USJ
288 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On return to class, Midoriya renounced the position of Class Rep and passed it onto Ida. Apparently he was there when Ida gave his speech in the corridor, and thought he was a better fit for the position. I couldn't agree more with that decision, but for the first time since the year started Midoriya managed to string a sentence together without stuttering.

Props to him for not being a little bitch for a minute.

Once Mr. Aizawa came in he told us we we're having our lesson at an off campus facility, so after getting our hero costumes on we were moved onto a bus that would take us there.

On the bus I was sat next to Hagakure, the class's resident invisible girl. Once the bus started moving she immediately began talking to me.

Excitedly saying "Are you excited for the rescue training? I can't wait to see where they're taking us."

"UA's loaded so it's probably going to be somewhere crazy. I mean they do have a few small scale cities for training, so If we're moving somewhere else it must be pretty extreme" I replied.

Sitting next to Hagakure feels pretty weird, since she's got her hero costume on, if your can even call gloves and shoes a costume. She's basically sitting next to me in the buff, and not being embarrassed one bit about it. Even though technically no one can see anything.

Must be because of her quirk, that she's never been bothered about nakedness. Kind of like Yaoyorozu in a sense. But I'm not really bothered about her nudity, I'm more curious about how her quirk works.

Deciding to voice my queries I ask her "How does your quirk work to make you invisible? Are your cells transparent or something?"

Laughing at my guess Hagakure tells me "Nope not transparent, the light refracts around my body, that's what makes me invisible to everyone"

"So do you consciously make yourself invisible or does your body automatically refract the light?" I further questioned.

"It's pretty weird, I've got limited control of the light around my body but my skin seems to repel the light. So no matter how I've tried nobody can see me" She explained while possibly pouting.

"I'm sure you'll find a way to become visible with all the training we'll end up doing for the next 3 years" I responded with my honest opinion. If there's one thing about quirks I've understood, it's to never assume you know everything about a quirk.

Some people have amazing quirks but never use them to their full potential because they never understood them well, or even completely misunderstood what their quirk actually was. On the flip side there's plenty of Pro Heroes that have relatively basic quirk's but use them in incredibly smart ways to get the best use out of them.

"Hell yea, just you wait once I can make myself visible I'll show you how much of a total babe you were missing out on" Hagakure claimed, placing her gloved hands on her invisible hips.

"Not that I'd complain, but you might want to put some clothes on when it happens" I remarked. For a second I was sure that I saw a flash of red coming from where Hagakure's face should be.

Must've been my imagination.

While we drove though the massive UA campus I got to know Hagakure better, she's a bubbly, cheerful individual that seems to be easy going to boot. Another thing I understood was that she seemed to like socialising a lot, so she ended up hitting it off immediately with Mina.

At some point during the drive we overheard Tsuyu saying that Midoriya quirk is similar to All Might's, before getting her opinion shot down immediately by Kirishima saying that All Might doesn't hurt himself when using his quirk.

This made Toru (Hagakure) turn to me and ask "What about you, do you think their quirks are similar. Personally I'm with Tsuyu on this one"

Thinking for a moment I replied "Now that you mention it, they do look like they have the same effects, and it doesn't help that Midoriya even copies All Might by screaming smash after every move" which made her giggle thinking about Deku's antics wit his quirk.

"But maybe it's just all in his head, you can clearly tell he idolises All Might to an unhealthy degree. So perhaps when he uses his quirk, he unconsciously copies All Might and that's why they end up looking similar." I continued to explain.

"That... Surprisingly makes a lot of sense. Maybe they aren't similar then" she said.

By the time we finished our conversation the bus parked it's self in front of a huge dome shaped arena. The size only served to enhance our want to know what was inside.

Alighting from the bus, a person in a space suit was waiting at the front door. Their name, Thirteen a pro hero who specialises in rescue. Seeing another Pro Hero, especially one as famous as Thirteen got everyone pumped up for the oncoming class.

"Hello everyone, I've been waiting for you. I can't wait to show you what's inside" Thirteen said through her full body costume.

Leading us in, we got our first peak at the facility we were going to be training in. Inside was variety of different man made environments, all of which seemed to be geared towards different types of disaster situations. From landslides to ship wrecks, this place had it all, times like this really show how much money UA puts into training their students.

