Creepy Files part 2
496 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me.

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The file was opened with a slow and deliberate movement, like the creaking of an ancient door. Austin's fingers, calloused and weathered, moved with a certain reverence as if they were handling a sacred tome.

What Austin didn't know was that everything that lay within these files would change everything he thought he knew about the world.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Dear Colleagues and Partners.

Amidst the annals of our world's long history, mankind has been privy to knowledge of Pokémon beyond the ordinary. These creatures possess abilities that defy the very boundaries of normality, and traits that surpass the scope of our comprehension. Pokémon of such magnitude that many designed them as gods, or at the very least, mythical beings of unparalleled power.

And yet, when one contemplates these so-called divine beings, what do we know of them? Where do they come from, and what renders them so remarkable? What are their motives, and more importantly, can we trust them to remain loyal to our cause? For how long can we continue to place our faith blindly in the hands of these 'gods,' and who will put them in check when they veer off course?

The International League has made it strictly clear that any attempts to investigate these mysteries are to be sternly condemned, citing safety as their foremost concern. But I ask you, are we not already in grave danger? Those who have beheld the ruins of the Orre region can attest to the existence of real threats, lurking unbridled and free to wreak havoc on our world.

However, I have reason to believe that the age of darkness that befell mankind is finally coming to an end. Behind the veil of secrecy, there exist individuals working tirelessly to emancipate us from our shackles and lead us toward a future in which we no longer cower before the unknown. A new world, free from the tyranny of the gods.

In order to achieve this objective, we must rely on the one facet that Pokémon have always lacked: creativity and innovation. The God's Facility has been established with the explicit purpose of devising methods to subdue or capture a Legendary Pokémon, utilizing its powers for the greater good of humankind, and uncovering the true nature of these false gods. We shall leave no stone unturned, and no avenue unexplored, in our pursuit of this objective. We must be willing to cross boundaries that were hitherto unthinkable and venture into uncharted waters.

Let us not harbor any illusions, for in order to vanquish a god, we shall require a devil. If you are reading this, it means that you comprehend the gravity of our situation and have joined our ranks. I welcome you to the fold.

Doctor Musashi Redburn, Site Director.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Hahahaha," Austin muttered, the sound reverberating through the room. "What utter nonsense."

Green looked up from her card game, her expression curious. "What's got you so worked up?"

Austin shook his head, his expression incredulous. "This introduction letter I found. It's positively riddled with flaws and assumptions. It makes me wonder how anyone could ever believe this place isn't completely unhinged."

"Pray tell, what does it say?" Green asked, leaning forward in her seat.

Austin rubbed his temples, the absurdity of the letter still fresh in his mind. "It claims that everyone here is crazy, for starters. And then it goes on to say that they were looking for a way to kill or capture a Legendary Pokémon."

Green's eyes widened in disbelief. "Why in the world would they want to do that?"

"Paranoia," Lucario chimed in, his speech slightly slurred from the effects of the chocolate alcohol cocktail he had been consuming. He promptly collapsed onto the 

table, knocked out cold.

A sigh escaped from Austin's lips, his mind wandering towards his next steps. Suddenly, a thought popped into his head.

"Green, give me the debit card back," he stated firmly.

Green's eyes widened, a look of confusion spreading across her face. "I have no idea what you're talking about," she said, her tone laced with a hint of irritation.

Austin raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "The debit card you took from my wallet earlier. It's fake."

Green's jaw dropped, shocked by Austin's words. "What?!"

"I'm always one step ahead of you, Green. I knew you couldn't be trusted," Austin replied coolly.

Green pouted, crossing her arms in frustration. "You're such a meanie, Ash."

Austin shrugged, indifferent to her complaints. "Whatever."

Green's stomach rumbled, a reminder of their present needs. "What are we supposed to eat?" she asked a hint of desperation in her voice.

Austin paused, considering their options. "Take out or whatever's in the fridge," he said as he pulled up an archive revealing an enormous list of files with bizarre names, but at least somewhat organized. It was clear that this was going to be a long night.

-Subject001 (Terminated)

-Subject001-Appendix

-Subject002 (Terminated)

-Subject002-Appendix

-Subject003 (Terminated)

-Subject003-Appendix

.....

The list was long and foreboding, a catalog of horrors that seemed to have no end. Each entry terminated, snuffed out with cold finality, leaving nothing behind but the empty echo of its existence. The titles, once denoting a subject, were replaced with the sterile word 'project', as if the weight of their terrible deeds could be lightened by such a clinical term. The names that followed were no comfort, offering no insight or explanation for the atrocities committed in their names. They were meaningless, hollow labels that held no solace for the horrors that lay within. Austin read on his heart heavy with dread.

.....

-Project106 Imperfect Imposter

-Project 107 Truthful Mimikyu (Terminated)

-Project 107 Truthful Mimikyu-Appendix

-Project 108 Inside-out Dusclops

-Project 109 Dream Chainer

-Project 110 Infinite Snorlax (Terminated)

-Project 110 Infinite Snorlax Appendix

....

The endless list of terminated subjects came to an end, save for one. Project Z. Austin's curiosity was piqued as he clicked on the file, revealing a vast document before him.

