of spacing out that doesn't catch his attention.

"Anyway, it's just a few days of travel up north and we should find one of the smaller bases belong to the European Branch of the Black Order." Esdeath replied to my question.

So our journey resumed once more, but this time we're aiming one of the smaller bases belong to the Black Order's European Branch and the goals are to find any other information about the [Innocence] and the [Dark Matter], along with anything else worth getting.

In fact, both Esdeath and I are hoping there are some materials that created the Exorcists' outfits to draw the Akuma to them upon being near one would be enough to drive the Akuma crazy to hunt down the Exorcist once they sensed them.

50