Looking as proud as someone in a space suit can look Thirteen stated "I call it the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, but you can call it the USJ"

I'm guessing that this'll be the go to place for rescue training for the next few years.

While everyone was looking at the marvellous sights inside the USJ, Eraser and Thirteen started whispering to each other about something. Judging by Aizawa's face, he clearly wasn't very happy about something but he calmed down quickly.

With Aizawa stepping to the side Thirteen began to explain to us about her quirk and how she needs to be extremely careful when using it to save others. The name of the quirk's Blackhole, It provides a powerful suction force, while also being able to destroy matter if it gets close enough to the point of suction.

After Thirteen was finished Eraser spoke up "Right, now that that's over-" cutting him of was the buzzing sound of electricity. All the light surrounding the USJ were cut, dimming the place but not enough for it to make much of a difference.

Everyone was looking around wondering what was wrong when a dark purple mist appeared in front of the fountain in the centre of the USJ. It swiftly went from a small speck, to a large spiralling hole that formed into a humanoid shape. It's glowing yellow eyes starting at us menacingly as people began climbing out from inside his body.

It was at that moment I realised, that this wasn't a part of the rescue training.

While watching the villains pour out of the man with a warp quirk, Kirishima wondered out loud "Has the training started already?, I thought we were rescuing people".

As the students in class tried to step forwards to get a better look, Eraser shouted "Stay back!" making everyone jump back into place. Slipping his goggle on, he states in a grave tone "This is real, those are villains".

That was when it clicked for everyone that this was serious, seeing the large group of villains standing below them suddenly made everyone nervous. They were only students, even if they're on their way to becoming heroes, they still haven't experienced what it feels like to be attacked by real villains.

Suddenly a deep eerie sounding voice came for the misty villain, "The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraser head. Perplexing according to the schedule we retrieved from UA, All Might should be here as well"

By this time, all of the villains had finished coming through the portal. From their positions you could easily see who their leaders were, the man with the warp quirk, a guy with grey hair and hands places all over his body and a huge black bird looking... thing. The last one looked horrible, inhuman to say the least, it brain was literally on the outside of it's head and along with it's lidless eyes and serrated teeth gave it a down right monstrous appearance.

The hand man said "Maybe if I kill a few kids he'll come out".

At those words Eraser became full prepared for the assault, his messy hair and scarf floated around his head as he stared down the villains.

Everyone was throwing questions at Thirteen wondering how they even made it inside, and why the alarms weren't going off. Todoroki the explained to everyone that one of the villains probably had a quirk that's masking their presence and jamming the signals, since Kaminari couldn't get through to the school using his quirk.

"Thirteen get them out of here, and alert the main campus." While Eraser was about to start fending off the villains, Midoriya tried to talk him out of it, saying things like there's too many and that he's not suited for these kind of fights.

How weak does he think the staff at UA are, even if his points are true the staff at this school are a cut above your average heroes. Especially Aizawa, even if he can't remove your quirk, his skills in hand to hand combat are nothing to scoff at. Combine that with that scarf of his and you'd struggle to find someone who could best him.

Reassuring Midoriya, Eraser jumps down the stairs and proceeds to start giving the Villains a serious ass whooping, making Midoriya eat if own words.

While that was happening Thirteen started moving leading us to the exit, but before we could get there a deep purple portal appeared on the ground in front of us. Shooting out it was the hazy figure of the warp Villain who blocked our escape.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, we are the League of Villains. I know its impolite but we decided to invite ourselves into this haven of justice to say hello, and besides isn't this a fitting place for All Might the symbol of peace to take his last breath."

His words made the Villains intentions clear to everyone, they were planning on killing All Might during one of his classes off campus. As crazy as it sounded, it's like Todoroki said they must have a plan since they went through all the trouble to catch him at the USJ.

Before he could say much else, Bakugo and Kirishima flew at him slashing and blasting his misty body.

When the smoke lifted, everyone was surprised to see the Misty body in one piece still standing tall ahead of us.

Seconds later his Misty body began to wrap itself around us, instantly I use my quirk to launch myself out of his reach but on my exit, a wave of mist flew in front of me. With two much speed propelling me I pass straight through the smog, landing on a urban street covered in flames with the sky blackened from all the smoke.

Before I could turn around to go back through, the mist was gone leaving me stranded in the flaming city.