[ Project Z ]

[ Synopsis ]

Project Z, or as it was later known, Project Mega, was a dream. A dream of creating a Pokemon that could permanently retain the immense power and appearance of one of the Mega Evolutions of the starter Pokemon, Charmander. The very idea of this species was to possess the unique ability to transcend the normal three-stage evolution and undergo a remarkable transformation into two distinct evolutions. This extraordinary phenomenon had been dubbed Mega Evolution, a concept so breathtaking that it bordered on the impossible.

The Charizard-line, was a rather peculiar line, even amongst fire types. For one thing, there existed no other pokémon to date, whose genetic constitution matched so closely to draconic DNA, as it did in the case of Charizard. One only needed to see a Charizard to understand the draconic parentage in them, what with their entire body anatomy being better suited to draconic species than most dragons out there.

And yet, they were classified as a fire/flying-type species.

Initially, the official record about their classification generated much negative public opinion. After all, if it looks like a dragon, flies like a dragon, and belches flames like a dragon, it must inevitably be a dragon. The answer to that conundrum came from a research report submitted by Lazarus White, a reclusive pokémon researcher from north-east Johto. His granddaughter Liza is presently the current head of the family and the caretaker of the Charicific Valley, a haven for Charizards. The protection and maintenance of the Valley have been with the White family for several generations now.

According to Lazarus, the Charizard-line came showed direct descent from two very specific draconic DNA—the first is Tyrantrum, a fossil pokémon species whose remnants were excavated out in Kalos around ninety years ago. The second, unbelievably so, was Moltres- as was discovered after a detailed analysis of one of its feathers that was gifted to the Wataru Clan some two centuries ago. It is not clear how such a genetic combination came into being, though it is believed, that the amplified potency of the Fire nature in Moltres was somehow able to dominate over the draconic nature in Charizard, giving higher priority to Fire typing than Dragon. The exact answer is still a subject of research, but it is clear that the Charizard line, is the only fire type in the world of pokémon, that is, to put in more crass words, not a glass cannon, like most fire types generally are.

While the draconic DNA turned recessive, it did impart the physical strength and might of dragons to the Charizard line, a fact that becomes extremely distinct with each successive evolution. As a Charmander, almost nothing save a dragon dance, or a paltry dragon breath was what it was capable of, but on further evolutions, a Charizard was capable of performing almost everything that a pure dragon could do.

And yet, its innate Fire nature didn't give way to Dragon to establish dominance.

The answer to this quandary came in the form of Mega-evolution.

Mega-Charizard X, a type where the draconic DNA got access to further evolve, and become much more active than the extremely potent Moltres DNA, gave rise to the form of a black draconic Charizard with a dragon/fire typing. It was, in essence, a quintessential specimen with equal aspects of Fire and Dragon, both enhanced to massive proportions. The other was Mega-Charizard Y, where the Moltres' DNA attained further evolution, making the form the ultimate fire type, second only to the might of the original legendary itself. Its firepower and abilities were superlative, a clear indication that its origins lay in the primordial personification of Fire itself.

These Mega evolutions while currently not fully revealed to the public are beacons of power that can help the God's Facility achieve their goal of killing a legendary Pokémon but the power of mega evolution is temporary hence Project Z was created.

The tinkering with the very building blocks of life, was the baseline of Project Z. And what a project it was. To take the Charmander line, and with a delicate hand, reconstruct it until Project Z could maintain the state of a Mega Evolution permanently. It was a task that was no less than Herculean in scale.

To achieve this, the DNA of Project Z was to be manipulated and altered, all in the pursuit of unlocking the latent potential of either the Tyrantrum line or the legendary Moltres that lay hidden within the Charmander's DNA. The end goal is to create a perfect match to the state of Mega Evolution X or Y.

But it was no easy task. The process of gene editing and reconstruction resulted in a physical toll on the creature, one that was too much for the body of a Charmander to bear. The body would ultimately reject both the activation of its draconic and fire-flying side, resulting in death.

It was a grim reality that demanded a new approach, one that would involve the manipulation of the Charmander's DNA as soon as the zygote was established. For the completion of Project Z, newly born Charmanders were not to be used. The process must begin at the very inception of life itself. ]

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ Omake Paragraph ]

It is a common saying that lava does not harden into rock, but into fur, and in this way a Quilava is born, for the way in which flames sprout from its back recalls a volcano erupting. The reality is somewhat less interesting; Quilava is an early branch of mammalian pokemon often seen as primitive and relies on these fires to regulate their internal body temperature. Their fur has sacrificed warmth for fire resistance and was used in the old days to make clothing for firefighters, for it protects the wearer so well that they could walk through Cinnabar Volcano unfazed.

Ironically, the very item which protected Quilava from their heat and those of predators, after tens of millions of years, became the cause of their downfall. People from far-flung desert regions and volcanic islands were willing to pay a premium for Quilava fur. The Emperor of Johto at this time had lost a palace to a Cyndaquil fire, and was eager to comply, but was far more interested in paying off a vast governmental debt than in maintaining the population as a resource for the future.

Thus passed the wild Quilava from Johto, overhunted like so many others.

26