A Blast from the Past
508 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters (+ 70 ) of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord

https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ POV Change ]

Austin sat on the floor with Charmeleon sitting beside him, the glow of his laptop screen reflected from the duo's eyes. Austin was completely focused on the task at hand, completely ignoring the outside world. To the duo, the only sound in the room was the faint clicking of the keys as Austin scrolled through the files on the screen.

He sat with his back straight and his eyes glued to the screen, completely absorbed in what he was doing. Now and then, he would pause to consider something or make a quick note on a nearby pad of paper.

Austin's eyes caught a glimpse of a file folder named," Dr. Lyndis's diary" 

Curiosity filled Austin as he wondered why Giovanni had a doctor's diary on him.

' It must be important.'

Austin thought as he clicked on the file folder only to be meant with hundreds of audio files. He clicked on the audio file on the top, eager to hear the contents. But as he listened, he was met with nothing but silence.

Confused, Austin checked to make sure the audio file was open and playing. He looked for any visual indicators that the audio was playing, but he saw none.

Just as he was about to give up and assume the file was faulty, the audio suddenly started playing. The voice of an anxious woman filled the room, causing Austin to jump in surprise.

He quickly turned up the volume, his curiosity piqued by the sudden change in circumstances.

Suddenly the duo heard the voice of a woman who sounded like she was in her early twenties.

With a cacophonous burst, Charmeleon recoiled at the sound of the woman's voice emanating from the audio file. As if stricken by some ghastly affliction, he clutched at his cranium, his agony evident to any observer.

At that moment, a series of disjointed memories besieged Charmeleon, flashing before his eyes like an infernal inferno. 

The memories shifted, and Charmeleon saw himself stumbling and falling as he learned to walk for the first time. 

A woman had been there, holding his hand and guiding him, encouraging him with a smile and a soft voice as the woman's outstretched hands reached towards him with beseeching eyes, that burned into his consciousness like a branding iron.

Austin's countenance contorted with apprehension as Charmeleon unleashed an unexpected outcry, causing him to falter in his attempt to terminate the audio file. The distressed creature's agitation was palpable, his voice awash with feverish desperation.

"Char!" Charmeleon rasped, his breaths ragged and shallow. "Char, Charmeleon!"

A sense of uncertainty engulfed Austin, as he wrestled with conflicting impulses. On the one hand, he was loath to exacerbate Charmeleon's agony, but on the other, he could not turn a deaf ear to the entreaty of his anguished companion.

"Very well," Austin replied, his words measured and deliberate. "We shall continue, but should the pain prove too much for you to bear, we shall desist, agreed?"

Charmeleon's gaze remained fixed on the screen, his affirmation conveyed through a subtle nod of his head.

" What's wrong ?" Green called to Austin as he turned to see the entire table of players looking at him curiously except Lucario who was still knocked out.

" I think we found who rescued Charmeleon from his experiment site." 

Pikachu and the other's eyes widened as they remembered the theory their trainer had told them about Charmeleon's past but no one took it seriously since there was no proof.

" Charmeleon!" The dragon roared out causing everyone to stop while Yellow jolted up awake as Charmeleon clicked on the audio file.

" Let's talk later, I'll explain everything for now, let's hear the audio files." 

Everyone collectively nodded while Yellow looked around as she was still half asleep before laying her head on Austin's lap and falling back asleep.

.....

Recorded on September 1.

Not sure why I even decided to record this. It's not as if I would know and I have already experienced everything I recorded myself. This is stupid.

....

As soon as the audio stopped everyone looked at each other in confusion.

Just what was that? 

" Charmeleon, are you alright ?" Austin asked in concern as he saw the dazed look in Charmeleon's eyes.

Charmeleon slowly nodded as he pointed forward at the laptop.

Austin nodded understanding that Charmeleon wanted him to play the other files.

..... ..