Nearby were some villains, none looked to special from a quick glance I could tell quite a few had mutant quirks. The warpy bastard must've moved them at different locations around the USJ and just had them wait from the students that would be teleported over.

At least I was moved to a place with fire everywhere, it's better that the ship wreck zone that's for sure.

While I was having a look at the area I noticed that none of the villains were attacking me yet. They must be waiting to see what my quirk is.

Well they won't have to wait any longer.

On my command the fire from the surrounding buildings were ripped from whatever they were burning, condensing them into spheres of violent flames.

Seeing the fire around them take shape the villain were on guard, but that didn't matter.

Pointing my finger at the enemy group, each of the fireballs rushed at them faster than they could react. On impact they caused a fiery explosion that blasted the two-bit villains across the street knocking most of them unconscious and causing some of the more flammable ones some serious burns.

One on the larger mutant types groggily got back up and roared, but all that got him was another explosion lobbed at his face putting him out the game for good.

With that group dealt with I moved their unconscious bodies together so it was easier to tie them down.

Moving to one of the nearby lamp posts, I douse my hands in super hot flames bordering on turning blue and chop it from the ground. Now that it was free to move around I heat the pole up till it turned red and malleable.

Not pitying the villains one bit, the blistering hot pole was wrapped round them tying them in place.

When I was done chopping a pole that was soon to be my ride around this place, I heard some shouts from a clearly disgruntled man.

"Hurry up! The tail bastards getting away"

Knowing my next pit stop, I hopped on my ride and blasted my self off in the direction of my classmate.

Flying through the city over the burning buildings, it never took me long to find the person I was searching for. Looking down I was just in time to see him sneak attack a guy with dual knifes, Ojiro leaped down from a pole and whacked the villain in the back of the head with is powerful tail, after knocking the guy out he left before his associates could catch him.

Once Ojiro was out the way I came crashing down on top of the villains, my foot covered in flames smashed into the ground blowing them aside with a blast of high powered flames.

Standing back up I take a quick look around to see if any of them were still conscious before calling out for Ojiro.

"Ojiro, you can come out. They've been dealt with"

Not long after a head of blonde hair peeked out from the side of a build before coming out fully with a relived expression on his face.

"Oh, so you were teleported here as well Shinmon" The tailed boy said.

"Yep, you have any idea if it's just us or did others get teleported here as well" I asked

Bouncing over next to me with his tail he replies "I don't think so, no one was near me when I got moved here, but then again you weren't either. We should check the area just in case, some of our classmates don't have strong combat quirks and could be in trouble"

"Just a quick check then. Give me a second so I can tie these fools up" I responded before repeating what I done with the pole to this group of clowns.

After that I cut a pole up for Ojiro to ride around in, having it float in front of him I say "Jump on and we'll go have a look"

Although being a bit apprehensive he sat on his ride and waited for me to take off.

"You better hold on" I told him, quickly grabbing hold he wraps his tail round the pole for extra grip.

Once he was ready, I turned the thrust up and we both climbed high into the air. Soaring above the buildings I tell Ojiro "Tell me if you see anyone and I'll go pick them up"

We done a quick pass around the fire zone, apprehending a couple villains along the way. On the whole it only took a few minutes to check the entire place with the speed we were going at.

"That's us checked everywhere, it must've just been you, me and the villains here. We better get a move on, who knows how Mr. Aizawa's handling things out there" I said to Ojiro as we flew to the exit.

I know I said that Aizawa could handle it but I'm getting a bad feeling about this. If you look at the big picture, we know that they came here for All Might, but since he's a no-show they've probably set their sights on the pros. If that's the case then they must have a weapon or something that they were confident could kill the number 1 hero. If they decide to use it on Eraser I doubt he'd be able to tank it.

"Shinmon what's your plan, are we going to help out our classmates?" Ojiro questioned as we almost made it to the exit.

"No, I'm going to give Mr. Aizawa backup, I think the boss of these villains is hiding something and he's going to be the one who's attacked first" I told him

"But what about the others?" he asked sounding concerned for his classmates.

"What about them? They should be able to handle themselves, I agreed to check the fire zone because we were already in it. Going round all the area's doesn't seem smart when that warp bastard could scatter us again. Better off going to help where it makes a difference, but if you want to go look for the others be my guest, I'll even send you over to the next zone." I responded

We continued to fly through the air as Ojiro sat in silence mulling over his decision.

"Your right, I should believe in my classmates more. I mean we're all UA students aren't we" Ojiro exclaimed with his conviction strengthened.

Shrugging my shoulders at him, we leave the first zone and quickly head for the centre of the USJ where Eraser's fighting.

From our high vantage point, I could see Aizawa brawling with the villains in the distance, only now his appearance was a lot more haggard. Our teachers elbow was completely cracked open, even from where we were I could see the crimson red of flesh and blood. It looked like he was extremely vigilant about the hand villain, it's possible that he was the one to injure him but we can't make any assumptions about his quirk until we get clarification.

As we got closer to Eraser, I could feel my hear pound in anticipation for the upcoming battle.

Ever since Habachi first took me in and began teaching me, I ended up cultivating a passion for fighting. That same passion always landed me in trouble, once I snuck out of Asakusa to go to an under ground fighting event. By the time I came back I was neck deep in bother from both Habachi and Konro which led to a massive scolding, still it never stopped me going back.

But that was when I never had a concrete goal in life, all I wanted was to become stronger so I could protect myself. Eventually though after watching the vigilantes of Asakusa fight to protect their town, I found what I was looking for and that's what led me to UA.

After deciding I wanted to be a hero, I ended up calming down a lot. But when I know, that there's a strong opponent I just can't help myself from felling elated.

When me and Ojiro were almost above Aizawa, the massive beaked humanoid ran behind him at phenomenal speeds. He hadn't even noticed him due to the hand villain distracting him.

Noticing the danger our teacher was in I tell Ojiro "Hurry up and jump!", which he promptly did so along with myself. As we fell to the ground I launched both poles towards the villain as hard as I could.

The two projectiles crashed into the muscular villain but as if nothing fazed him, both were left rocketing against his chest barely moving him back. But at least the attacks gave Aizawa enough of an opening to put some distance between him and the enemy.

Now with both feet on the ground I ignore the hand villains violent scratching, get in position for a move that packs a bit more heat.

Getting into stance, aiming both my hand at the big guy, sharp blades of flames ignite on both my palms which roared with vigour. Quickly reaching the desired temperature my attack was ready.

'Iai Hand-Sword: Fourth Form - Red Sun'

From my hands shot forward an intense beam of flames, the blazing heat ray scorched the ground of the USJ black as it charged at the it's target. The beast tried to move out the way but it's dodge wasn't quick enough, my attack burned clean through the left side of it's body.

Falling to it's side, what was left of his body struck the ground. As this happened the hand villain screamed with malice and rushed at me.

"Cheater! you cheated!" he uncontrollably screamed with his arms stretched in my direction

But before he could even make it half way, Eraser came in with a kick to his ribs knocking the wind right out his lungs.

As Eraser moved in with his bindings the villain screamed at the top of his lungs.

"KUROGIRI!"

Before the bindings could reach him a black mist descended over his body, moving to a different location before Aizawa could catch him.

Pulling his scarf bindings back into place, Eraser regrouped next to me just in time to see the hand villain and the now named Kurogiri materialize at the opposite side of the fountain.

"Shigaraki, the hero Thirteen is out of commission, but in the process I allowed a student to escape. Should we make our retreat" Kurogiri said in a deep voice.

Clawing at his neck, Shigaraki replied "No! That brat over there nearly melted the Nomu. He needs to pay for the damage he caused to our weapon."

"But-"

"I don't want to hear anything out of someone who couldn't even stop a bunch of kids. Nomu! get up" he screeched towards the previously downed figure.

Turning to the Nomu I saw, something that should be impossible. The monsters leg tissues had already regenerated and his arm would've been as well if it wasn't for Eraser cancelling his quirk at the last minute.

That thing has regeneration and super speed? is it even human? As these questions flew through my mind Eraser spoke up.

"Shinmon, the other teachers at UA should be on their way, we only need to hold on for a little longer. I've been overusing my quirk too much so there's not long between blinks, but it should be enough if we fight carefully."

"Stay at a distance and keep the Nomu off my back, If you do that I can handle the other two. Just keep and eye out for any portals when my quirk wears off between blinks. Also the Handman has a decay quirk, anything he touches disintegrates." he informed me.