Recorded on September 8:

Okay, my therapist is a mind reader. Did not even need to see the empty pages of my notebook but somehow she knew I didn't write in that stupid thing. I guess now I'll have to anyway.

Apparently, it is supposed to help me, somehow. I guess I'll just start with the basics even though it is stupid but recording helps me better, so I guess I'll go with recording overwriting but this is stupid since I will be the only one hearing this.

My name is Lyndis Flash and when recording this I am a 26-year-old girl, with no friends and still single.

This should be enough information for now, Guess I'll drabble in here if I feel like it.

....

Austin and everyone sat in a circle around his laptop, their faces etched with concentration as they listened to the recording. The voice of the anxious woman filled the room, causing a sense of unease to settle over the group.

Yellow who had been awoken by the first film was the first to speak up, her brow furrowed with concern. "Do you guys think we should keep listening to this? It feels like we're invading someone's privacy. It's like reading someone's diary or something."

Charmeleon was completely engrossed in his task, clicking through the audio files with ferocity, his claws puncturing the keys on the laptop as he went. He seemed to be in a world of his own, completely ignoring the innocent words of his companion, Yellow, who was sitting next to him.

"Charmeleon!" Austin shouted, causing the fiery dragon to snap out of his reverie and snarl menacingly at his trainer. The other Pokemon in the room looked on in surprise and concern. They had never seen Charmeleon so angry before.

But just as quickly as he had flared up, Charmeleon seemed to realize his mistake. He bowed his head apologetically to Austin, who sighed and patted the Pokemon's head reassuringly.

"Don't worry, buddy," Austin said, his tone gentle but firm. "Just control your anger. I know you can do it." Charmeleon looked up at his trainer, a glimmer of understanding in his eyes.

Austin then turned to Yellow, who looked uncomfortable and unsure of what to do. "But do you have something to say to Yellow?" he asked Charmeleon.

Charmeleon turned to face Yellow and apologetically bowed his head. Yellow was quick to forgive the hybrid Pokemon for his outburst, even though she wasn't quite sure what had caused it.

Looking at Austin for guidance, Yellow listened as he explained Charmeleon's attachment to the files he was so focused on. She nodded, her eyes widening in understanding. "No, no, I didn't know," she said quickly, her voice apologetic. "I'm sorry, Charmeleon. I didn't mean to stop you or anything. I just didn't know."

Austin clapped his hands, drawing everyone's attention back to him. "Well, let's just make up for it already," he said, his tone lightening. "Charmeleon, try to be careful. The equipment is fragile."

Charmeleon grunted in acknowledgment, but then Austin's next request seemed to catch him off guard. "And buddy," Austin said, addressing Charmeleon directly. "Can you give me the piece of the key that's stuck to your claw?"

Charmeleon's eyes widened in surprise and he looked down at his claw, where a small piece of the laptop key was indeed stuck. 

"Char!"

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

[ Omake Paragraph ]

Amazingly, a creature that had survived unchanged for hundreds of millions of years could be nearly wiped out in the wild by man in the space of a few hundred. It is even more amazing that such a creature could be thoroughly domesticated, to the point where Totodile today is a friendly and docile pokemon which have changed so much from its wild forebears that they are properly considered a separate species – T. domesticates. And yet through the power of artificial selection, Totodile are today among the most common pets in Johto.

Man has created not one species of Totodile, however, but two. For while most Totodile were bred for docility, some saw in the species the seeds of a ferocious, amphibious warrior and bred them to that end. And it is these Totodile that survive in the wild today; indeed, it is their final form of Feraligatr from which we get the term "feral".

The feral Totodile, for all their skill in battle, was simply too hard for their trainers to control. The decision was made to release them all into the wild, for their breeders could not bear to destroy their creations; perhaps it would have been kinder if they had. The new Totodile and their evolutions went after their prey with complete determination, even chasing pokemon such as Marill and Bidoof onto the land to devour them. The ancient Totodile, who had always waited for their prey to swim by and survived because they always eventually did, never stood a chance.

28