"Right I'll keep the big guy off you case" I replied.

Holding my hand out, my mount flies over and picks me up. Lifting off into the air once again, I pulled myself on top and began hurling fireballs at the Nomu.

"Nomu crush these fools" Shigaraki eerily said, finally finished tearing at his neck skin.

The Nomu rushed at the closest target Aizawa but before it could close in on the homeroom teacher fiery explosions littered the ground in front of him.

Stopping dead in his tracks, it's hideous face twisted in my direction before sprinting and leaping towards my position.

While the Nomu closed in on me, I created a bunch of fire stakes, with a single point they all flew at the creature nailing him all over the body. Even so while they caused burning across it body, all of the impact from the projectiles seemed to be absorbed into it's body. It must have a impact absorption quirk or something similar, that would explain how it tanked my first attack.

Reaching the apex of its leap the Nomu fell back towards earth. Slamming it's legs off the ground it came back for a second try, but unlike the first time, I never attacked the Nomu in mid air, instead I set up the playing field to my advantage.

Maneuvering past the hulking villain, it's charge ends in failure once again. When he was only a few off the ground a great pillar of flames emerged from the floor, engulfing the creature from brain to toe.

While the Nomu was airborne I ignited a vast blanket of fire over the concrete floor. It was thin enough to not take much out of me but still enough to do it's job. Now all I have to do is power up certain segments of the floor to cook the guy, and how're you supposed to dodge something your standing on.

When fire around the Nomu doused out, the charred hide of the villain holding his head was revealed. Most of its skin was eaten away by the ever hungry flames, exposing the creatures powerful muscles to everyone nearby. Although by the way it protected it's exposed brain, I assumed that was it's weak point.

Not letting up, a blazing wave of fire washed over the villains body. All it took was a wave of my hand to generate this effect, all of the fire that wasn't used in the last attack was thrown into this one.

From under the raging waves of flames, the Nomu's wails of agony were heard as it thrashed around trying to leave from the fire's vicinity.

From where Aizawa was a yell was heard.

"Nomu! Attack the children at the entrance" Shigaraki ordered his subordinate before getting knocked out by one of Aizawa's punches

Overriding it's previous orders, the Nomu rushed towards it's new targets, ignoring all pain to complete it's Masters orders.

The Nomu's body was still alight as he sprinted up the stairs at speeds barely visible to the naked eye.

I rushed after it, but no matter how much power I put into closing the distance, there was just no catching up to it. My heart dropped, thinking about how everyone at the entrance would end up due to me being too slow.

It was when the Nomu reached the top and my nervousness was peaking, that it was suddenly smacked back down. It's giant body was sent straight into the concrete floor sending dust everywhere. When the cloud cleared, you could see the scorched Nomu lying within a large crater of cracked concrete.

"Have no fear students, I am here!" Its was him, the symbol of peace, the hero who just took up a job at his old school. All Might was here to save the day and he didn't look happy.

In the blink of an eye all the students nearby were moved to the exit, then All Might raced down next to the Nomu and began thumping it with punches.

While the two behemoths were clashing, I was being pushed further ad further away, but even as this happened I was totally mesmerised at the power All Might was showing. It was beyond all my expectations, he made the Nomu that was supposed to counter him look like a total joke. He was literally forcing everyone else there back, just by the wind pressure generated from his punches.

While those two fought, Kurogiri used the moment everyone was blown back to teleport away with a limp Shigaraki. Now that Aizawa had no opponent to fight, he used his erasure quirk on the Nomu turning the fight into a complete no contest.

With a final punch All Might shouted at the Nomu "Go beyond! Plus Ultra!" as he drove his mighty fist into the villains stomach.

The attack sent the Nomu battering through the USJ walls and flying into the distance, while All Might stood proud. Inspiring the next generation of heroes to become stronger with his monstrous display of power.

From then on it was a nightmare for the villains, the UA staff arrived and began taking them down in hoards. Snipe must've had a ball shooting the scores of villains from across the USJ, that quirk of his is really something. Imagine he used different kinds of projectiles instead of just bullet, he could end up causing insane amounts of damage, and to make it worse there'd be no dodging his shots.

Watching him fight gave me and idea for a skill that should give me some much needed defence from ranged attacks.

So as soon as school finished I went straight home to get some practice in.

Announcement

Leave a Review

7